I'm suprised you would go for a Filipina to have a child.

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Jake
Freshman Poster

I'm suprised you would go for a Filipina to have a child.

Post by Jake »

Winston, as a Chinaman, I'm surprised you would go for a Filipina to have a child. Most Chinamen from Taiwan, China, and Hong Kong would rather go for ethnic Chinese women or at least one close to the Chinese culture like Vietnamese or Koreans than to go for a Filipina in Philippines to have a child as you did plan to have a child with a Filipina. I understand going to Philippines go get laid with sexy Filipinas to sow one's oats but their culture is way different.

A little about myself, I'm a Chinaman living in Canada and both of my parents used to live in Taiwan. I do find white chicks and many other chicks sexy but I wouldn't consider having kids with any other race except my own as I want my future children to look like it belongs to me.

My cousin lives in China as an English teacher and he has a kid with a Mainland girlfriendl; he is happier abroad ever since he left Canada five years ago. I also know quite a number of others overseas Chinamen(Taiwan, China, HK) who have girlfriends, mistresses and wives from Mainland China. I even know one Taiwanese man who has a wife(they have a son together) in China from Xiamen and they speck the same dialect which the Xiamen dialect is 99% same as Taiwanese dialect.

Anyways, if I do find a foreign wife, it be a mainland wife and I'll live in China teaching and tutoring English or do other possible business there.

By the way, John Nada has good advice about teaching English all over the world for current and future English teachers in his Twitter. http://twitter.com/JohnNada

All feedbacks are welcome and I'll post more as now I'm kinda in a rush to go outside soon...

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Was that an ad for your "time machine" software product?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Some people care about purity of race and some do not. I guess Winston is not into preserving the Master Race. Maybe nationality/race do not matter to him but looks/personality do. In the Philippines, by the way, many Chinese mingle with the locals (Malays), and the same goes for Thailand.

Quite good looking kids are born as a result, too.

A child without a Filipina mother in the Philippines may not have full citizenship rights, as well. So, his was the right decision for the future of the child in the country of the latter's birth.

But most probably, he simply followed the feelings that Nature gave him and Nature obviously does not care about race.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Post by gmm567 »

Winston...are you a chinaman. Or are you just chinese.

I am laughing.

I haven't heard the word chinamen in years. I think it is somewhat of a ethnic slur, no?
Jake
Freshman Poster

Post by Jake »

Winston, ask your father. Would he rather have a Taiwanese/Chinese grandson or a half breed Filipino one. If you want to go against your Chinaman race and culture, then that is your choice but for sure I won't as one day I will live in my homeland in China.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

People from Taiwan in many cases have already mixed in with the Malay population of the island, and many Taiwanese have Malay ( same race as Filipinos) blood. Winston may also have Malay ancestors so it may not be the first time his pure race has intermingled.

Have you seen how many TWese are round faced, flat nosed, with big eyes and are short and stocky? It is quite easy to tell them from HK people or mainland usually. Not all but by and large TWese look like they have a huge injection of Malay genes. Nothing new here. If he goes back to TW with a half Malay son, they will fit right in.

Now if he went home with a half- Bantu son, well, maybe there would be a problem.

Plus, I do not think there is room on this forum for advocating race discrimination when choosing partners and racial exclusivity be it Chinese or any other. We should judge people whom we like to have kids with based on character, fertility and well, attractiveness, not on what race they belong to. Otherwise, we are prejudging and practicing racial prejudice.

We live international lifestyles and are world citizens here, and are children of the earth. While you are definitely entitled to your opinion here, this forum advocates being happier in other cultures in all respects including having a kid. After all, what is dating or love all about?

Additionally, Winston has found himself a super model-looking girl. There are very few girls like that in China. You will be hard pressed to find a Chinese girl that even approximates that type of beauty. And if she does, she may not favor people like Winston, but would prefer a Lenovo executive with the latest model Lexus.
Last edited by ladislav on April 23rd, 2009, 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Jake wrote:Winston, ask your father. Would he rather have a Taiwanese/Chinese grandson or a half breed Filipino one. If you want to go against your Chinaman race and culture, then that is your choice but for sure I won't as one day I will live in my homeland in China.
It's your life, feel free to move anywhere you like.

One in 8 children born in Taiwan today is multi-ethnic.
Jake
Freshman Poster

Post by Jake »

You guys are mentioning about those natives in Taiwan before any Chinese people immigrated to Taiwan. These people have more in common with Malays, Filipinos, and maybe Japanese as they are Pacific Islanders but they are a minority.
The mass Chinese immigrants before ROC retreated after World War 2 were South Fujianese people from the Fujian province of China which is where the Taiwanese dialect and people came from; they are the majority. There are Chinese from all over China(many are ROC soldiers and their families) which came when ROC retreated to Taiwan and that is how I'm only half Taiwanese(from South Fujian province ancestry which makes the majority of Taiwan), and half from Beijinger.

