Winston in China! Updates and Photos

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Winston is in China now! Updates and Reports

Post by Winston »

MarcosZeitola wrote:So how are things going between you and your free-thinking artist girlfriend, Winston? Is this the official end of your Chinese lovequest?
It's going great. We have great chemistry. She is waiting for me in Dongguan. We have plans to travel together when I come back. I said I was coming back remember? Why do you ask that? :P

Btw, she read this thread and what I said about her, and your responses, and found it all funny and amusing how silly you guys act. lol

See how open minded she is? :)
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here's what my dad said about the tall girl at the train station saying that I am still handsome:

"Believe her. You are handsome. Don't believe any other comments that try to put you down. Your kind and soft eyes, straight high nose, small mouth, they are all in the right synchronized places. Many will agree that. Remember the Owners at the New Pei King restaurant also say that you are handsome? We gave you a handsome face. You need to take good care of that. You just need to make your face smaller by losing some weight and do not take your face photo too close to camera that magnifying your face.

She is pretty and looks smart. What has happened to the girl you met at McDonald's? Any next?

Correction, I used the wrong word. What I meant to say is your eyes, nose, mouth are in symmetrical good proportion. Sorry. Sometimes your smiles are too tense. Just relax, smile and nature."

Btw that tall girl from the train station took me bike ride last night along the zhuhai seaside. The view was nice and romantic. We rode a two person bike where you pedal side by side. How cute. Lol.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

You won't believe this. But here in Zhuhai, China, on almost every mediocre public street, hot girls with hot legs are walking by almost every second! It's insane. I've never seen so many hot girls in one place on almost every public street, even the most drab streets. Dang! It's surreal.

Even in Shenzhen, where there are many hot girls too, you do not see one walk by every second like you do here. It's overwhelming to see a hot babe walk by every second. It makes it hard to concentrate on anything else. Even when you go out to buy a snack at a convenience store, you can't do so without being mesmerized and tempted to cold approach when you see attractive girls walk by every second.

I don't know how Chinese men can ignore all this eye candy like it's nothing special and just go about their business without being mesmerized like I am. I don't get it.

chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Winston,

No need to be rude..it's innocent question. I remember from your earlier post that you did correspond with your father but I wasn't sure how open your dad is to your life style. I mean you did make a post about how conservative your family is.
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=9071&hilit=parents
Winston wrote:Why are people in my family so conservative, square and boring? Do any of you have families like that?

Most of my relatives do not usually go out for fun or adventure. They only go out to do errands. If they are not at home, then they are not at work. It's like they don't believe in enjoying life. They have no interest in trying new things or places, or in having new experiences. My parents especially are like that. Whenever we go somewhere together, they are totally repressed against whatever I want to do. It's like their "current" flows against mine. .
I'm fellow asian guy and I can tell you my parents are very conservative actually my whole family is so if I tried to lived your life style it wouldn't be supportive. Big part of the reason why countries like Taiwan , South Korea , and Japan is like that is they have that conformist mentality. I think you also will see this in CHina but China is a big country so it maybe different.

Anyway you probably flame me again..but I have to add one thing. If girls in China think your hot I probably be a God in China..

Regarding your son...I know I'm hijacking this thread but you have to ask yourself a big part of the reason why you could travel and live the lifestyle you have is that your parents raise you in the states which I think gave you the opportunity to discover other countries and culture. I mean he is your son and it's your decision but wouldn't the Philippines be a limited place for him regarding education and opportunities?
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Winston,

Regarding the hot girls in China..Chinese guys are probably used to it. They take it for granted ..I seen this in South korea too
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

chanta76 wrote:Regarding your son...I know I'm hijacking this thread but you have to ask yourself a big part of the reason why you could travel and live the lifestyle you have is that your parents raise you in the states which I think gave you the opportunity to discover other countries and culture. I mean he is your son and it's your decision but wouldn't the Philippines be a limited place for him regarding education and opportunities?
It's possible for Winston to give his son US citizenship yet let him remain in the Philippines with his mother. Why not have your cake and eat it too, when you can? This would allow the boy to have the opportunity to go to the US, but whether or not to make use of that opportunity later on will be his choice.

