A thought experiment, using money & passage of time

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

A thought experiment, using money & passage of time

Post by S_Parc »

Hello fellows,

I've been doing some thinking and in particular, I've been thinking about the whole living the USA: making a mint on 'Wall St' or some other big sales biz and then it had me thinking ...

If many of us became independently wealthy, meaning earning $300K-$1M from our portfolios and free to do whatever we like, how many of us would simply live the good olde decadent life?

Here's what I mean, for the most part, we're pre-conditioned to marry our high school or college sweethearts, get a job, settle down, and have a family before 30. Well ... that Ozzy & Harriet fantasy ended sometime during New Wave or Punk Rock.

So now, we've basically tossed a cultural ideology and look to settling with a foreign lady in { Brazil, Russia, Thailand, etc }. But then again, since we'd been through a lot of jazz, why not simply be free and have the life of a rich bachelor & completely ditch the fantasy of being settled.

I guess this is in tune with 'Fool me once, shame on you. Twice, well, it's no one's fault but my mine'

And in this case, it's the whole concept of being settled down.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

@ S_parc Every time i see your pic i think of your time machine. whenever you post something. i can here Doc Browne talking to me. :lol:
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

ssjparris wrote:@ S_parc Every time i see your pic i think of your time machine. whenever you post something. i can here Doc Browne talking to me. :lol:
The inner me is a mad scientist :P !

That's why I like it, as an Avatar, because although I appear normal on the outside, the inside is quite eccentric!

Also, it's another reason why I want to be independently wealthy is because if I do become a mad scientist, later on down the road during retirement, I want to actually be able to pay for my own experiments 8)
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

In answer to your question, it comes down to wether or no you want kids, grandkids and have a big family all sitting around a table eating together, or if you want to be that guy who is 70+ putting around with young girls in the third world.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Sexter
Freshman Poster

Re: A thought experiment, using money & passage of time

Post by Sexter »

S_Parc wrote:Hello fellows,

I've been doing some thinking and in particular, I've been thinking about the whole living the USA: making a mint on 'Wall St' or some other big sales biz and then it had me thinking ...

If many of us became independently wealthy, meaning earning $300K-$1M from our portfolios and free to do whatever we like, how many of us would simply live the good olde decadent life?

Here's what I mean, for the most part, we're pre-conditioned to marry our high school or college sweethearts, get a job, settle down, and have a family before 30. Well ... that Ozzy & Harriet fantasy ended sometime during New Wave or Punk Rock.

So now, we've basically tossed a cultural ideology and look to settling with a foreign lady in { Brazil, Russia, Thailand, etc }. But then again, since we'd been through a lot of jazz, why not simply be free and have the life of a rich bachelor & completely ditch the fantasy of being settled.

I guess this is in tune with 'Fool me once, shame on you. Twice, well, it's no one's fault but my mine'

And in this case, it's the whole concept of being settled down.
haha man i wish I could have 300k+$ any given time, i could use that money to travel and meet exotic women.

As a matter of fact, when you say "tossed a cultural idealogy and look to settling with a foreign lady" A lot of people don't think outside the box. They just settle for whoever they meet In america. Not many people will go out of their way to date/marry a foreign women.

IT also is subjective on age. I'm in my mid 20s and I don't want to settle down any time soon despite having a lot of money. Hell, even if I'm in my mid 30s, i still won't settle down. This isn't the 1980s or 1970s where it's socially accepted to settle down at a certain age. Social conditioning got us to think this way. Every person is different. Some people choose to settle down early, some ppl don't.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Re: A thought experiment, using money & passage of time

Post by S_Parc »

Terrence wrote:In answer to your question, it comes down to wether or no you want kids, grandkids and have a big family all sitting around a table eating together, or if you want to be that guy who is 70+ putting around with young girls in the third world.
Yes, that's the usual scenario (ala how David Carradine allegedly passed on) but what about that 70-something, who's a writer, scientist, hangs w/ the Buddhist monks (see Cambodia/Thailand/Sri Lanka), and periodically has a fling with a 30/40-something woman, ala Arthur C Clarke http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_C._Clarke
Sexter wrote:haha man i wish I could have 300k+$ any given time, i could use that money to travel and meet exotic women.

