New level of phoniness

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

New level of phoniness

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Why do Americans do the "eh-hem-hem-hem" clearing throat side like this [after they have a discussion]? It's like they were telling a lie in the first place.
See MP3 link----> http://www.4shared.com/mp3/52WmoTplba/M ... acade.html

This phenomenon has begun in the last few years.

I can sound "White" when I speak for a prolonged period of time, and I hardly if ever do that pretentious "eh-hem-hem-hem" clearing of the throat.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Robert77
Freshman Poster

Post by Robert77 »

lol it probably comes from the fact that in america you HAVE to be nice to people even if u don't mean to or want to.... maybe folks do this without being aware showing their true feelings "body language speaks more than words" (i also n noticed americans tend to greet others like "OMGGGGGGG HOW ARE YOUUUUUUU!!!!!) but in reality they don't really care about seeing you.
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

I have never encountered that, but if I were to venture a guess, it could be simply releasing nervous tension or legitimately clearing their throats.

I would not read too much into it.