Ever notice South Fujianese dialect and Taiwanese dialect really have similarities? So similar that they can actually talk to each other in a normal conversation and especially Xiamen dialect which is 99% Taiwanese dialect according to a Taiwanese friend of mines who has a Xiamen wife and now have a son together living in Shanghai.

About race mixing, yes it's going on in Taiwan with the natives and with foreigners but it's the culture of women a man seeks as a wife or mother of his children(whatever you call it) that makes a huge difference. Also the food a wife cooks everyday if one seeks a housewife has to take into consideration as well as I prefer Chinese home cooked meals. Me, as a Chinaman myself prefer my future wife and mother of my children to be and follow the Chinese culture. As for Winston, in China, he can easily find a young sexy wife there just like many Chinese outside China like Hong Kong men, Taiwan men, and other Chinamen who did business outside China but want to return back to China.

I visited China in Beijing, Fuzhou and Xiamen and there are many middle aged(some overweight) Taiwan men who have young wives(more like 2nd or 3rd wives as they have a wife in Taiwan), mistresses in their 20s so if these men can have young sexy wives or mistresses, then for sure Winston can get a young sexy Chinese wife for himself. Of course a man needs to speak good command of Mandarin and even better, speak their local dialects depending which part of China to find a much better possibility to find a wife in China.

Edit: now that Taiwan and China is more intergrated with direct non-stop flights and more trade, it's easier for any Chinese outside China to find a wife and live there.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I guess Winston finds Filipino culture and temperament more to his liking than that of Chinese people. He has mentioned on numerous occasions how he did not seem to have much in common with them. Maybe he will change his mind later.
Jake
Freshman Poster

Post by Jake »

What I read so far in other boards in this forum is Winston has problems in the Philippines, the Filipino people and his girlfriend Dianne. The first two is related to different cultures that any Chinaman would have issues and that is why most Chinamen go for women of their own kind to have children to avoid these huge differences of cultural issues.

Perhaps Winston should declare Philippines is a failure for him to live there and try to convince Dianne to give up the son to be raised in Taiwan with the help of Winston's parents. If that is not possible, then setup some kind of regular informal child support that is enough to cover the costs to raise their son in the Philippines until his son is of age to work(at least beyond junior high which maybe 15 or 16?); then Winston can be on his way to live in Taiwan or better yet, live in China and work as an English teacher or do other things to make a living or open up a business. Also he can find a new Mainland girlfriend or possibly a wife to have another kid. In the meanwhile, he can always visit his son anytime during Winston's free time. Or maybe Winston can raise him when the son gets older as son when they are younger needs the mother's nurturing but when the son gets older, they need the father's discipline and guidance to become a man.

By the way, in China, one does not have to be totally monogamous as long as you are discreet. If one have a wife, or live in girlfriend with children, one can secretly see other women in the form of other girlfriends, mistresses or if your rich enough, more unofficial "wives" with their own households. I know quite a number of Chinamen that does that. One Shanghainese man has a family home with a big house, a wife, and a son in Hangzhou which is a commuting distance from Shanghai but he also has an apartment in Shanghai with a mistress. On weekdays from Mondays to Thursdays, he stays in his Shanghai apartment banging that mistress. In the weekends, he stays in the family house seeing his wife and kids.

I miss being in China picking up chicks anywhere, going to KTVs, massage places or "barber shops" with butterfly symbols on it, or just picking up chicks in any fast food like KFC. :lol:
Winston
Site Admin

Re: I'm suprised you would go for a Filipina to have a child

Post by Winston »

Jake wrote:Winston, as a Chinaman, I'm surprised you would go for a Filipina to have a child. Most Chinamen from Taiwan, China, and Hong Kong would rather go for ethnic Chinese women or at least one close to the Chinese culture like Vietnamese or Koreans than to go for a Filipina in Philippines to have a child as you did plan to have a child with a Filipina. I understand going to Philippines go get laid with sexy Filipinas to sow one's oats but their culture is way different.

A little about myself, I'm a Chinaman living in Canada and both of my parents used to live in Taiwan. I do find white chicks and many other chicks sexy but I wouldn't consider having kids with any other race except my own as I want my future children to look like it belongs to me.