As a matter of fact, when you say "tossed a cultural idealogy and look to settling with a foreign lady" A lot of people don't think outside the box. They just settle for whoever they meet In america. Not many people will go out of their way to date/marry a foreign women.

IT also is subjective on age. I'm in my mid 20s and I don't want to settle down any time soon despite having a lot of money. Hell, even if I'm in my mid 30s, i still won't settle down. This isn't the 1980s or 1970s where it's socially accepted to settle down at a certain age. Social conditioning got us to think this way. Every person is different. Some people choose to settle down early, some ppl don't.
Another angle is that some people see a few happy grandparent couples and then, look for the least resistance to that goal. The problem, of course, is that that's the Great Depression/WWII generation. I'm sure that in the process of forgetting the major events of the 20th century, a quiet home life was a way to that goal for those generations. Today, that motif may not even apply.

So instead of reaching for the happy large, extended "Catholic/Eastern Orthodox" households, or even the smaller ones, what about calling *Emperor has no clothes* on the modern nuclear family and opt for the free single life, esp when one's got that kind of bank roll and doesn't have to work for "the man".
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

The reason you do not want to settle down is that there are no gorgeous women around where you are to fall in love with. And if there are any, they are spoken for. Falling in love is not something easily controlled and once you do, you want to be with that person all the time. For example, if you were in Russia in your twenties, you would be in that situation and you would naturally just fall into the family mode by simply not being able to resist the company of that special lady. You would just be sucked into the love vortex from which it is hard to extricate yourself- the gravitational pull is just too strong. Especially when you are in your twenties, the natural urges just overcome you, but in the US they do not find response in the environment so there is nothing for them to lock into.
It is liberating in some ways as you can devote your life to many other things. But the sweet pain of falling in love and the unearthly feelings of attraction are not easily ignored if the opportunities are there.
I spent many years in red light districts of SE Asia, and play for pay gets so boring after a while that you no longer want it- you want something more meaningful. Banging hoes gets old to the point where you can no longer get it up with one- it is too mechanical and devoid of feelings. And after 200-300 hoes, it becomes a drag. You want to read a book. Or fall in love again. Or meet many young ladies and do something to their lives with advice etc.
Life always wants to find greater expression and new horizons.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

ladislav wrote:The reason you do not want to settle down is that there are no gorgeous women around where you are to fall in love with. And if there are any, they are spoken for. Falling in love is not something easily controlled and once you do, you want to be with that person all the time. For example, if you were in Russia in your twenties, you would be in that situation and you would naturally just fall into the family mode by simply not being able to resist the company of that special lady. You would just be sucked into the love vortex from which it is hard to extricate yourself- the gravitational pull is just too strong. Especially when you are in your twenties, the natural urges just overcome you, but in the US they do not find response in the environment so there is nothing for them to lock into.
I guess that's why it's a thought experiment and you do bring up an interesting point & that's age. So while I'd met FWs, from ages 24-30, as soon as I hit the big 30, I stopped believing in that universal vortex between a man and a woman. Thus, beauty and moderate intrigue are no longer enough nor is the idea of belonging to a clan.

ladislav wrote:I spent many years in red light districts of SE Asia, and play for pay gets so boring after a while that you no longer want it- you want something more meaningful. Banging hoes gets old to the point where you can no longer get it up with one- it is too mechanical and devoid of feelings. And after 200-300 hoes, it becomes a drag. You want to read a book. Or fall in love again. Or meet many young ladies and do something to their lives with advice etc. Life always wants to find greater expression and new horizons.
Well, I think the idea here is 'Hoes in moderation. There's no need to simply burn the *2nd chakra* energy field to oblivion.

And I do know a number of non-professional ladies and really, they don't inspire me to be better than what I am now, granted, they're nice persons.