Another blog seems to reconfirm Winston...

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
SNS
Freshman Poster

Another blog seems to reconfirm Winston...

Post by SNS »

This excerpt came from another blogger, and both these guys would probably be criticizing Winston for being a loser and everything else they could think of. But the revelations in the below passage are that what Winston has been saying for several years now. Winston, I may not agree with everything you say or do, but I do think that in certain ways you are ahead of others.

So without further adeu:
"
88 Marc
3 days, 5 hours ago

Great post. Makes me want to have brew with you and soak this in some more. I quit my corporate gig right after I got my Y2K bonus and was banking on the stock market bubble. Six months later I was living in Spain. My initial trip was for 8 weeks, but I stayed for a year. A year later I knew I could never go back to a job like that again (the high paid, lots of hours kind). I felt like I broke out of the matrix and realized that lots of other countries were living it up so much better than we Americans. I tried to break some of my friends out of the matrix, but there were no takers. Its hard to convert people who have been institutionalized for so long. Lots of people I worked with would say, “Oh, I wish I could do that.� Most of them young and single. I would tell them you can, but you can’t do it while paying for that BMW in the driveway at the same time. After a sigh, they would all choose the BMW.

I realize a lot of Americans don’t like hearing that America is not so great in some ways. America is the greatest country in many ways that matter… if you happen to be a country. I grew up comfortable in the knowledge that we had the largest most technically advanced economy, that we had the most powerful military, that we had the best universities, the best hospitals, most material wealth, best movies and TV, and the hottest women, etc, etc, ad nauseum (poor me, I was so naive). After living abroad and over time realizing what I had been missing, but not knowing what to with my life; I had a hard time coming to grips with realization that my wealthy American lifestyle was so lacking compared to my materially humble lifestyle in various other countries. All those great stats that show the USA is #1 just did not translate into a better quality of life for me or most other people, as far as I could tell. It wasn’t an easy transformation. At first I had major TV and junk food withdrawals for months. The side benefit was I literally walked my ass off and lost 3 inches in my jeans. My social life and sex life elevated to a level that is basically unobtainable within the US. Throw on top all I learned and all the great friends I made, there was no way I could just go home and plug back in again.

How could I have been so blind for so long? I was totally indoctrinated by American culture and values that I had grown up with. I saw 2 movies abroad that I skipped in ’90s because I was too busy poring over RFCs for my job while Seinfeld and Friends played in the background. They were Fight Club and Office Space. Ironically two American movies in English in a non-English speaking country. They resonated with me all the more since they validated and put into words the path I had already started.

When I got home after that first trip I noticed a few things. First, how fat everyone was. Seriously, it took me two weeks to cope with that alone. The other thing was how bland and unfulfilling life in America was. And I’m still not over that. I now felt like a foreigner in my own country. I had changed and had experiences that just would not permit me to integrate back into American society to the way I was before. It’s why I no longer live full time in America any more. I have no idea if this is how returning troops feel when they return, but I’m slightly different now and feel slightly foreign and just not being able to connect with friends at home the same as before. This is actually a pretty shitty feeling, but who knew it would happen?

I’ve had the conversation so many times with my stateside compatriots, even the ones I grew up with who have taken the obligatory packaged vacations abroad. It’s like discussing sex with a eunuch. If you haven’t experienced significant time abroad… enough time to look back at America from very different vantage points, you are just not going to understand what some people in this thread already know.

89 Roosh
3 days, 2 hours ago

Great story Marc.

“I now felt like a foreigner in my own country. I had changed and had experiences that just would not permit me to integrate back into American society to the way I was before.�

This is what I’m afraid you. Enough time abroad and you’re permanently changed."
puresalvation
Freshman Poster

Post by puresalvation »

Just goes to prove that money is not the begin all and end of all in this world.

This guy should go back to the country of which he visited and live there. He'd be alot better off indeed.

Great article, just proves my point as well.

Thanks for putting this up here.

Regards.

Pure.
Just find me a proper broardminded Dominant Russian or East European woman lol!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Can you post the links to those blogs and articles?

And why would they call me a loser? They sound like they are agreeing with me?

Btw, you should tell that Marc guy about our forum and invite him to post his experiences here.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
gits
Freshman Poster

Red Pill

Post by gits »

They quickly write you off as a loser because they don't want to accept they are in denial.
They don't want to know what happens if they go redpill. they feel safer connected to the matrix.