My cousin lives in China as an English teacher and he has a kid with a Mainland girlfriendl; he is happier abroad ever since he left Canada five years ago. I also know quite a number of others overseas Chinamen(Taiwan, China, HK) who have girlfriends, mistresses and wives from Mainland China. I even know one Taiwanese man who has a wife(they have a son together) in China from Xiamen and they speck the same dialect which the Xiamen dialect is 99% same as Taiwanese dialect.

Anyways, if I do find a foreign wife, it be a mainland wife and I'll live in China teaching and tutoring English or do other possible business there.

By the way, John Nada has good advice about teaching English all over the world for current and future English teachers in his Twitter. http://twitter.com/JohnNada

All feedbacks are welcome and I'll post more as now I'm kinda in a rush to go outside soon...
W: Hi Jake. Those are good questions. If you've read my biography (http://www.happierabroad.com/biography.htm) and my views on Taiwanese mentality (http://www.happierabroad.com/Asian_Mentality.htm) you'd realize that I am very far and different from a typical Taiwanese or even a Chinese American. Most Taiwanese as well as people in Asia in general, are conformists. They follow their culture, established order of things, and never even think to be "different" or "unique". In that sense, their minds are narrow, and anything outside the box stumps them because their brains can't process something that's outside the box or that isn't simple and practical.

In other words, I've always been different and unique, so one should not logically expect me to be like "most people" or "most asians/taiwanese" etc. You see my point?

Plus I grew up in the US and it is expected that I would have a Western mentality, culture, and taste. That's partially why I always found blondes to be the hottest women. I actually didn't find Filipinas very attractive for a while, until I met them and dated them. Then my tastes changed. They are very satisfying and pleasing in a way that American or Chinese women are not. You should experience them first before you judge.

It's natural to prefer your own race, but another thing to open your mind and tastes and date different ethnicities. Besides, some men love variety, and so do I. And I've always had a thing for slightly brown shaded women cause in US culture, they symbolize an exotic culture in tropical paradise, kind of like Pocahantas. In my experience, they are also more sensual as well.

Yes, most Taiwanese people see Filipinas as low class and undesirable. And if they date abroad, they prefer Chinese and Vietnamese. You say Filipino culture is too different. I think you mean too different from Taiwanese culture. You forget that I grew up in the USA. And in that sense, it's fairly compatible, especially since it's an English speaking country.

But anyway, I've never been to China and am planning to go there next. I've never dated any Chinese girls though but am curious about it. As you may know, I'm not exactly 100 percent monogamous.

If you're in China at the same time as me, it would be nice to meet you there. But it's quite a big country, so it would depend on where we both are of course.

I appreciate your honest questions.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jake wrote:Winston, ask your father. Would he rather have a Taiwanese/Chinese grandson or a half breed Filipino one. If you want to go against your Chinaman race and culture, then that is your choice but for sure I won't as one day I will live in my homeland in China.
W: Deep down, he'd probably rather have a Taiwanese grandson. But he's not insistent on it. He just wants me to be happy and healthy.

But my son looks more Chinese than Filipino.

I've never fit into Chinese culture anyway, at least not the Taiwanese breed. In Taiwan, it's way too restrictive, closed, strict, serious, solemn, and very workaholic, etc. Like Silicon Valley, unless you're a workaholic, you really have nothing to do there except stay home of course. There's just not much fun there or open mindedness. I do not think like people there at all, who are strict conformists, narrow, straight, and do not think outside the box. They only understand simple practical things. They cannot debate an intellectual topic intelligently, but can tell you if you look more fat than before. lol

But of course, there are exceptions. I am merely speaking of the mainstream population.

I have heard that women in China are more open and friendly, but I have yet to experience that. I hope they are though.

By the way Jake, you might have a misconception that all Filipinas are dark. But if you go there, you will find that there are many who are very light skinned and white. I see them at the mall all the time. Some of them are part Chinese. You can see them on youtube too. Keyword "Filipinas".
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ladislav wrote:I guess Winston finds Filipino culture and temperament more to his liking than that of Chinese people. He has mentioned on numerous occasions how he did not seem to have much in common with them. Maybe he will change his mind later.
W: Well there are similarities in that both Chinese and Filipino cultures are practical, conformist, and most people do not think for themselves. But Filipino culture is a BILLION times more open. In Taiwan, for instance, there is a very strong restrictive VIBE and AURA that I feel everywhere, especially around women. There is not an open, free flowing, "anything goes" type of vibe that exists in Latin America, much of Europe, and Philippines of course. What this means is that I do not feel free to be myself in a closed restricted type of environment, which Taiwan is (at least by my standards). Thus, it does not bring out the best in me and the best that I am.

