Winston in China! Updates and Photos

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 20th, 2020, 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Winston is in China now! Updates and Reports

Post by Yohan »

AsiaHand wrote:.....and I'll put my knowledge about the country up against anybody. But you guys are in serious delusional states if you can't recognize the serious problems China has.
So while China can be a fascinating, enjoyable place to live, keep it reality-based, folks.
I can only agree with you, I do not know if you read my previous comments.

For me China is for sightseeing and fun, it is a wide country with many impressive places to visit.

But otherwise?

To be in China as a foreign tourist for a few days or weeks is not the same as the life of a local worker in a factory.

It's without question a hard life for many ordinary Chinese.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Ghost wrote: Not really a useful question for me since I'll never have $10 million.
Well, not with that attitude. :) (You can't picture yourself being a super successful writer?)
Ghost wrote: So where do you put women?
Last. I have no interest in running around banging everything that movies. If I can get ONE girl, that's enough. Still got one in every country I've lived in. Sometimes two, but there are far too many things which are more important to me. I have written this more than once in this forum. Do your thing. Build a great life for yourself and women will surely want to join you in the adventure.

Most recently, as I put together my chart as to the best place to go, I considered these things in order of importance.

1. Cost of living
2. Visa hassles
3. Internet speed
4. Quality of environment (pollution, construction, rooms, noise, AC, safety)
5. Food
6. People (including women)

South Korea wins overall, but China actually beats it in many categories except ONE. The visa issues. Since that's high on my list, and having gone through some harrowing visa issues in the past, it's a show stopper for me. Philippines is also a clear winner in a few categories, but the quality of environment, and atrocious internet speed make it less than ideal.

One thing I didn't put on my list was business opportunities because, for me, that is, hands down, Japan.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MarcosZeitola wrote: A lot of people on this thread claim China to be this amazing place, but when we look at someone like Winston he is clearly biased because of his own Chinese roots. Hence you always hear him babbling about the supposed "racial superiority" of the Chinese people.
'Racial superiority'
LOL

Well, to be fair, Winston as an Asian-American is clearly superior to his countrymen living in China, as he is holding US-citizenship and able to leave China anytime without applying for a visa to the United States.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

A KEY major point and discovery I want to emphasize:

The amazing thing about China that blows you away is this: In China, beautiful feminine women and girls who are sincere and down-to-earth are the NORM and in the MAJORITY, whereas in America they are rarer than a needle in a haystack! Thus coming from the USA, you are amazed because it seems surreal that attractive girls could be so down-to-earth and easy to connect with! Once you come to China and experience this, you will be kicking yourself and wondering "Why didn't I leave the USA sooner?!" and also "Why didn't anyone tell me about this before?!"
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:A KEY major point and discovery I want to emphasize:

The amazing thing about China that blows you away is this: In China, beautiful feminine women and girls who are sincere and down-to-earth are the NORM and in the MAJORITY, whereas in America they are rarer than a needle in a haystack! Thus coming from the USA, you are amazed because it seems surreal that attractive girls could be so down-to-earth and easy to connect with! Once you come to China and experience this, you will be kicking yourself and wondering "Why didn't I leave the USA sooner?!" and also "Why didn't anyone tell me about this before?!"
We did lol. We've been telling you from the early days of this forum, go to China young man. After years and years of nagging, you finally got it. Congrats. Keep enjoying. But don't forget Angelo and Dianne either.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Rock wrote:

We did lol. We've been telling you from the early days of this forum, go to China young man. After years and years of nagging, you finally got it. Congrats. Keep enjoying. But don't forget Angelo and Dianne either.
Yes lol
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
cbcsurvivalist
Freshman Poster

Post by cbcsurvivalist »

In terms of looks, how would you compare Chinese girls in China versus Chinese girls over in the US or Canada? Most of the Chinese girls I've encountered over here tend to be pretty butt ugly with the body of a 15 year old.
http://cbcsurvivalguide.com/ Tips and Tricks for the CBC in the 21th century
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

In respect to my list above, I have been doing some reading about Cambodia. Apparently, they have good internet, very cheap cost of living and a hassle free, 1 year, multiple entry/exit visa for $280!!

I will definitely be looking into that more.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

The_Adventurer wrote:In respect to my list above, I have been doing some reading about Cambodia. Apparently, they have good internet, very cheap cost of living and a hassle free, 1 year, multiple entry/exit visa for $280!!
I will definitely be looking into that more.
There is no problem about visa for Cambodia, 1 year visa are issued without problems, however internet is slow.
The people are very friendly and not so business-like compared to Thailand.

Not that cheap for foreigners, about same as in Thailand I would say.

Not much population however, only a few cities, mentality is quite different from Thai people, Khmer is not an easy language either, but is NOT a tonal language - Cambodian people are very talented and eager to learn foreign languages. Often life in Cambodia a little bit outside of these few cities is remarkably primitive. Often bad local roads, often failure of electricity etc.

