What is the verdict on Chinese women? Dominant or Submissive

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

What is the verdict on Chinese women? Dominant or Submissive

Post by Adama »

The rumor in this country is that Chinese women are extremely submissive. Then you have a few dissenting voices who say the opposite is in fact true, that they are domineering and obnoxious.

What is the truth of the matter?

Thanks.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

There's 600 million plus Chinese women in the world I don't think you can peg them either way. It's variable but i'd say Chinese women raised in conservative traditional Chinese society tend to be domineering once they are comfortable in their role as wife or mother.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Repatriate wrote:Chinese women raised in conservative traditional Chinese society tend to be domineering once they are comfortable in their role as wife or mother.
+1^ I agree.

From what I have been told from Chinese men, in their culture, the mother (or eldest woman) runs the household (often times aggressively) while the men run everything else outside the household.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

My only girl friend was chinese, she didn't seem dominating at all, though I can't recall what part of china she grew up on.

I know her dad left her mother, so she had major issues trusting men.

Ironically she dumped me because her step dad told her to stop dating the white demon, go figure on the "trust" issue.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

It depends.

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Those videos look staged. If someone drove a car inside a dealership like that in China they would find themselves in jail with serious fines pretty quickly.

I've never seen behavior that bad with Chinese girls and I have the inside track on such things. :lol:
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

The ones I talk to are submissive.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Chinese women are anything but submissive and the wealthier they are the worse their personality is. However, there not all the same, maybe 1 out of 10 or 1 out of 20 is easy to cope with. You might have to meet many Chinese women just to find one that doesn't drive you insane. Shanghai women are the worst of them all and Chinese men know this but most foreigners don't .
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

The two I talk to have this criteria:

1. She owns her own clothing line. She lives in Shanghai.

2. The other one is going to school to be a lawyer. She lives in Shenzhen.

They are sweet as can be. Ask me how I am doing and check up on me from time to time. Good girls.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Phoenix Sosa wrote:The ones I talk to are submissive.
Couldn't it be that they just act submissive to lure you in at first? Then later, their real personality shows?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Growing up in a Taiwanese family, I know better than to think that most Taiwanese / Chinese women are submissive. They can be very domineering and even obnoxious, especially when not in public. Time and again, I've seen Chinese husbands being driven around by their wives. The more well-to-do they are, the more this is likely to happen.

With many Asian and Latina women, expect them to be strong-willed. However, unlike American women, they will still stay in traditional gender roles and show their partners a lot of respect (while still being strong-willed in many ways).

"Dominant or submissive" does not have any simple answers. Women can be very dominant in one domain (raising children, for example) but not in another (say, finances).
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Thats because your not married to them. It's standard Chinese practice for the husband to hand over his paycheck to his wife on payday, no exceptions. Also, nagging your husband, 24/7 is considered normal in China.
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

Winston wrote:
Couldn't it be that they just act submissive to lure you in at first? Then later, their real personality shows?
I don't think so. They haven't shown any signs of that type of behavior. They have been the same since I met them. Both of them found me, not the other way around. It's been positive. I don't see any difference talking to them than I do with other women from other countries. They're sweethearts. I would date both in a heartbeat. Just my experience.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Repatriate wrote:I've never seen behavior that bad with Chinese girls and I have the inside track on such things. :lol:
Well, I have. :? I'm serious - Earlier in my life, I've seen middle-aged Chinese moms go berserk like that.

Such behavior can happen with women of any ethnicity or race. But still, most Chinese girls will not behave anything like that. I've had very positive experiences with many Chinese girls.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Phoenix Sosa

You say both these women found you. Ding Ding ding.. ..maybe Winston is somewhat right. From my experience sometimes women hand pick that men and act in way to get the man. And once that man is addicted to that woman. She controls him and manipulate him.

Just saying....