Falcon's new Thai family

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Re: Falcon's new Thai family

Post by Falcon »

You guys keep saying I might eventually want to trade her for a younger woman. But I keep ending up dating older women, not because I'm looking for them on purpose but because they somehow keep ending up with me.

I just never really got along with most of my peers beyond being superficial acquaintances. Some of you older guys might have a bit of trouble imagining what it takes to fit in as a youth now. It means having to fit into a lot of dumb high-school-like cliques, social media cliques, social media mind games, flakiness, lack of real social connection, vapid social acquaintances, selfish me-me mentality, smartphone addiction, and all that nonsense. Things aren't that simple anymore for millenials. I envy the 1980's and earlier decades when young people could have more normal, more human interactions.

If you're an older guy dating a younger girl, you're not expected with put up with any of this BS because they see you as from a different generation. But I'm expected to totally fit into all this BS because I'm a young Asian guy. If you don't, then you're out. You can get to know many people but you won't be able to crack into youth social circles, and thus will have more trouble dating girls your own age. Being able to crack into social circles is usually a prerequisite for getting into the university dating scene, so you're out if you don't fit in with their superficial culture. At school, I'm a very sociable and likeable person and have dozens upon dozens of great friends at school that I talk to everyday. I'm a normal, talkative guy who loves chatting extensively with all sorts of people. But being totally accepted into a youth social clique is a different matter.

My girlfriend said that I'm a bookworm who obviously fits in with dedicated graduate students, but not with most undergraduates who are into silly stuff. Ironically, despite having only a high school diploma, she is strongly supportive of me finishing my graduate degree, whereas my well-educated biological family actually isn't so supportive.

I am indeed surrounded by young Chiang Mai pretties at my school, who are considered by Thais to be some of the most beautiful women in the country. But they're mostly spoiled hi-so brats who are a real pain in the neck to deal with long-term.

My classmates in Thailand are not flirty rural girls from the rice paddies. They are bratty upper-middle-class Chiang Mai pretties who speak Thai with a very nasal, whiny accent and can't go anywhere without their phones. Yes they are cute, but how long do you think someone like me can stand being with one of them? They are just like the Taiwanese meimei's that Winston keeps complaining about.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they're all bad people. There's nothing wrong with either me or them in particular. We just can't mesh. We don't vibe.

My girlfriend was born in 1975. It was a different planet back then, and I can deal with those folks easily. Many older Asians are very authentic and easy to talk to, but there's just something weird going on with the younger generation. They can be so superficial, selfish, and zombie-like. You see this generational gap going on in all the industrialized Asian countries like Singapore, Taiwan, South Korea, and Japan too. Has anyone noticed this as well?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Falcon, she might be a decent woman, but seriously, the time is going to come when you're going to brush up against some 20 something year old, or you'll see a bunch of nice young little ladies and you're going to wish you could grab a piece. And remember, when you're 60, she'll be 75, whereas you could have someone who by that time will only be 40. And even when you're just 40 yourself, she'll be 55, and when you see other 40 year olds walking around with their 22, 34, 26 year old girlfriends, you're going to see the difference. Surely there must be plenty of nice younger women around.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

As far as I know, Falcon is not breaking any laws.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

I think Falcon brings up an interesting point. His current girl friend was born in 1975 was it. His girl friend grew up in different generation where as with the younger generation are becoming and more spoiled or selfish or more western like.

This is happening in other places through out the world. It seems like women in general are just getting worst and spoiled. I mean just look at the rise of inceal or mgtow and so on rising along with. It sad it's happening in Thailand and it's happening in other places. Falcon is having hard time relating to the young Thai girls because they are not that different from the spoiled western girl.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

chanta76 wrote:I think Falcon brings up an interesting point. His current girl friend was born in 1975 was it. His girl friend grew up in different generation where as with the younger generation are becoming and more spoiled or selfish or more western like.

This is happening in other places through out the world. It seems like women in general are just getting worst and spoiled. I mean just look at the rise of inceal or mgtow and so on rising along with. It sad it's happening in Thailand and it's happening in other places. Falcon is having hard time relating to the young Thai girls because they are not that different from the spoiled western girl.
She was teenager during the 1980's - early 1990's. That's about when my parents met.