My daughter has dual citizenship, so she could easily go to the West if she so desired as an adult. So could the rest of my future children, each of whom I intend to give dual citizenship. You can follow primary education and high school in the Philippines just fine, same with higher education. I would not go as far as to say that the educational system in the US or other Western countries is superior by default; that would be too simple. Any bright kid can excel, whether it be in the States, Uganda or the Philippines.

I hope Winston will find ways to be more present in his sons life, even now that he has found love with a Chinese woman. That's ultimately what matters: him being present, and actively serving as a father figure and an example to his growing son. Bringing Angelo to America is not necessarily going to be beneficial to him. From what I know, it's probably better to be Asian or half-Asian in Asia then it is to be of Asian ancestry in the Western world.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Chanta76,
Yes of course my parents are conservative. But conservative people are not all the same. They are not all closed minded or narrow minded or strict. It's not like I'm committing crimes or involved in gay rights or getting tattoos. Sheesh. I'm just traveling and enjoying life as a nonconformist freethinker. Not all conservative people are against that. Besides, conservative people appreciate how sincere and down-to-earth I am because they are genuine themselves.

My parents gave up long ago on expecting me to be a stable person with a stable career like Asian Americans are supposed to be. They accepted that I'm a nonconformist long ago because they realized they had no choice and could not make me to be something I'm not. But I'm sure they appreciate that I've started this movement, helped many people, make a living off it and have a lot of unique accomplishments that other people don't have.

Remember that if you just get a normal stable job and live a normal life, history will NEVER remember you. All the great people that history remembers have dared to be different and did not just have a normal job and normal life. Some were not recognized until after they lived. But you get the point. No one who just holds a stable normal job ever gets remembered in history. I've helped them to understand that and see the big picture.

So in a sense, I've broadened my parents mind to see the bigger picture and have deeper views. I've also shown my parents many great videos on conspiracies and the paranormal, which have broadened and opened their minds as well. So they are not the typical conformist narrow Asian parents.

Besides, my parents are Buddhists and Buddhism teaches people not to be materialistic or overly judgmental. So they are not materialistic anyway. As we all know, people who are non-materialistic are more open minded than those who are materialistic.

Finally, even my conservative relatives appreciated this important article I wrote about awakening your mind, which I paid a girl to translate into Chinese. I printed out the Chinese version and handed copies to them. They said it was impressive and remarkable, because very few people can write such a thing, and such freethinking views have not entered Taiwan yet. See below. They were in awe. So you see, even conservative people can appreciate such things.

Chinese version:
http://www.happierabroad.com/Awakening-Chinese.htm

English version:
http://www.happierabroad.com/Awakening.htm

MarcosZeitola,
I just addressed that topic here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18096&p=224886#p224886

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

My new girl in dongguan has some great observations about my forum after reading topics all night. When I asked her if she liked how open we are about taboo topics, She said:

"Yes I do.Your forum is people's paradise where they can come back to nature instinctly

You should believe that you are the happiest class around the world.You're free people succeed in self-fulfillment.You can do everything whatever you like now."

So you see, she is understanding and supportive of our movement and sees this forum as a free domain where we can be our natural selves without censorship. So her observation is spot on. Not many girls can appreciate that.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I'm in Macau now at the venetian hotel. I was at the galaxy hotel earlier. There was an impressive show of lights and crystals there. The venetian hotel here is just like the one in Las Vegas. It wasn't worth coming to. But the classical music is nice to listen to.

I'm flying to Taiwan from here. I took the free shuttle here from the border and can take a free shuttle to the airport from here too. So I can tour around without spending any money. Lol. There are free shuttles everywhere. The area is so clean and modern and luxurious.

Two prostitutes talked to me earlier. One was friendly but the other became cold when I said I was just passing through.

