Chicago, IL is NOT a good place to live and NOT a good place to visit, either.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Summertime
Freshman Poster

Re: Chicago, Il is NOT a good place to live and NOT a good place to visit, either.

Post by Summertime »

have2fly wrote:
August 29th, 2020, 1:14 am
Summertime wrote:
August 27th, 2020, 3:49 pm
have2fly wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 12:13 am
Let me guess. You are black and broke? I only drove through Chicago ghetto a few times during the day. I don't know why I would ever go there.
Chicago is one of the best big cities in the US. The only problem is horrible Siberian-style winter. If you stay in the northern suburbs you are fine. Chicagoland has a huge Polish community and many other immigrants. There is an endless supply of p***y. Many decent cheap ethnic restaurants. Job market is great, rent is still somewhat cheap compared to NYC or LA. Strip clubs??? Who in their sane mind finds strip clubs a good place to go? Strippers are the lowest of the low females that are usually on drugs and only act nice to get money out of you. There is no p***y in the strip club. I would not touch it even if it was free. I would rather hit an ethnic festival in Chicago, now that's a place to find a girl.
All those other cities that you listed are pretty much the same as Chicago with the exception of warmer climate and different ethnic makeup of the population. I would say Miami is the best place to be when you are young and want to party, but job market is way worse than Chicago.
Let me guess, your lame and judgmental. Hope you work on that. You don't sound mentally stable.
And who are you? If getting dates and enjoying my life in Chicago makes me mentally unstable, then :lol: :lol: :lol:
Do you know how stupid you sound? You just assume he's black and broke. You didn't say any other race. Or just because you say that you get dates and enjoy life nobody can struggle in Chicago. Got fake R&B singers talking about fighting. Not even worried. Another guy talking about trolls but didn't say anything about my points. If people are doing so well with women why are you arguing with me over the internet. Think that you would be busy with that.
Some people disagree with OP and act like there words are law. I disagree with what you said and people resort to name calling and talking about fighting. I think therapy would help some of you. Might want to give it a try.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

toomuchtruth
Freshman Poster

Re: Chicago, IL is NOT a good place to live and NOT a good place to visit, either.

Post by toomuchtruth »

You guys are real idiots. First of all, who cares is the OP is black, you dumb@$$e$. Second, he's right, Chicago sucks. It's not like other America cities; Chicago is dying. Blame the government or blame the people that vote in the government, either way.

On the plus side, they have some good cheap America style Chinese food, but there more to life than cheap America style Chinese food, right?
have2fly
Junior Poster

Re: Chicago, Il is NOT a good place to live and NOT a good place to visit, either.

Post by have2fly »

Summertime wrote:
August 29th, 2020, 5:22 am
have2fly wrote:
Summertime wrote:
have2fly wrote:
Let me guess. You are black and broke? I only drove through Chicago ghetto a few times during the day. I don't know why I would ever go there.
Chicago is one of the best big cities in the US. The only problem is horrible Siberian-style winter. If you stay in the northern suburbs you are fine. Chicagoland has a huge Polish community and many other immigrants. There is an endless supply of p***y. Many decent cheap ethnic restaurants. Job market is great, rent is still somewhat cheap compared to NYC or LA. Strip clubs??? Who in their sane mind finds strip clubs a good place to go? Strippers are the lowest of the low females that are usually on drugs and only act nice to get money out of you. There is no p***y in the strip club. I would not touch it even if it was free. I would rather hit an ethnic festival in Chicago, now that's a place to find a girl.
All those other cities that you listed are pretty much the same as Chicago with the exception of warmer climate and different ethnic makeup of the population. I would say Miami is the best place to be when you are young and want to party, but job market is way worse than Chicago.
Let me guess, your lame and judgmental. Hope you work on that. You don't sound mentally stable.
And who are you? If getting dates and enjoying my life in Chicago makes me mentally unstable, then :lol: :lol: :lol:
Do you know how stupid you sound? You just assume he's black and broke. You didn't say any other race. Or just because you say that you get dates and enjoy life nobody can struggle in Chicago. Got fake R&B singers talking about fighting. Not even worried. Another guy talking about trolls but didn't say anything about my points. If people are doing so well with women why are you arguing with me over the internet. Think that you would be busy with that.
Some people disagree with OP and act like there words are law. I disagree with what you said and people resort to name calling and talking about fighting. I think therapy would help some of you. Might want to give it a try.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Only people that live in the ghetto talk about ghetto. Anyone else lives in the ghetto besides black people? Just because someone is broke living in the ghetto does not mean Chicago is bad for everyone. I am arguing with you about what? You overestimate your trolling skills. Let me guess, you are also black and broke?
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Chicago, IL is NOT a good place to live and NOT a good place to visit, either.