If you stay longer, it might become rather boring, cities are very hot during daytime, the sun is terrible strong there.
I have been in Cambodia several times, but I stay only a few days and then back to Thailand.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 20th, 2020, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AsiaHand
Freshman Poster

Post by AsiaHand »

I would probably go with Phils over Cambodia, but would be happy with neither. Cambodia is 9th level of hell hot, the food is atrocious, and it's one of the most venally corrupt countries on earth, run by thugs. There is definitely a crazy gene running rampant in the Khmer. You can see it in their eyes. They would still bash your brains out with an iron bar if given half the chance.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

New Podcast Show About China! Must Hear Roundtable Discussion!

Hi all,
Last night me, Ethan_sg and Bao3niang did an incredible groundbreaking podcast about China's women, culture, authenticity, social harmony and freedoms vs. comparisons with the West. In this roundtable discussion, we reveal a lot of observations, comparisons and experiences which you will never hear in the US media nor the alternative media, based on our FIRSTHAND direct experiences. Hope you all find it interesting and eye-opening and enlightening. And we hope you find it informative enough to decide if China is for you or not. Here is the link. Enjoy.

http://www.happierabroad.com/podcasts/c ... eedoms.mp3
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

It's been a while since I've given an update. So here it is:

I returned to Shenzhen back in September after a long trek around Sichuan province in Western China, where I visited Tibetan areas too such as Ganzi. Since then I've been shuttling back and forth between Shenzhen and Guangzhou, which are connected by a high speed train that takes only one hour back and forth.

I did meet and date the gem from POF in Shenzhen I told you all about earlier. She turned out to be kind and have a good heart. But the problem is, I'm not physically attracted to her, so I have trouble making love to her. Plus, she is simple and not that bright, more like a Filipina than a Chinese. (Poetic justice?) Very error prone too, which is frustrating. And she acts childish and immature often, getting moody and impatient a lot. She also does not look or act Chinese or have a Chinese vibe. So again, as usual Murphy's law doesn't let me have the women I desire, only the ones I don't desire and don't fulfill me.

I did meet another gem on OkCupid from Foshan, a spread out suburb area near Guangzhou. She is a Buddhist girl who is vegetarian and has a lot in common with me. With her, I have more connection than with the lady in Shenzhen, and more in common too. She is decent looking, and 30 years old, so not too young or old. But she is kind of conservative and reserved and is taking a while to open up to me or get warm.

So overall, I did find two gems, but neither of them are hot nor the kind of Chinese girls I dream of and post pics of in that "Hot Chinese Girls" thread.

Now, I am having a good time in China and meeting many great girls. And I enjoy the vibrant exciting dynamic environment in China. It's a million times more interesting and exciting and dynamic than Taiwan, that's for sure. The social harmony is impressive and amazing to see. And the food is great and healthy. So I'm having fun and enjoying China. And I do have an active dating life here, which is a lot BETTER than not having any dating life at all, like I did in Taiwan and America. That's great and all. And I'm doing well in cold approach too, as Ethan_sg can testify to. I meet lots of girls and get lots of phone numbers via cold approach. So it turned out to be a lot easier than I thought, because I was told that cold approach doesn't work in China, which turned out not to be true, at least for me.

However, I'm not satisfied with my relationships here. I've met lots of great girls of course, and I do enjoy that. Sure. But just as in Russia, the girls that like me seriously and want to get intimate with me, are NOT the ones I want. Not the attractive females that I like and am aiming for. So in that sense, I am not satisfied yet.

You see, my GOAL is to have a serious relationship or marriage with a Chinese woman I'm attracted to. I'm having a hard time with that though, because as usual, Murphy's law is only letting me have women that I'm not that attracted to. It's similar to what happened in Russia. I just don't have good karma or luck in relationships, though I do have good karma in other areas of life, such as online business or making money. Oh well. Not many people have good karma in every area of life.

However, I do see the type of attractive, sexy, hot Chinese girl I want all the time outside. They are everywhere in abundance. It's just not that easy for me to win one as more than a friend. Maybe I'm too old and should have came here 10 years ago. But I see average looking or nerdy looking guys with beautiful hot Chinese girls here all the time, so if they can, why can't I?

So in summary: I do feel happy in China and enjoy the impressive social harmony and authenticity here in terms of people and culture, which is very down-to-earth and fits me. China is like another world, and a huge one at that. You could spend a year just exploring all the towns and cities and sites in Guangdong province alone. But when it comes to women and dating, I haven't gotten what I wanted yet, despite having an active dating life and meeting lots of girls (some online and some via cold approach), because the ones that like me aren't the ones I'm attracted to or desire. Still, I feel optimistic and hopeful because in theory, I should do well here. There's lots of opportunity and potential here, and many factors are working in my favor.

Any advice or suggestions?

droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

That's great stuff Winston, glad to see you are living by premise of your site.
I myself still have to endure desolate Dunkin Donuts or Burger Kings with lone chumps for a couple weeks..

You've only been there for a few months, so you just need some more time to find one you really like.
I know we always bug you with this, but I still think losing weight is a necessity. Correct me if I'm wrong but the nerdy guys you see around with cuties are all slim?
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?