The type of white people that like Taiwan, I noticed, tend to be closed, strict and reserved types, which is why they resonate with the culture. After all, people who are "closed" do not consider other "closed" people to be "closed", but normal. One tends to think that the way they are is normal, but when you compare yourself to others that are different, that's when you can compare with a barometer.

In fact, Taiwanese who go to America often tell me "American people are more open" because Americans are more assertive in their communication style and the culture is more open than theirs, even though American life is isolated.

But when I say Chinese culture, I can only speak for the culture in Taiwan of course, since I have not been to Mainland China before.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jake wrote:What I read so far in other boards in this forum is Winston has problems in the Philippines, the Filipino people and his girlfriend Dianne. The first two is related to different cultures that any Chinaman would have issues and that is why most Chinamen go for women of their own kind to have children to avoid these huge differences of cultural issues.

Perhaps Winston should declare Philippines is a failure for him to live there and try to convince Dianne to give up the son to be raised in Taiwan with the help of Winston's parents. If that is not possible, then setup some kind of regular informal child support that is enough to cover the costs to raise their son in the Philippines until his son is of age to work(at least beyond junior high which maybe 15 or 16?); then Winston can be on his way to live in Taiwan or better yet, live in China and work as an English teacher or do other things to make a living or open up a business. Also he can find a new Mainland girlfriend or possibly a wife to have another kid. In the meanwhile, he can always visit his son anytime during Winston's free time. Or maybe Winston can raise him when the son gets older as son when they are younger needs the mother's nurturing but when the son gets older, they need the father's discipline and guidance to become a man.

By the way, in China, one does not have to be totally monogamous as long as you are discreet. If one have a wife, or live in girlfriend with children, one can secretly see other women in the form of other girlfriends, mistresses or if your rich enough, more unofficial "wives" with their own households. I know quite a number of Chinamen that does that. One Shanghainese man has a family home with a big house, a wife, and a son in Hangzhou which is a commuting distance from Shanghai but he also has an apartment in Shanghai with a mistress. On weekdays from Mondays to Thursdays, he stays in his Shanghai apartment banging that mistress. In the weekends, he stays in the family house seeing his wife and kids.

I miss being in China picking up chicks anywhere, going to KTVs, massage places or "barber shops" with butterfly symbols on it, or just picking up chicks in any fast food like KFC. :lol:
W: Jake, I think your views above are a bit distorted. Yes I have problems, but so does EVERYONE ELSE in the world! Problems are a part of life. But I never said that the problems were insurmountable. I'm still happy in the Philippines. I can get laid anytime I want, even THREE TIMES a day if I want (though I don't have that kind of energy). I love that. I certainly can't get that in the US or Taiwan, where I could easily go for years and NEVER even have one opportunity to get sex. That sucks big time.

Plus, like I said, the culture in the Philippines and society is more open, fun, lively, and relaxed. That fits my vibe and personality and aura, more than the highly restrictive stern rigid vibe of Taiwanese society.

As for China, I can't say, so I plan to try it out someday.

As to cultural differences, I think Ladislav said long ago that my clashes with Dianne were CLASS differences, not cultural differences. It's a conflict between the values of the low peasant class and the middle class.

What's your take on that Jake?

You can't expect a mother to give up her child to you. She'd rather die. That's totally unrealistic.

But yeah, I am looking at the possibility of living in China or another country, while supporting my kid. It's something I'm considering. But it'd have to be a country where I can meet girls easily though, as I hate it when girls are all stuck up or reserved around me and there's nothing I can do about it.

If I do go to China though, I guess you can advise me, since you seem to be familiar with its culture.

Can you tell us about picking up girls in China? Do they talk to strangers easily?

How expensive are the KTV's and massage parlors?

What do you know about Guangdong province (the one right next to Hong Kong)? Is it a good place to live or meet women or have nightlife?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

swincor wrote:
WWu777 wrote:
But yeah, I am looking at the possibility of living in China or another country, while supporting my kid. It's something I'm considering.

Of course you're considering it. And very likely you're going to do it. Glad to know you came round in the end to taking my advice which, of course, was the best solution to get out of the disastrous family situation you foolishly created for yourself.

You should be glad there were people like me offering you a helping hand in the form of smart, practical advice.
W: Are you looking for commendations and compliments? lol Ok fine then. But let's be clear about something. The reason I'm looking at China as a possible place to live and scope out, is NOT because I'm not happy in the Philippines or I am tired of Dianne or my child. It's only for a change of venue since I've been in the Philippines for two years. I still love being in the Philippines. It's like sex paradise there. And I love being with Dianne and my baby.

I just like to expand my horizons and explore other worlds (especially if girls are easy to meet there :)) That's what a perpetual traveler does. It's not to "get away" from something. Understand that.