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Chicago (and NYC) is experiencing an exodus due to the rioting and crime wave. What's worse is that police are retiring there in DROVES and there is a shortage of patrolman now.

After awhile, home prices there will go on fire-sale, even in the rich areas.

In northern Florida, there has been a recent influx of New Yorkers who have fled that horrible city. Demographic shift is upon us and I wonder how much it will affect the election.
Summertime
Freshman Poster

Post by Summertime »

have2fly wrote:
August 29th, 2020, 11:18 pm
Summertime wrote:
August 29th, 2020, 5:22 am
have2fly wrote:
Summertime wrote:
have2fly wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Only people that live in the ghetto talk about ghetto. Anyone else lives in the ghetto besides black people? Just because someone is broke living in the ghetto does not mean Chicago is bad for everyone. I am arguing with you about what? You overestimate your trolling skills. Let me guess, you are also black and broke?

I really hope your trolling me. If not, that's just sad. I already destroyed any other arguments. Some including you tried to make it seem like everybody who struggled with dating, and didn't really enjoy the Chicago land area are at fault. That's an idiotic way of thinking but not as bad as trying to bring race into the conversation.

It's not so much about being black and broke. If you said White and broke, Asian and broke or Latino and broke those would still be very ignorant comments to make. You don't have to be a math major to see what I'm talking about. It's like you really believe if every 18+ male in the Chicago land area was surveyed only black and broke guys would have a problem with the scene. I'm talking about millions of guys surveyed. Every white guy despite being broke, middle class or rich would answer yes to loving the dating scene and area? And basically everyone else would all be in agreement. Not one guy or 10% or 20% of non broke and black guys just wouldn't like it. I guess your going to tell me the moon is made out of cheese.

And people dare call me a troll. Laughable.
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Post by CannedHam »

I lived in Chicago many years ago and it always had kind of a rough vibe to it but was generally okay for a large US city when I was single and renting. But this year Chicago is absolutely done. The constant riots/looting/flash mobs have made a once-great downtown a boarded up wasteland.

Police are under restraint orders and are basically forced to stand by and watch the destruction. Unions and democrats have the city government by the balls - look at what happened with the teacher's union strike last year. Crime continues to spiral out of control - even rich "safe" areas get hit by random bursts of violent crime. Taxes continue going up and you get hit on every possible side - state income taxes, sales taxes, property taxes, gas taxes, taxes on shit like soda and bottled water, and it's never enough - the city is still broke, deep in debt, and has liabilities like pensions it probably can't even pay 20% of.

Chicago public schools are a disgrace, aside from a few magnet schools that politicians, celebrities, and the ultra-wealthy send their kids to. Private schools are shutting left and right. Public transit is dirty, unreliable, and unsafe. Even back in the day I'd say 1 in 5 El rides was unpleasant. Either really late, train smelled like ass, aggressive homeless panhandler, some thug blasting music (compare that to China where it's like 1 in 200 rides)
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
August 29th, 2020, 11:30 pm
Chicago (and NYC) is experiencing an exodus due to the rioting and crime wave. What's worse is that police are retiring there in DROVES and there is a shortage of patrolman now.

In northern Florida, there has been a recent influx of New Yorkers who have fled that horrible city. Demographic shift is upon us and I wonder how much it will affect the election.
...See and that's why I think the Democrats in conjunction with the CCP did that sh*t on purpose so more Liberals can move to the swing states and swing it over to their favor. I wish you had not said it, but then again, it wouldn't be the truth if you had blatantly ignored something so true.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 12:04 pm

...See and that's why I think the Democrats in conjunction with the CCP did that sh*t on purpose so more Liberals can move to the swing states and swing it over to their favor. I wish you had not said it, but then again, it wouldn't be the truth if you had blatantly ignored something so true.
Good point. I think those who move to Florida might be apt to vote for Trump a bit more than for Biden. Most of them are affluent, sick of the chaos, and law and order appeals to them more than the uncertainty of the Marxist left. That is my hope at least.

