This forum will be dead by early 2015

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Re: This forum will be dead by early 2015

Post by abcdavid01 »

Yeah, I know enough about the web to see that Winston's still probably doing very well and it looks to remain that way. What's important here is that the soul of the forum is dying. Nothing to do with traffic, everything to do with quality. Too many good posters leaving in a very short time frame. Others not posting nearly as often, myself included. It's a shame you didn't join a year earlier Marcos. Last one on a sinking ship it seems. If all that matters is money, leave it be. If the goal here is a healthy online community then reform is necessary. So which is it?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster

Post by Paloaltoguy »

:)
Last edited by Paloaltoguy on December 4th, 2014, 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Guts Over Fear
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

wacavid01 wrote:Yeah, I know enough about the web to see that Winston's still probably doing very well and it looks to remain that way. What's important here is that the soul of the forum is dying. Nothing to do with traffic, everything to do with quality. Too many good posters leaving in a very short time frame. Others not posting nearly as often, myself included. It's a shame you didn't join a year earlier Marcos. Last one on a sinking shippers it seems. If all that matters is money, leave it be. If the goal here is a healthy online community then reform is necessary. So which is it?
I have reduced my posts and no longer tend to post original material. Anything of substance is immediately mobbed by the tin foil hat mob, total whack jobs or
Lunatics like anatroll.
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster

Post by Paloaltoguy »

:roll:
Last edited by Paloaltoguy on December 4th, 2014, 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guts Over Fear
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 4th, 2020, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster

Post by Paloaltoguy »

You silly people

Last edited by Paloaltoguy on December 4th, 2014, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guts Over Fear
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
Winston wrote:I just banned anatol for a week.
Good. Thank you very much. Now ban PAG or make Jester a mod and have him done it. You yourself suggested him as a good mod and a lot of people agreed, including me.
Winston wrote:How do you define a troll?
Now I dont know who died and made Jester this sort of savior when it comes to moderation....Jester absolutely should not be a moderator on these forums.....Winston should not consult with an left win loon like Marcos on who should be a modertor, but it should be under his own volition.....
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Anyone remember "AmericanWomenSuck.com"? That was a kick-ass forum about 10 years ago, but eventually all of the interesting posters went away and it died with a whimper, not a bang. So yes, I believe the same could happen here. Seems like I can't post anymore without getting flamed by a bunch of weirdos.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I don't think this HA Forum will be dead soon, as there are always newcomers, plenty of young men, who have problems with Western women.
There is also no shortage of older men, who were badly treated and financially ruined by their ex-wives.
Who does not like in such a situation to get some information about women from abroad?

However I agree it would be good for this HA-Forum to erase various comments and some entire threads which contain nothing but merely troll-style BS-talk. For sure, this would help to improve the image of this forum.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Paloaltoguy wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:
Paloaltoguy wrote:
MrPeabody wrote:This forum won't die because of the network effect. Everyone goes to the sites with a high google ranking and most of the rest of the Internet is ignored. It seems that a forum can continue with garbage content and trolls forever. Look at craiglist. It's even worse. My question is once a website achieves a google ranking, how does it every die?
Yes it will. One change to Google ranking algorithm and he's gone... Unlike Craig's list which is a standalone product, all of his traffic comes from Google searches. People read a few lines and then click X or click on something else that catches their eye... like ads for women.

thats how i got wiped out in 2012 when google slapped my sites so i lost most of my search traffic. I changed tactics now (and what i promoted) and dont really rely on google. Recurring members helps a bit but only up to a certain point. If you rely on google for all your new members and you lose that rank then you will bleed members quickly unless the initial members come back at a higher rate than your bleed loss but im not sure winston has enough repeat visitors right now that would offset a google loss.
That algorithm change back in 2012 destroyed tons of content mills. The next change will eliminate 'hate' sites.
How do you know this? Google's algorithms are not public information and plus this site is not technically a hate site. How do you have any inside knowledge? What makes you credible when you b.s. a lot and have nothing to prove your claims?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hero wrote:Anyone remember "AmericanWomenSuck.com"? That was a kick-ass forum about 10 years ago, but eventually all of the interesting posters went away and it died with a whimper, not a bang. So yes, I believe the same could happen here. Seems like I can't post anymore without getting flamed by a bunch of weirdos.
The reason that site went down is because everyone was banned, including me, and the owner, Chris, took it down and changed it to ghost nation.

But we are nothing like that. I ban very few people whereas Chris banned everyone and was a nutcase. So you can't compare us with them.

This site exists because of destiny. Higher forces want our message sent out into the world so to help save men who are suffering and losing it.

There is a war in the heavens and there are forces of light and goodness too. Everything has an opposite to counter it. So the dark forces do not have free reign.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yohan wrote:I don't think this HA Forum will be dead soon, as there are always newcomers, plenty of young men, who have problems with Western women.
There is also no shortage of older men, who were badly treated and financially ruined by their ex-wives.
Who does not like in such a situation to get some information about women from abroad?

However I agree it would be good for this HA-Forum to erase various comments and some entire threads which contain nothing but merely troll-style BS-talk. For sure, this would help to improve the image of this forum.
True. But that's assuming everything remains the same. We have no control over what Google does or what the US government does or what the illuminati and NSA does, etc if they decide we are a threat to them.

The bad threads are already pushed down into the archives and will not be seen by new members. So no worries there.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston, you are under pressure to do precisely what other anti-establishment sites did to destroy themselves. This has been a long time coming and very cleverly orchestrated. For once your default strategy to life is the right one - do nothing. The problems will sort themselves out if only you don't cave in and do stupid stuff.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

The wrote:Now I dont know who died and made Jester this sort of savior when it comes to moderation....Jester absolutely should not be a moderator on these forums...
Could you explain to us, in a few more words, why Jester should not be a moderator? It seems to me like the only reason you are opposed to the idea is because you are afraid he might some day ban you for being a troll. :roll:
The wrote:Winston should not consult with an left win loon like Marcos on who should be a modertor, but it should be under his own volition.....
What makes you think I'm left wing? I am a moderate on some issues, a conservative on others. Overall I'd say I'm relatively down to earth. Care to elaborate? You make a lot of bold statements but without any substance.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
lasttry wrote:What all these forums really need is what they used to call a "twit filter" back in the NNTP/Usenet days. What that means is you can specify users whose posts you don't want to ever see. Those users won't be banned from the forum, but the things they post will be invisible to the people who twit filter them (unless other users quote these twits in their replies).
The ignore option already exists, but I don't like it: new members or potential member visitors would still see the bullshit and troll posts and it would make the forums look bad. And when quoted the troll posts would still show up, but discussions would look weird as a result of it. Troublesome members are best off having their posting priviliges (permanently) revoked, IMO.
I agree.

Winston always touts the "ignore' option as the solution, but it isn;t. Worst of all, you still see the "ignored" troll's handle on the index. So you still have to decide if you want to visit the thread or not.

Don't ignore. Eject.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."