Some countries where I noticed where you can still easily relate to women born later than 1990 include Myanmar, Laos, and India. The rural ones where smartphone and Internet penetration are still quite low. Thailand is part of the connected, developed globalized world, but Myanmar, Laos, and much (but not all) of India are not. The Philippines (outside Manila) is transitioning.

I never went to Thailand because of the women. I came here because of work and school.

Johnny1975 wrote:Falcon, she might be a decent woman, but seriously, the time is going to come when you're going to brush up against some 20 something year old, or you'll see a bunch of nice young little ladies and you're going to wish you could grab a piece. And remember, when you're 60, she'll be 75, whereas you could have someone who by that time will only be 40. And even when you're just 40 yourself, she'll be 55, and when you see other 40 year olds walking around with their 22, 34, 26 year old girlfriends, you're going to see the difference. Surely there must be plenty of nice younger women around.
I know this might sound this weird to some of you, but I really don't see this coming. Rock and Winston know that I'm a repeat offender when it comes to dating older women. All of them had genuine fears that I could one day dump them for hotter young women, kind of how older guys can be insecure about their younger girlfriends dumping them for a younger girl one day. Even my Indonesian ex-GF who was 11 years older than me and felt like a peer (or an older sister) constantly had this fear. I had to keep explaining why this isn't the case.

And what's with people who think that it's weird to have a woman who is 2-3 years older than the man? I really don't get this one.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

@marcos: So that's why you married and had children, so you you wouldn't seen "off" to people and no one would "raise eyebrows" around you? You really that worried about what other people think? A lot of people are laughing aloud, to speak nothing of raising their eyebrows, at you for moving to the Philippines. Why doesn't that bother you?
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

retiredfrank wrote:@marcos: So that's why you married and had children, so you you wouldn't seen "off" to people and no one would "raise eyebrows" around you? You really that worried about what other people think? A lot of people are laughing aloud, to speak nothing of raising their eyebrows, at you for moving to the Philippines. Why doesn't that bother you?
Marcos is just saying what raises eyebrows and what doesn't, not that he himself specifically is trying to avoid having eyebrows raised. He's not saying that raising eyebrows is a bad thing either.

I can understand things from the perspective of evolutionary biology, and his explanations definitely do make sense. Of course, evolution can also be full of unexpected patterns and apparent contradictions.

But quoting Rock and Winston on dating women under 25, Rock said that people don't usually have fully mature brains until age 25, although some Filipinas under 25 that he has dated are actually quite mature for their ages. And Winston, while dating a Filipina under 25, said that it's hard to tell how much a young girl can change over time, since she's so young and has so much in front of her.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Falcon wrote:
retiredfrank wrote:@marcos: So that's why you married and had children, so you you wouldn't seen "off" to people and no one would "raise eyebrows" around you? You really that worried about what other people think? A lot of people are laughing aloud, to speak nothing of raising their eyebrows, at you for moving to the Philippines. Why doesn't that bother you?
Marcos is just saying what raises eyebrows and what doesn't, not that he himself specifically is trying to avoid having eyebrows raised. He's not saying that raising eyebrows is a bad thing either.
Come on now. Why didn't he also mention the price of eggs at the local market or note when metal working began or bring up a thousand and one other irrelevancies? He brought up raised eyebrows as an indirect way of casting aspersions on your choice of a mate.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

retiredfrank wrote:Come on now. Why didn't he also mention the price of eggs at the local market or note when metal working began or bring up a thousand and one other irrelevancies? He brought up raised eyebrows as an indirect way of casting aspersions on your choice of a mate.
Didn't you also read the other things he wrote? Read in between the lines too.
Overall, Marcos is a pretty supportive guy. Let's not be hypersensitive here.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

BTW I'm not laughing aloud myself, nor raising my eyebrows, at either you or Falcon. I just used that phrase to get a reaction, because there ARE some people who have made snide comments about you on this forum. No one is more supportive than me of men who take an unconventional path through life to find happiness.
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Post by cdnFA »

retiredfrank wrote:
cdnFA wrote: Disgusting how American woman chase after the Chad Thundercock but when we become the Chads because of first world wealth, awesome sauce.
Hello? I certainly never condemned Chad Thundercocks in the USA/Canada for taking advantage of their situation, nor women for going for the best deal they can get. The whole point of HA for me is precisely to become Chad Thundercock, though I prefer to say "go from middle class status to rich status", which is nice in many ways other than women. And actually to become more than Chad Thunderock could ever be in the USA. Few false rape or sexual harassment problems in places like Thailand/Ukraine, whereas even rich and powerful Chad Thundercocks get taken down hard in the USA/Canada.

