Banning and Warning Announcements

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Banning and Warning Announcements

Post by publicduende »

WilliamSmith wrote:
July 23rd, 2023, 4:46 pm
Dang, looked it up and looks like you're right! I thought the added "h" somehow added more strength to the word, but I must have been thinking of these "whomps" that fall on you in Super Mario Brothers. "Wop," hmmm, it isn't bad but somehow just doesn't have the same appeal to it.
Calling an Italian a "wop" is like calling a Jew a "kike" or a Malaysian/Vietnamese/Filipino as "gook". Old-fashioned yet still rude-ish. Not that I care too much, though...

Funnily enough, the slur comes from the Neapolitan dialect from "guapp", which simply means "(young) dude" and doesn't carry any derogatory meaning.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

publicduende wrote:
July 24th, 2023, 1:51 pm
WilliamSmith wrote:
July 23rd, 2023, 4:46 pm
Dang, looked it up and looks like you're right! I thought the added "h" somehow added more strength to the word, but I must have been thinking of these "whomps" that fall on you in Super Mario Brothers. "Wop," hmmm, it isn't bad but somehow just doesn't have the same appeal to it.
Calling an Italian a "wop" is like calling a Jew a "kike" or a Malaysian/Vietnamese/Filipino as "gook". Old-fashioned yet still rude-ish. Not that I care too much, though...

Funnily enough, the slur comes from the Neapolitan dialect from "guapp", which simply means "(young) dude" and doesn't carry any derogatory meaning.
I'd never even heard the word "wop" before and didn't know what William meant by the term. Lol!

So I looked up its etymology and discovered that the Neapolitan dialect word "guapp" actually comes from the Spanish word "guapo" which means "handsome". 8)

Yeah, Italians are generally handsome, certainly more often so than Anglos and especially uncouth redneck USicans. Lol! "Wop" hardly serves as an insult at all given its curious etymology! :lol:
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

WilliamSmith wrote:
July 19th, 2023, 5:50 pm
HouseMD wrote:
June 7th, 2023, 5:17 pm
Pixel--Dude wrote:
May 8th, 2023, 7:01 am
Am I supposed to care about your personal opinion? Seems like you and others get a kick out of bullying others and causing petty drama. I can't see why you and Voyager can't just come on here to talk about other stuff. Instead you both only come here to take cheap shots at Tsar. If it wasn't him it would just be someone else. So long as Tsar follows the rules his life is none of your business, nor mine.
I've been here for like a billion years at this point and have only taken issue with Cornfed and Tsar. The former I regard as a lost cause and don't really interact with much, but I have felt it imperative in the past that anyone stumbling across this forum be aware that Tsar is not representative of the average member through replying to his threads
Yeah, MouseSTD is like HA's American Psycho or Robbie from Dirty Dancing: Always here to tub-thump about his exalted superiority despite the fact that most of his posts are spent wasting his own time bullying eccentric personalities like @Tsar and @Cornfed , trying to tell me that faggot kike Senator Scott Wiener legalizing pedophilia in California is supposedly perfectly fine (FYI, no it's not), not to mention assuring us he has top-secret high-level member-only documents that we're not allowed to see explaining to us why we should all have taken the jew vaccine. Trust the experts? :roll:

@gsjackson, maybe I'm wrong since I'm a newer member. Does MouseSTD have hidden depths that he's revealed over the years that some of us are unaware of? :o
I would engage but it's challenging to have a battle of wits with the unarmed
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

viewtopic.php?style=1&f=1&t=49036

I was thinking PAG + sockpuppets are banned to post his nonsense in this forum.

BTW, is his new avatar allowed?
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Yohan wrote:
July 26th, 2023, 11:56 pm
viewtopic.php?style=1&f=1&t=49036

I was thinking PAG + sockpuppets are banned to post his nonsense in this forum.

BTW, is his new avatar allowed?
I banned him for 7 days, but didn't explicitly say he couldn't come back. He was banned for threatening publicduende or something like that. It was out of order.

