Are Women Property?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Are Women Property?

Post by Traveler »

They clearly were considered to be property in ancient times. If you wanted to marry a woman then you had to pay the bride price to her father. For example:

"Exodus 20 & 21: This is perhaps the most misogynistic pair of chapters in the Bible. A number of verses describe a woman as the property of her father. At marriage, her ownership was transferred to her new husband:"
http://www.religioustolerance.org/ofe_bibl.htm

If women object to being considered property then why do they still want the benefits of being owned? They still want a man to financially provide for them. In the case of alimony, women can still retain the advantages of being owned but none of the disadvantages.
Luc Furr
Freshman Poster

Re: Are Women Property?

Post by Luc Furr »

It is simple, women are a part of mankind and mankind's greed knows no bounds. People will take as much as they can even betraying the very hand the feeds them in order to get more for themselves in the short term. We have seen results of greed play out to catastrophic effect time and time again.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Luc Furr wrote:
It is simple, women are a part of mankind and mankind's greed knows no bounds. People will take as much as they can even betraying the very hand the feeds them in order to get more for themselves in the short term.
True.

Not just for women.

Employees, for example, know they are employees, but feel free to shirk if the employer mistreats them. But they still expect to get a paycheck,

Women know damn well they belong to the man, hence they want that ring, and provision, and your name, and to be front and center at every gathering of your relatives. But they don't want to submit, usually, except as forced to by desire or through your clearly exercised authority.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I do not think, Western women are 'property' - most Western women however consider men as their property, same with children, they also consider the income and savings of their husband/boyfriend as their property as well.

What about asking yourself, if MEN are property? That's more realistic - Feminism makes it possible...
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 28th, 2020, 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

More than likely man has it all wrong and he is the property of her, the first bacteria on this planet is ASEXUAL and that is considered by many female. This does not apply to spirits such as Ghost however. :shock:
Time to Hide!
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

It's threads like these that really make HA look like Returns of Kings' retarded cousin.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

Are women property?
Yes.
Luc Furr
Freshman Poster

Post by Luc Furr »

Moretorque wrote:More than likely man has it all wrong and he is the property of her, the first bacteria on this planet is ASEXUAL and that is considered by many female. This does not apply to spirits such as Ghost however. :shock:
yes simple life forms often rely on asexual reproduction, yet complex life does not.
Signet
Freshman Poster

Post by Signet »

publicduende wrote:It's threads like these that really make HA look like Returns of Kings' retarded cousin.
We need a topic on lifting that gives contradictory advice you can easy get off google, and a pointlessly deep analysis of some pop culture minutiae that nobody cares about or has probably ever even heard of prior to it being mentioned. But I agree.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

No, they're not. Let me ask you all something: What would you think of a guy that literally dug up a date? Yeah, I mean at a cemetary & everything that implies. It's f***ed-up, right? I don't see a massive amount of difference between someone with those tastes & someone that wants to totally "operate" a woman. It's erosion by supplantation.

Some women are very one-sided in relationships & maybe they should be cut off, but that doesn't mean that the guy should look at that as her signing away personal discretion. If she's a constant pain in the ass, just ditch! I get that divorce laws are a problem, but she couldn't take half a man's shit that she didn't help him build & continue to get supported by the guy she's not married to without help. I think it has a lot to do with people going with the law & being non-antagonistic to the people that put it into practice, regardless of what that actually amounts to.

Chris Rock had said in one of his shows that if a someone goes to a restuarant, they're eating. When they leave that restuarant, they're not eating anymore. They don't owe that person a steak! Isn't it telling that the judicial personnel don't have the same insight? Or maybe they do SEE it that way, but don't ACT that way?
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I think that, on some level, women want to be property, as long as they're owned by a good and strong man. Honestly, they'd be a lot happier in such a relationship.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Hero wrote:I think that, on some level, women want to be property, as long as they're owned by a good and strong man
What is the definition of a 'good and strong man'? - Is this about his wallet or about what?
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Yohan wrote:
Hero wrote:I think that, on some level, women want to be property, as long as they're owned by a good and strong man
What is the definition of a 'good and strong man'? - Is this about his wallet or about what?
A good and strong man is a leader. He's willing to take charge and make decisions. He doesn't cave in to his wife's nagging and whining.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Luc Furr wrote:
Moretorque wrote:More than likely man has it all wrong and he is the property of her, the first bacteria on this planet is ASEXUAL and that is considered by many female. This does not apply to spirits such as Ghost however. :shock:
yes simple life forms often rely on asexual reproduction, yet complex life does not.
I don't think you may understand the point, the ASexual is mother and when she created sex that is when he showed up.
Time to Hide!