El Paso, Texas - Take 9

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

El Paso, Texas - Take 9

Post by MattHanson1990 »

13 hours ago I returned from my 9th trip to El Paso, and going down there was quite an experience. Originally, I was supposed to have driven a rental car down there and back; however, the car I reserved had safety issues reported and needed to undergo maintenance, and the other car, a Toyota Prius, was already reserved by someone else. So in response, I purchased Greyhound tickets and went down to El Paso and back on Greyhound. My experience with Greyhound was different than what a lot of people experienced. The buses ran almost if not exactly on time and not hours late, and they were also clean. Anyways, here's one of the experiences I wanted to point out. Between Las Cruces and El Paso, a 29 year old woman, Mary, asks to borrow my phone to call a family member and I lend her my phone, and then afterwards I strike up a conversation with her. She was going to Houston and had a nine-hour layover in El Paso before boarding the bus bound for Houston. Mary is the more old-fashioned AW since she is down to earth; she is divorced with 5 kids, but other people adopted them. Much of the conversation, she and I discussed how screwed up America is, and she even said exactly the same things Winston said regarding the social culture, feminism, and the dating scene. She told me to follow what my heart says to do and not try to live the American Dream. Mary was originally from the coastal part of North Carolina, which says a lot about why most of the girls she met there were stuck up; she was bullied a lot during her teen years because she could not fit in. When she moved to inland parts of the country including New Mexico, she noticed the inland folks were more down to earth compared to coastal America; the folks being down to earth is why she fell in love with New Mexico. And when the bus arrived in El Paso, I asked for her contact information, and she gave me her Facebook information since she doesn't have a phone. The conversation I had with Mary inspired me to become a MGHOW and just follow my heart. It's better to be single than it is to date a mainstream AW; Mary said that I would want to date someone because of who I am, not because I have a lot of money. Since Mary removed herself from the mainstream US culture, she is someone I would refer to as an AWGHOW (American Woman Going Her Own Way).

I was in El Paso for almost 12 hours and met with my friends at UTEP. We had a small gig midday, and then I joined another gig just after 4 in the afternoon. One of the girls l I met last month went to both gigs; and when the second gig was over and it was just me and her in one of the practice rooms at the Fox Fine Arts building, she asked me if I wanted to hang out with her and I said yes. So she and I walked to the student union to hang out, and it was pretty much empty as it was just after 6 pm. So she and I had lively conversations together, and boy did they flow naturally. I personally feel that she and I became close friends within a short time span. And this says a lot about how fschmidt is right about El Paso being the least American city in the US.
Last edited by MattHanson1990 on November 7th, 2014, 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: El Paso, Texas - Take 9

Post by Cornfed »

MattHanson1990 wrote: Mary is the more old-fashioned AW since she is down to earth; she is divorced with 5 kids, but other people adopted them.
Say what? There seems to be some contradiction here if you look hard enough for it.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Cornfed wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote: Mary is the more old-fashioned AW since she is down to earth; she is divorced with 5 kids, but other people adopted them.
Say what? There seems to be some contradiction here if you look hard enough for it.
The contradiction is because of the semi-colon. However, I wanted to point out that because her 5 kids have already been adopted by other people, she isn't technically a single mom. Also, unlike most decent AW, she is not taken.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

MattHanson1990 wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
The contradiction is because of the semi-colon. However, I wanted to point out that because her 5 kids have already been adopted by other people, she isn't technically a single mom. Also, unlike most decent AW, she is not taken.
She still has five kids, whether she's a mom or not. The only way I'd let this woman thoroughly off-the-hook is if she were a surrogate mother and/or a widow. Other than that, focus on that Tejana that you hit it off with at the empty student union hall. I'm glad LPTX is what F. Schmidt says to be. It was easy to talk to people in Spanish there....especially at the Santa Fe Border Crossing. The only person that was kind of a "meh" was a Hispanic/Mexican dude asking me to drop 30 cents (I think it was when I had gone there in Dec 2013) in before walking into Mexico from the US side.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
She still has five kids, whether she's a mom or not. The only way I'd let this woman thoroughly off-the-hook is if she were a surrogate mother and/or a widow. Other than that, focus on that Tejana that you hit it off with at the empty student union hall. I'm glad LPTX is what F. Schmidt says to be. It was easy to talk to people in Spanish there....especially at the Santa Fe Border Crossing. The only person that was kind of a "meh" was a Hispanic/Mexican dude asking me to drop 30 cents (I think it was when I had gone there in Dec 2013) in before walking into Mexico from the US side.
The refreshing thing about El Paso is that the women I met seemed more laid back.
Last edited by MattHanson1990 on August 1st, 2017, 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

My theory is that unlike most other US cities, single women outnumber single men in El Paso
lol before you were done typing such disclosure, the tidal wave of chumps already started heading there, like a mob of zombies ready to ruin the ratio in an instant
:lol:
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

droid wrote:
My theory is that unlike most other US cities, single women outnumber single men in El Paso
lol before you were done typing such disclosure, the tidal wave of chumps already started heading there, like a mob of zombies ready to ruin the ratio in an instant
:lol:
El Paso gals have treated me better than the ones in ABQNM (Albuquerque).
Last edited by MattHanson1990 on August 1st, 2017, 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

MattHanson1990 wrote:Also, Winston told me that numbers aren't everything when I posted a comment about how America is like China because of the shortage of women
Winston hasn't been to China, so he's kind of disqualified on this respect (i wrote this on purpose to push him in that direction lol :mrgreen: ). There is no shortage of women in China's cities, or at least where i visited.
he said that what matters more than the ratios is if the women are decent or not
I rebut by saying that women are decent or not depending on the ratios, it's the other way around. This goes in proportion to the attention they get, and the quality of the men giving such attention.
This is my main stand on this whole subject.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

droid wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote:Also, Winston told me that numbers aren't everything when I posted a comment about how America is like China because of the shortage of women
Winston hasn't been to China, so he's kind of disqualified on this respect (i wrote this on purpose to push him in that direction lol :mrgreen: ). There is no shortage of women in China's cities, or at least where i visited.
he said that what matters more than the ratios is if the women are decent or not
I rebut by saying that women are decent or not depending on the ratios, it's the other way around. This goes in proportion to the attention they get, and the quality of the men giving such attention.
This is my main stand on this whole subject.
From my knowledge, the single men to single women ratio in El Paso is either even or reversed from most other US cities. Many of the Mexican girls I met there were decent, especially that one girl who asked me to hang out with her after worship practice was over. I went down to El Paso the following Wednesday, she and I hung out in the union for a while again, and she even gave me a Mexican candy. Boy did the candy she gave me taste much better than candy produced in the US like Milky Way, Reese's, Kit Kat, etc.