But this could also give Trump a chance to win NY state which would guarantee his re-election.

Black and Latino support jumped by 10 points after the Republican Convention, and that is a conservative estimate because most of them would never disclose that to anyone.
traveller
Junior Poster

Post by traveller »

www.city-data.com/forum/chicago/3191246 ... enter.html

www.city-data.com/forum/chicago/2171727 ... crime.html

Would you just look at those greedy North Korean mods and admins of that city-data forum! They declare themselves Americans and have themselves located in the United States, but really their locations are Pyongyang, North Korea. The city-data forum is based right in Pyongyang and operates under the Juche Philosophy, the regime of Kim Il-Sung, and the laws of North Korea, which is the least free country on Earth.

The entire area around Chicago's United Center is an absolutely terrible, extremely bad neighborhood. That area is overrun with not only violent gangs like the Gangster Disciples, Four Corner Hustlers, and what not, but also vicious armed flash mobs that gun down, murder, and rob law enforcement, media personnel, and innocent people. Chicago flash mobs are cop killers. There have been numerous shootings inside the United Center facility, even during hockey games and special events. There are shootings in the parking lot. SWAT teams have been gunned down and robbed by the flash mobs. You could have the military as security and not feel safe. The neighborhood surrounding the United Center is no safer. Hundreds of shootings, armed robberies, car jackings, and assaults occur in that area every day, even in broad daylight. They occur in parking lots, front yards, on busy streets, inside stores and businesses in that area, they occur even when marked police cars are visible (again, Chicago flash mobs are cop killers). The extreme vast majority of those shootings are never reported because, once again, news/media personnel get gunned down and murdered all the time in that neighborhood.

And yet the city-data forum owners want to make like Chicago is the perfect place to live. They don't care if Chicago were worse than Baghdad. They don't care if 300 buses were blown up by roadside bombs on Madison Street yesterday killing thousands and injuring thousands more, or if even 300 roadside bombs detonated yesterday on the Eisenhower Expressway made a one-mile-long trashyard of shattered, shredded cars, dead bodies, injuries, and a traffic jam stretching from Halsted Avenue all the way to St. Charles Road just west of Hillside. And especially in a city (Chicago) where there's shootings on their highways! They delete every single thread and post that even says that a particular location or facility is in a bad neighborhood. They allow posts about bad neighborhoods in Atlanta, Miami, Fort Myers, New York, Houston, Tampa, and Los Angeles. But they forbid posts about bad neighborhoods in Chicago, and posting about bad neighborhoods and crime in Chicago on that city-data forum is like even smashing a portrait of Kim Il-Sung and/or Kim Jong-Il.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

August 30th, 2020, 12:07 pm
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 12:04 pm

Good point. I think those who move to Florida might be apt to vote for Trump a bit more than for Biden. Most of them are affluent, sick of the chaos, and law and order appeals to them more than the uncertainty of the Marxist left. That is my hope at least.

But this could also give Trump a chance to win NY state which would guarantee his re-election.

Black and Latino support jumped by 10 points after the Republican Convention, and that is a conservative estimate because most of them would never disclose that to anyone.
:+1:
traveller
Junior Poster

Post by traveller »

Not to mention once again, the dating scene in Northern Illinois, including Chicago, is in the sewer. The women in Northern Illinois are nothing but unapproachable. They are in tight-knit cliques with a zero tolerance policy for outsiders. Even moderately to severely overweight women are with guys and are taken, and in fact, the only single and available women in Chicagoland are the supermorbidly obese, some of them looking almost like Violet Beauregarde in Willy Wonka after she turned into a giant blueberry. Basically in other words, only the fattest women are single, their tremendous girth not only making them stand out in a heavy crowd, but also generating it's own form of wide-berth force field keeping the guys away. And oftentimes, those are the only friendly ones, and it's even a tractor beam pulling you into an invisible shield that thrusts you right back out.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Chicago is known worldwide as a really unsafe US-city ...one of the most dangerous cities in the States.

Luckily USA is a wide country and it is not everywhere like that.
There are many safe places in USA, and friendly and hard working people of all races too and no need to walk around with a gun...

