OK so what's really the deal with FSU women?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
vlad
Freshman Poster

OK so what's really the deal with FSU women?

Post by vlad »

I've been looking at some of these threads and reading some really negative things about how they're gold diggers and the divorce rate is higher than the US.

White women are number one on my list so eastern Europe would be nice but reading this is pushing me more towards Asian women. Are all these European girls on dating sites talking about how they want a family and marriage just scammers? I'm 23 and would move there to go to college and probably teach English after do I have a chance? Seems kind of risky when there are Asian countries that would be a sure thing for me.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Re: OK so what's really the deal with FSU women?

Post by xiongmao »

Asia is by no means a sure thing - the divorce rate in Thailand and China is sky high.

I know a British guy with a Ukrainian gf, she is very nice and is probably appreciating a nice guy after her turbulent past in the Ukraine.

The best thing is get a teaching qualification then go check some different countries out.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
vlad
Freshman Poster

Re: OK so what's really the deal with FSU women?

Post by vlad »

xiongmao wrote:Asia is by no means a sure thing - the divorce rate in Thailand and China is sky high.

I know a British guy with a Ukrainian gf, she is very nice and is probably appreciating a nice guy after her turbulent past in the Ukraine.

The best thing is get a teaching qualification then go check some different countries out.

I was thinking more along the lines of Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia. I have heard a lot of bad things about Thai and Chinese women. As of now I'm going to the Philippines unless something changes my mind.

This is the thread that really changed my mind, and Winston's post about divorce rates, seem like a pretty big gamble. It would be nice to hear from people who have spent time there and dated/know women in other FSU countries in not just Russia and Ukraine but Romania, Serbia, Bulgaria too. I know Winston talks about how much friendlier Russian women are compared to American women but really who cares? Especially if its not going anywhere, that's a waste of time.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22810