I'm at a cafe trying out the famous egg tarts here. Talk to you all later.

smallcheese
Freshman Poster

Post by smallcheese »

Winston wrote:Hi all,
I'm in Macau now at the venetian hotel. I was at the galaxy hotel earlier. There was an impressive show of lights and crystals there. The venetian hotel here is just like the one in Las Vegas. It wasn't worth coming to. But the classical music is nice to listen to.

I'm flying to Taiwan from here. I took the free shuttle here from the border and can take a free shuttle to the airport from here too. So I can tour around without spending any money. Lol. There are free shuttles everywhere. The area is so clean and modern and luxurious.

Two prostitutes talked to me earlier. One was friendly but the other became cold when I said I was just passing through.

I'm at a cafe trying out the famous egg tarts here. Talk to you all later.
Yeah if you were in the Vegas version, then the Venetian in Macau is almost exactly the same. There are pros hanging around the gambling areas in the Venetian. Just look for the women with the little purses and by themselves. If you're Asian, they will proposition you directly in Mandarin. They usually have a room upstairs in the Venetian, which they share with other women.

You might like City of Dreams across the street from Venetian. Or take a look at the Sheraton and the other hotels there.

The great thing about Macau is that you can get free shuttles from any of the hotels to the airport or ferry terminal or to the Zhuhai border crossing.

If you're in the old part of Macau, go to the basement of Hotel Lisboa and watch all the hookers walk by you. They will definitely look at you and proposition you if you look back. Check out the lobby of Grand Lisboa if you want to see some gigantic pieces of jade, gold and other treasures. Margaret's Café with its world famous egg tarts is one block away from Grand Lisboa.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Thanks smallcheese. But I was only in Macau for the evening to wait for my flight at the airport. I didn't have time to visit the historic part or the grand lisboa. Maybe another time. I got a free shuttle from the border to galaxy and then another free shuttle from galaxy to the airport.

Btw, I didn't think the egg tarts in Macau were anything special. They tasted just like ordinary egg tarts. They burned the inside of my mouth too, because I ate them fresh off the oven when they were steaming hot, because I was in a rush to hurry and get back to the Galaxy so I could go to the airport.

Also when i walked from Zhuhai to Macau, there was no 20 minute walk like you said. I just went into the gongbei port building and after the immigration line when i came out the other side of the building I was already in Macau with free shuttle buses waiting.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I just showed the two interviews I did with rock to my chinese girlfriend in dongguan. Here's her response. It's so true huh?

"Just take full advantage of your resource which America gifted with,such as enough money,visa which can go every corner around the world and a superior nationality background .All of them are enough to support you a happy life.But you have to take action at least.only stay there with mouth of complaint works nothing."

See isn't she smart? The way she expresses herself in English is so cute too. Lol.

WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Winston,
you've gone silent. Are you still in China? Still single or did you find your Chinese bride?
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Winston, I really have to thank you for this wonderful trip report.

I've tried dating in Dongguan, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, or Hong Kong. I've only done so in the backwoods of Guizhou and Yunnan provinces deep in the mountainous interior of Southwest China. Dating those ladies would be more like dating Vietnamese women. They are completely different from coastal Chinese women, who are sort of their own breed, not quite comparable to Taiwanese women or interior Chinese women either.

Perhaps you can introduce me to one of those ladies too? I've had such wonderful conversations with them last time we chatted them up.
Depswa7
Freshman Poster

Post by Depswa7 »

American/French citizens can NOT enter on a border visa. Even though America buys billions of dollars worth of their inferior products you'll need a regular visa which takes 3/4 days to obtain in HK. Also anyone
who does go this route should know that a 60 day double entry visa means you have to leave and re-enter the country after 30 days. Very confusing and feel that is in place for some type of trick into paying
a fine. Last, I wouldn't mind visiting Shenzhen but refuse simply because Americans should be granted a free 90 day stay (at least 60 days) like HK. Total nonsense.