About Chicago, just a look in the local news ...Chicago Tribune August 31, 2020
https://news.yahoo.com/chicago-police-r ... 00932.html

CHICAGO — In a little more than three hours beginning around 2 a.m. Sunday, Chicago police responded to 10 separate shootings, including three homicides and an attack on two officers who exchanged gunfire with an armed assailant.

All told, 10 people were wounded and three people died during the shootings — which were mainly concentrated on the South and West sides — the most recent at 5:25 a.m.

At 2:09 a.m., officers responded to the South Chicago neighborhood on the Far South Side where they launched a homicide investigation after finding a man unresponsive in the 8400 block of South Commercial Avenue. The city’s gunshot detection system, ShotSpotter, picked up eight rounds in the area, prompting the call. Authorities said a 61-year-old man had been shot in the head and he was pronounced dead on scene.

Less than 30 minutes later, the two officers and the man they said shot them were being treated for gunshot wounds suffered in the 3300 block of West Polk Street in the West Side Homan Square neighborhood. One officer was in good condition, and the other officer and the alleged gunman were in serious but stable condition, officials said.
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

Yohan wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 9:29 am
Chicago is known worldwide as a really unsafe US-city ...one of the most dangerous cities in the States.

Luckily USA is a wide country and it is not everywhere like that.
There are many safe places in USA, and friendly and hard working people of all races too and no need to walk around with a gun...

About Chicago, just a look in the local news ...Chicago Tribune August 31, 2020
https://news.yahoo.com/chicago-police-r ... 00932.html

CHICAGO — In a little more than three hours beginning around 2 a.m. Sunday, Chicago police responded to 10 separate shootings, including three homicides and an attack on two officers who exchanged gunfire with an armed assailant.

All told, 10 people were wounded and three people died during the shootings — which were mainly concentrated on the South and West sides — the most recent at 5:25 a.m.

At 2:09 a.m., officers responded to the South Chicago neighborhood on the Far South Side where they launched a homicide investigation after finding a man unresponsive in the 8400 block of South Commercial Avenue. The city’s gunshot detection system, ShotSpotter, picked up eight rounds in the area, prompting the call. Authorities said a 61-year-old man had been shot in the head and he was pronounced dead on scene.

Less than 30 minutes later, the two officers and the man they said shot them were being treated for gunshot wounds suffered in the 3300 block of West Polk Street in the West Side Homan Square neighborhood. One officer was in good condition, and the other officer and the alleged gunman were in serious but stable condition, officials said.
Yet again, South side is where ghetto is. I had no issues when I lived in Chicago suburbs. I commuted by car everywhere or took Uber. Northern suburbs are exactly like suburbs of any other large city in the US. Why should news from the ghetto define whole Chicagoland?
WisconsinMan82
Freshman Poster

Post by WisconsinMan82 »

traveller wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 2:34 pm
-snip-
I used to post on City-Data. Toxic clique mentality, and the "reputation" feature is too often just a "good ol' boys" kind of thing where the same certain clique just keeps repping each other back and forth and other people with lower rep counts are made to feel bad about themselves. Moderation is laughably inconsistent and authoritarian; I got warned once just for explaining why someone got banned (because that's "discussing moderator actions hurr durr"). Quite a few long-term trolls also get to continue "contributing" to the site without consequence because their opinions are pretty much approved by the cabal of moderators. There are some good/funny/interesting threads in various places on that site, but overall it got to be too much of a big frustrating mess for me to handle so I stopped posting there.
5/13/2024
Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

WisconsinMan82 wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 4:32 pm
traveller wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 2:34 pm
-snip-
I used to post on City-Data. Toxic clique mentality, and the "reputation" feature is too often just a "good ol' boys" kind of thing where the same certain clique just keeps repping each other back and forth and other people with lower rep counts are made to feel bad about themselves. Moderation is laughably inconsistent and authoritarian; I got warned once just for explaining why someone got banned (because that's "discussing moderator actions hurr durr"). Quite a few long-term trolls also get to continue "contributing" to the site without consequence because their opinions are pretty much approved by the cabal of moderators. There are some good/funny/interesting threads in various places on that site, but overall it got to be too much of a big frustrating mess for me to handle so I stopped posting there.
Time for Trump bring in guard gundown gangsterman south side west side north side for tie on cement to dump in east side lake michgan

for al cpone long gonard and ilinois tired the corupt dark city loot whole state each year every year enough enough time president take over destroy all the badmans once forall
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen