America offers NOTHING except Work, Shopping, & Social Isolation. So why stay there?!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Re: America offers you NOTHING unless you live to work as a workaholic. So why stay there?!

Post by kangarunner »

MrMan wrote:
April 2nd, 2023, 1:51 pm
A consumerism culture is culture, too.

I like to eat out with family or friends. That is an activity done worldwide to socialize, relax, and have fun.

You could also hike, hunt, fish. The US has a lot to offer for outdoor activities.
This is a real question. Why are you here? People come to this forum because theyre sick and tired of America and are looking for a way out of that miserable, vapid, live to be a work slave void.

Your above paragraph is something a normie would say. Not someone who is happier abroad outside of America.

And what you said above doesnt make sense. Consumerism is not culture.

If you love life in the US then why are you on this forum?
Favorite yick quote: "You are not my mate".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: America offers you NOTHING unless you live to work as a workaholic. So why stay there?!

Post by MrMan »

kangarunner wrote:
April 2nd, 2023, 2:02 pm
MrMan wrote:

I like to eat out with family or friends. That is an activity done worldwide to socialize, relax, and have fun.

You could also hike, hunt, fish. The US has a lot to offer for outdoor activities.
This is a real question. Why are you here? People come to this forum because theyre sick and tired of America and are looking for a way out of that miserable, vapid, live to be a work slave void.

Your above paragraph is something a normie would say. Not someone who is happier abroad outside of America.

And what you said above doesnt make sense. Consumerism is not culture.

If you love life in the US then why are you on this forum?
Have you bought the forum? Are you the owner now? I've been here since around 2014. How long have you been here? The name is Happier Abroad, not the pessimists' forum.

I've spent about 13 years of my life living overseas. I've lived in South Korea and Indonesia, and I've also been to Japan, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, and Australia.... and briefly to Mexico. I met my wife overseas. Is there a rule that posters have to be angry complaining why pessimist non'normies'?
Winston
Site Admin

Re: America offers NOTHING except Work, Shopping, & Social Isolation. So why stay there?!

Post by Winston »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
April 1st, 2023, 11:04 am
Winston wrote:
April 1st, 2023, 10:39 am
Btw @MrMan even if u do have fun and friends and good times and sex and romance in America, that doesn't mean that any average person can walk into america and get those things naturally. Come on. Everyone knows that.
I dunno my cousin who isn't particularly handsome went to America nad pretty much instantly got a girlfriend who was pretty cute. Fast forward ten years and they're married and have a bunch of kids. It happens. I'm not saying it happens to everyone, but it can happen and frequently does. There's some major dorks even with pretty cute girlfriends. Maybe they're rich or unusually socially savvy, I dunno. But, it's not unheard of, is it? I mean Winston you got cousins in America who got wives and have families.
Well I told you before many time MZ that pretty much everything is scripted in this reality. Ancient people all believed that and didn't believe in free will or free choice. Even the Bible never mentions free will. It's an invention of modern people. If something isn't meant to be and you try to make it to be, everything will go against you. You will always feel like you are against the grain and flow. That's what I've noticed. If you are meant to settle in America and have a wife, it will happen, not because of your looks or money or status. Surface things don't create relationships.

However, what I said it still true. If you go to Las Vegas you will see that everyone is super cold and afraid to talk to strangers and you will feel like a creep and violator if you try to talk to anyone. You can feel it to the bone and in your nerves. I would not say this if it wasn't true. On nextdoor.com 90 percent of normies there agreed with me about Las Vegas. What does that tell you?

Also since American women are SUPER picky and antisocial, if you aren't their type and one of the small percentage of guys they go for, the dating scene is a NO WIN situation no matter what you do. It's a dead end. Everything is against you. The universe is also an asshole sometimes too. We all know that. It shuts some people out of the dating scene and gives them no choice in the matter. If you are one of those that American women aren't attracted to then you could meet 1000 American women and all of them will tell you that you aren't their type. It's a no win scenario even if you are positive and confidence. No joke. Eventually you realize that there's no reward for any effort you put in.

For sure the universe can be an asshole. It's not all love and light like New Agers imagine.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MrMan wrote:
I'd imagine that chrap whoremongering you talk about doesn't seem cheap to local men who make $200 a month. And that's not a qualiry lifestyle.

As for a dating scene, I am a middle aged married man who met his wife in Asia in the late 90s. Marriage rates have dropped, about 53% of the population is married. Gay married does not count but they were just over 1% I read. Half of marriages last 20 years. That's still a lot of people. Some of the nonmarrieds do serial shacking up.

You roamed around the world meeting women, had a child, so you aren't prime marriage and relationship material from a looks and youth perspective (and I wouldn't be.) Maybe from status, wealth etc.

But I know high schoolers who have boyfriends, girlfriens. Nowadays the girl might say she's bi or something nasty like that. But in spite of that there still is a dating culture.

I told you, it doesn't matter what YOUR personal life is like. You could be the luckiest guy in the world and it would not debunk my main points above. My main point is that any random average guy cannot just walk into America and get love, fun, romance, sex, good times, friends, etc. These things do NOT come naturally at all. If they don't and you try to get them, you will feel like a creep and pervert and people will call you "pushy" etc. Because if things don't happen naturally then you have no choice but to try to force them, and at that point you will seem like a loser or creep for forcing things that don't come naturally. Things either come naturally or they don't. You can't make them happen if the universe doesn't allow them to happen. This is common sense. Do you see the bigger picture?

Of course you can hike and enjoy the outdoors in America. America has beautiful nature and national parks. However, as I said before, America can't take credit for that, since God or Mother Nature created that. Remember? Why do I have to repeat everything to you? Why are Christians so narrow minded?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: America offers NOTHING except Work, Shopping, & Social Isolation. So why stay there?!

Post by Winston »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
April 2nd, 2023, 12:02 pm
Space Invaders wrote:
April 2nd, 2023, 11:43 am
How can someone fail to understand something so basic, so elementary? Are you just trolling the forum with the same inane questions? Do you honestly think that you are an attractive person? Surely you can't be serious. Women disregard 85% of men. Do you really think you fall within the top 15%?
Yes, that's the hilarious thing about @Winston he truly believes he's an attractive guy because some Filipinas and some Chinese chicks told him that in the past lol. :lol:
Some Americans have complimented my looks too, including no nonsense Jewish New Yorkers that are very blunt. Tiffany said I look cute too.

I told you before, ONLY UGLY MEN try to call me ugly, because it takes one to know one. Handsome men like Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt would never call me ugly, because as beautiful men they will try to see the beauty in others. Beautiful people will try to see the beauty in me. Only ugly guys try to see the ugliness in me. That speaks volumes about @Space Invaders of course.

Space Invaders
Freshman Poster

Post by Space Invaders »

Winston wrote:
April 2nd, 2023, 6:51 pm
MarcosZeitola wrote:
April 2nd, 2023, 12:02 pm
Space Invaders wrote:
How can someone fail to understand something so basic, so elementary? Are you just trolling the forum with the same inane questions? Do you honestly think that you are an attractive person? Surely you can't be serious. Women disregard 85% of men. Do you really think you fall within the top 15%?
Yes, that's the hilarious thing about @Winston he truly believes he's an attractive guy because some Filipinas and some Chinese chicks told him that in the past lol. :lol:
Some Americans have complimented my looks too, including no nonsense Jewish New Yorkers that are very blunt. Tiffany said I look cute too.

I told you before, ONLY UGLY MEN try to call me ugly, because it takes one to know one. Handsome men like Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt would never call me ugly, because as beautiful men they will try to see the beauty in others. Beautiful people will try to see the beauty in me. Only ugly guys try to see the ugliness in me. That speaks volumes about @Space Invaders of course.
You are somewhat of a public figure and many people have commented on your looks online-NEGATIVELY. I don't say it's your fault that you're ugly, just that you are. Women will notice and automatically put you on ignore. That's just the way it goes.

"Some Americans have complimented my looks too, including no nonsense Jewish New Yorkers that are very blunt. Tiffany said I look cute too."
I don't believe you.

Anyway, I know you keep posting the same questions in an attempt to keep forum conversation going. I just figure with all the time you have, I mean it's not like you have a job, that you would come up with some new material.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

Winston wrote:
April 2nd, 2023, 6:49 pm
MrMan wrote:
I'd imagine that chrap whoremongering you talk about doesn't seem cheap to local men who make $200 a month. And that's not a qualiry lifestyle.

As for a dating scene, I am a middle aged married man who met his wife in Asia in the late 90s. Marriage rates have dropped, about 53% of the population is married. Gay married does not count but they were just over 1% I read. Half of marriages last 20 years. That's still a lot of people. Some of the nonmarrieds do serial shacking up.

You roamed around the world meeting women, had a child, so you aren't prime marriage and relationship material from a looks and youth perspective (and I wouldn't be.) Maybe from status, wealth etc.

But I know high schoolers who have boyfriends, girlfriens. Nowadays the girl might say she's bi or something nasty like that. But in spite of that there still is a dating culture.

I told you, it doesn't matter what YOUR personal life is like. You could be the luckiest guy in the world and it would not debunk my main points above. My main point is that any random average guy cannot just walk into America and get love, fun, romance, sex, good times, friends, etc. These things do NOT come naturally at all. If they don't and you try to get them, you will feel like a creep and pervert and people will call you "pushy" etc. Because if things don't happen naturally then you have no choice but to try to force them, and at that point you will seem like a loser or creep for forcing things that don't come naturally. Things either come naturally or they don't. You can't make them happen if the universe doesn't allow them to happen. This is common sense. Do you see the bigger picture?

Of course you can hike and enjoy the outdoors in America. America has beautiful nature and national parks. However, as I said before, America can't take credit for that, since God or Mother Nature created that. Remember? Why do I have to repeat everything to you? Why are Christians so narrow minded?
I definitely agree that it does not come naturally for most people in America. Depending on the area you are in, there are varying levels of success. I found that the Southern US states are, by leaps and bounds, far easier then trying to find a girlfriend in college. That being said, in the South, you still have to put forth a decent bit of effort. I think finding a good girlfriend on the West Coast or the Northeastern states is damn near impossible. In states like Florida, I think its easy to get a girlfriend initially, even easier then it is in the true Southern states, but it is really hard to successfully hold onto her.

Having grown up in the South, I've seen plenty of people live successful married lives. I know several families whom, neither partner had an affair, they never got divorced, and seem happily married into their 60s. All of my cousins who are in their 30s and 40s now married a long time ago and have had very stable married lives so far. My own parents were a great example for me. My girlfriend's parents also have remained happily married with no affairs or close calls with divorce as well and they are well into their 60s.

It is not impossible to find a good wife in America, but you have to understand the qualities of a good wife, and become the kind of man that a good woman is looking for. Many people on this forum refuse to do that.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
April 2nd, 2023, 6:49 pm
MrMan wrote:

I read this and I think of a lecture I heard from a professor years back, that said that said research along the lines that certain factors predicted happiness. Two of the factors were internal locus of control and belief in God. You seem to have an external locus of control, that the universe is pushing you around and not letting you have love or friendship.

America is also a diverse place. Is most of your experience in southern California? I live in the southern United States here. It doesn't seem that unfriendly around her. Your speaking broadly about all of America. I went to Sacramento last year, and had a friendly conversation with a Latino dude at the hotel/pool area. Another friend my wife and I had made lived in rural Northern California.

I make friends at church. I've joined a small group. My wife is a social butterfly type and she makes friends and I get to know them, and their male relatives and stuff, while she talks with the women. I'm not experiencing a social desert. I don't know what life would be like socially if I weren't married and didn't go to church, and if I lived in a less friendly part of the country. I still get a lot of my social interaction through my family. A lot of men my age don't spend a lot of time just hanging out with male friends. If it weren't for my wife, I might not have a lot of them. I do talk on the phone with an old friend every few months, who incidentally lives in Southern California.

I also pursued a different route in life. I looked for a wife when I was relatively young, and I was very selective. I did meet her in Indonesia. I do think it is easier to find a wife there in some ways than in the US. I found someone I connected with well. I didn't sleep around. If I had and I'd gotten someone pregnant, I might have married her, and if we didn't connect that well, find fulfillment through regular friendships with people. You've made certain life choices, going around travelling and getting to know many different women, and now you are middle aged, like I am, but you didn't get set up with a family. But isn't that partly through your own choices and what you prioritized in life?

In posts like this, you talk about no friendships in the US, but in other posts, you post pictures of friends, like a woman you met at a Unity Church... in the US... that you hung out with quite a bit.

If it really is impossible for average men to make friends in the US, and they all want friends, then the average men would meet each other and make friends, right? The bulk of the population of average men don't want friends, then the small subset of the population who doesn't want them might have difficulty finding friends.
You move the goalpost in the conversation... then accuse me of being narrow-minded. What does what you are talking about have to do with me being a Christian?
Space Invaders
Freshman Poster

Post by Space Invaders »

Cornfed wrote:
April 2nd, 2023, 12:56 pm
Space Invaders wrote:
April 2nd, 2023, 12:50 pm
Cornfed wrote:
April 2nd, 2023, 12:01 pm
Space Invaders wrote:
America is built for men of talent and ambition.
You've never heard of affirmative action then.
I'm Asian American. I am well acquainted with affirmative action. I am a victim of it. That said, a black/brown person still needs to be ambitious enough to take advantage of the opportunities presented to him.
I guess s/he needs to put on clothes, turn up somewhere and be handed stuff, if that's what you mean. So presumably this makes America good for partially excluding subhumans with no agency at all, along with actual talented men. Woo hoo, USA USA.
Being angry at others who have it better than you does nothing to improve your situation. You're too old to be an angry man.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Space Invaders wrote:
April 3rd, 2023, 12:34 pm
Cornfed wrote:
Space Invaders wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
Space Invaders wrote:
America is built for men of talent and ambition.
I'm Asian American. I am well acquainted with affirmative action. I am a victim of it. That said, a black/brown person still needs to be ambitious enough to take advantage of the opportunities presented to him.
I guess s/he needs to put on clothes, turn up somewhere and be handed stuff, if that's what you mean. So presumably this makes America good for partially excluding subhumans with no agency at all, along with actual talented men. Woo hoo, USA USA.
Being angry at others who have it better than you does nothing to improve your situation. You're too old to be an angry man.
It seems you have no argument to put forward so you are behaving like a silly woman. Are you a woman or just a silly man with no testosterone who may as well be a woman?
GerardButler
Freshman Poster

Post by GerardButler »

Cornfed wrote:
April 3rd, 2023, 12:37 pm
Space Invaders wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
Space Invaders wrote:
Cornfed wrote:

It seems you have no argument to put forward so you are behaving like a silly woman. Are you a woman or just a silly man with no testosterone who may as well be a woman?
When there is evidence that "white" people are not losing jobs or college admissions positions as a result of affirmative action, nobody wants to engage in a pointless argument with a useless, whiny half-wit. In states that have banned the consideration of race in college admissions, such as California and Michigan, white enrollment at highly competitive institutions did not increase after the bans were enacted. In addition, college admission to top schools is largely based on the ability to pay for test-prep or paid application essay "help," not to mention the correlation between family wealth and the quality of high school one attends, or legacy preferences -- which favor wealthy applicants who are typically white or, in some cases, Asian.

Anyway, there are so many positions and opportunities in the United States for almost anyone that affirmative action has no effect on anyone's success. Why do you consistently get fundamental facts about America wrong? Stick to New Zealand or your country of origin.
I am an absolute visionary and a philosopher king :wink:
Space Invaders
Freshman Poster

Post by Space Invaders »

GerardButler wrote:
April 3rd, 2023, 3:15 pm
Cornfed wrote:
April 3rd, 2023, 12:37 pm
Space Invaders wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
Space Invaders wrote:

When there is evidence that "white" people are not losing jobs or college admissions positions as a result of affirmative action, nobody wants to engage in a pointless argument with a useless, whiny half-wit. In states that have banned the consideration of race in college admissions, such as California and Michigan, white enrollment at highly competitive institutions did not increase after the bans were enacted. In addition, college admission to top schools is largely based on the ability to pay for test-prep or paid application essay "help," not to mention the correlation between family wealth and the quality of high school one attends, or legacy preferences -- which favor wealthy applicants who are typically white or, in some cases, Asian.

Anyway, there are so many positions and opportunities in the United States for almost anyone that affirmative action has no effect on anyone's success. Why do you consistently get fundamental facts about America wrong? Stick to New Zealand or your country of origin.
This guy cornball and the Chinese poop bear suffer from the same malady. Delusions of grandeur. Dude, life isn't fair. Some people get all the breaks, others get none.

I used to be like you and Winston. Always complaining, always pointing the finger at other people. All that energy expended but nothing changed. At some point, rehashing the same useless points over and over again just gets annoying.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Space Invaders wrote:
April 3rd, 2023, 4:08 pm
This guy cornball and the Chinese poop bear suffer from the same malady. Delusions of grandeur. Dude, life isn't fair. Some people get all the breaks, others get none.
You seem to have lost to plot and not have the ability to fucus on a point of discussion. The point you made was that America was geared towards people of talent, which is silly. The fact that affirmative action is a thing at all proves this is not the case. Hence the point you made is wrong, QED. Of course there are many other things that prove your silly point is wrong. It is very simple. You are now talking about irrelevant things such as life not being fair, as if that has any bearing on anything. Maybe you could get someone at your end to help you with your posts so you don't further embarrass yourself.
GerardButler
Freshman Poster

Post by GerardButler »

Cornfed wrote:
April 3rd, 2023, 4:25 pm
Space Invaders wrote:
April 3rd, 2023, 4:08 pm
You seem to have lost to plot and not have the ability to fucus on a point of discussion. The point you made was that America was geared towards people of talent, which is silly. The fact that affirmative action is a thing at all proves this is not the case. Hence the point you made is wrong, QED. Of course there are many other things that prove your silly point is wrong. It is very simple. You are now talking about irrelevant things such as life not being fair, as if that has any bearing on anything. Maybe you could get someone at your end to help you with your posts so you don't further embarrass yourself.
Lol, I like how you conveniently omitted the fact that "white" people or anyone else are not losing employment or college admissions positions due to affirmative action, and that if you had talent, you WOULD be in demand. You are plainly insane if you insist on reiterating something that has already been disproven.
I am an absolute visionary and a philosopher king :wink:
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

GerardButler wrote:
April 3rd, 2023, 4:42 pm
Lol, I like how you conveniently omitted the fact that "white" people or anyone else are not losing employment or college admissions positions due to affirmative action, and that if you had talent, you WOULD be in demand. You are plainly insane if you insist on reiterating something that has already been disproven.
If white people weren't losing employment because of affirmative action, there would be no affirmative action.