You are fond of pointing out that most men don't get falsely accused, don't get divorce raped, etc. But the threat is always hanging over their heads, and such an environment is emasulating. Spend time around married men in the USA/Canada and you'll see that they are all beaten and frightened men deep inside. Maybe your bitterness is because you are feeling the effects of this emaculating environment.

Getting back to the OP, the legal environment would be worse for him in the USA/Canada, even if everything else remained the same. Also, he would not have the leverage over her that he has now, even if his income status in USA/Canada were the same as in Thailand, because good-looking single mothers in their 40s have much higher SMV in USA/Canada than in Thailand.

Why do you hang out on HA if you have no interest in going abroad?
On the Chad Thundercock element. Just like I don't believe NAWALT, not all HAers are like that either, but it seems to be a theme here with many users. They slag on AW for doing something, when FW do the same thing it's great.
I've never had a problem with anyone trying to go for the Chad Thundercock/Charlene Thundervag. It sucks for me but people gotta do what they gotta do, even if it means getting hitched with someone 15 years older with 3 kids [I was clear on that right?]
What I have a problem with is dudes who bitch about how girls go for the Chads but when they go overseas and become Chads and the girls flock to them they are cool with it. That is a double standard that comes from a narcissistic view.

I never said dudes don't get false accused, nor divorce rapes. Mattress girl anyone? I have said that if you are going to take a girl off her career track and keep her home breeding and taking care of the home front while you go onto new heights in the outside world, it is only fair that she gets a cut if things go bad. I am one of those assholes who think women are soylent green which seems to make me a minority here. It would seem that many [not all] think that a woman should shit out kids and liver her live serving you and the moment you get divorced she should be put out on the streets with no job history, also one gets the impression as nobody ever seems to say it that it doesn't seem to matter whose fault is. I don't think divorce rape is a certanty or even common, I think most divorced dudes think they were hard done buy but if you looked at all the facts of what happened. Anyhow, if you got a problem with that, don't enter a partnership, prenup that bitch [and they do work, regardless of what a few freak cases suggest, people get wet using umbrellas and killed using seatbelts also but we still use them].

Every married person I know at least among my friends is happy as f**k in their relationship. We are talking nerds, people who play[ed] Dungeons and Dragons. Not a single divorce among them. Married to girls of similar looks and interests of high quality. My bro has been married for 25 years ditto. Two of my uncles on my mothers side were not but one used my aunt as a punching bag so f**k him and the other was a booze hound scumbag who married similar so they deserved each other.

Where did I ever say I have no interest in going abroad. I've mentioned several times that it is my backup plan for if... when my current situation dies.
I am here to gather information on where I should go so I can direct my language studies but between Adama and his imaginary friend, Starchild and his space jews, Winston and his flat earth, Ghost and his search for a unicorn, etc I question my being here.

I've pretty much narrowed it down to India, China, Japan and Thailand but they all have issues and there is nothing wrong with acking that, hivemind groupthink is useless to me.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

cdnFA wrote:I've pretty much narrowed it down to India, China, Japan and Thailand but they all have issues
Curious list. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Women? Low cost of living? Culture?
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Actually, I tend to be MORE compatible with women who are over 30. People seem to have a hard time believing this.

Mature girls my age are quite hard to find nowadays. My girl is constantly talking about how lazy, unable, irresponsible, and arrogant her 22-year-old daughter is. This phenomenon is going on throughout all of the developed world. She tried raising her well, but peer pressure can be a much stronger influence on youths than well-meaning parenting. Forget about cooking, cleaning, alcohol abstinence, financial responsibility, patience, morals, and all of that. My girlfriend can do all of those and has those qualities, but not her daughter. So do most students at my university.

Young Burmese women seem to be the exception. Very conservative, un-Westernized societies have so far avoided having their most of their youth corrupted.
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

LOL at Falcon for being such a loser.

droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

That wasn't necessary. No need to gang up on the guy.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?