I'm going to see if I can remove that avatar with the moderator panel.

Funny how I banned @CaptainSkelebob and now PAG is back... :|
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

publicduende wrote:
Calling an Italian a "wop" is like calling a Jew a "kike" or a Malaysian/Vietnamese/Filipino as "gook".
🎯🎯🎯
Exactly! :D
Which explains why I called them that.
Though rest assured you won't hear me calling any Vietnamese "gooks" since I love that country and those people more than any other besides Cantonese and Japan (even though I don't want to poach any of their little yappy chicks anymore for this lifetime, LOL).
publicduende wrote:
@publicduende
LOL, wow, neat, I was wondering where that term came from after I started using it lately.
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

WilliamSmith wrote:
July 31st, 2023, 7:57 pm
@publicduende
LOL, wow, neat, I was wondering where that term came from after I started using it lately.
My suggestion would be, don't use them to everyone, indiscriminately. I personally can't care less, but a FIlipino, Malaysian or Jew might.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Permanent ban issued to @My life is garbage and any future incarnations of the cancerous tumour of a human being that is creating these trolls. You keep 'em coming Mercer and I'll keep on banning you. :lol:
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
August 1st, 2023, 9:16 am
Permanent ban issued to @My life is garbage and any future incarnations of the cancerous tumour of a human being that is creating these trolls. You keep 'em coming Mercer and I'll keep on banning you. :lol:
Oh well, R.I.P my life is garbage. :lol: Sayonera~!
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

One thing I don't understand is why these trolls keep pissing off the mods and get their selves banned?
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

@Natural_Born_Cynic because they are stupid.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 6:52 am
@GerardButler is banned for 7 days for threats of violence against @publicduende this kind of behaviour, alongside libellous material against other users is unacceptable and an infraction against the rules of the forum.

GerardButler. When you come back from your 7 day ban you better drop this shit and grow up or the next ban will be permanent. This is the last warning.
@GerardButler I'm issuing a permanent ban on your account and any sockpuppet accounts you create to come back here. The reason for this is because since you have come back you've caused nothing but disruption, upsetting and offending other users in almost everything you post. You're only coming here to provoke people and potentially drive away members who just want to come here and have serious discussions.

Also, in a recent thread you posted you have used the image of another user's wife for the purpose of harassing them. I stated in the quoted message above that after threatening to have a hit squad attack another member that you would be on a final warning and now I've had enough of you.

I don't have anything against you personally, but you have just got to go. Please don't return here again.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

PAG was antagonizing forum members in that he as a black man has wealth and is able to get white women and that we are all losers and incels and unable to. He rubbed our noses in it.

He did however contribute some interesting insights that some members found valuable.

I don't understand why you have to permanently ban someone (unless it is a spammer). Isn't there a setting where you can put a user's posts on approval? In other words the moderator would have to approve the post before it goes live to the forum. Just like new members.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Voyager1 wrote:
August 5th, 2023, 7:30 am
PAG was antagonizing forum members in that he as a black man has wealth and is able to get white women and that we are all losers and incels and unable to. He rubbed our noses in it.

He did however contribute some interesting insights that some members found valuable.

I don't understand why you have to permanently ban someone (unless it is a spammer). Isn't there a setting where you can put a user's posts on approval? In other words the moderator would have to approve the post before it goes live to the forum. Just like new members.
Not just that. He was harassing certain members, derailing threads and bringing people's family into personal disputes. I've been getting lots of complaints about him.

Some people have to be permanently banned if they continuously break the rules and cause too much disruption. In the case of PAG he is a very disruptive member.

The thing that you're suggesting would be too impractical I think. Sometimes banning someone permanently is the best and only viable solution. If you think PAG should stay you can make an appeal for him if you like.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Voyager1 wrote:
August 5th, 2023, 7:30 am

Dude he wrote why he did it. The guy was garbage why the f**k would you defend him? Finally the forum is clean.