Why do white girls love Korea?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Ned Zeppelin
Freshman Poster

Why do white girls love Korea?

Post by Ned Zeppelin »

I was browsing interpals an I have been noticing that almost all of the white chicks on the site are obsessed with Korea. Whether it is kpop, manga, or the culture in general, these girls seem to really like it. My question is why?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

pete98146
Experienced Poster

Re: Why do white girls love Korea?

Post by pete98146 »

Ned Zeppelin wrote:I was browsing interpals an I have been noticing that almost all of the white chicks on the site are obsessed with Korea. Whether it is kpop, manga, or the culture in general, these girls seem to really like it. My question is why?
A few of my wife's friends are into the Korean soap operas. That would be my guess. But if any of them ever spent more than 5 minutes on Korean soil they'd melt like the Wicked Witch in Wizard of Oz.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why do white girls love Korea?

Post by momopi »

Ned Zeppelin wrote:I was browsing interpals an I have been noticing that almost all of the white chicks on the site are obsessed with Korea. Whether it is kpop, manga, or the culture in general, these girls seem to really like it. My question is why?
Korean manga doesn't have a large audience outside of Korea, most of the manga exports are from Japan.

I have one white/hispanic coworker here who, after graduating from UC Irvine, went to S. Korea to teach English. She grew up in CA and had never left the States, so she wanted an adventure. Plus her BF in college was Korean. Eventually she moved back to the States and got a job as an engineer. I asked her why she choose SK and not Japan, and she replied that she preferred Korean men over Japanese.

Personally, I can be a K-Drama junkie from time to time. Just finished watching City Hunter K-Drama (adopted from Japanese manga). IMO the whole show is a commercial for Apple products, which is ironic considering Samsung's position. LoL.
Last edited by momopi on July 8th, 2012, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maker55
Junior Poster

Post by Maker55 »

Many western women are intrigued by the possibility of "Korean Romances" that you see in Korean television.

I also have an account on Interpals.

A lot of western women are drawn to the Korean language.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Are these women living in Korea? I know that most of the ESL teachers in Korea are white women, making the big bucks. These women make money in Korea but as long as they stay there they'll never have a bun in their oven.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Yeah I also think that because SK is the most feminized Asian country, with Singapore running a hard second, and possibly Japan a hard third place, and it's the most [western] Christianized Asian country. Go figure.

White women go where their spoiled asses would get away with the most and/or where they aren't as "oppressed" (i.e. while overseas in places being ignored over FW). However, most of the time, they are by themselves in passing going their own merry way.

In addendum, It makes me sick when I see White women from Canada or the U.S. of Gay in places like Thailand and Colombia, they ignore me whether I'm cursing them out or whether I'm trying to lock eyes with them.

I'm telling you guys: North American and Aussie tourists are the most narcissistic assholes I have ever met in all the countries I have been to! And yes, I have been disrespected in Spanish in Chile before, but nowhere as bad as my so-called Anglosphere counterparts had done unto me.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

E_Irizarry wrote:I'm telling you guys: North American and Aussie tourists are the most narcissistic assholes I have ever met in all the countries I have been to! And yes, I have been disrespected in Spanish in Chile before, but nowhere as bad as my so-called Anglosphere counterparts had done unto me.
I noticed the same thing.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

E_Irizarry wrote:Yeah I also think that because SK is the most feminized Asian country, with Singapore running a hard second, and possibly Japan a hard third place, and it's the most [western] Christianized Asian country. Go figure.

White women go where their spoiled asses would get away with the most and/or where they aren't as "oppressed" (i.e. while overseas in places being ignored over FW). However, most of the time, they are by themselves in passing going their own merry way.

In addendum, It makes me sick when I see White women from Canada or the U.S. of Gay in places like Thailand and Colombia, they ignore me whether I'm cursing them out or whether I'm trying to lock eyes with them.

I'm telling you guys: North American and Aussie tourists are the most narcissistic assholes I have ever met in all the countries I have been to! And yes, I have been disrespected in Spanish in Chile before, but nowhere as bad as my so-called Anglosphere counterparts had done unto me.
FINALLY a realistic response to this topic!

To answer the question, my theory would be similar to what E_Izzy said: that white (American) women love Korea because it's just another free ride where these spoiled skanks can be overpaid and do little to nothing. Get paid to be flown overseas with no credentials and work with children and make more money than American males who bust their ass?

"Korea" is a nice way of saying "p***y pass". But you better believe any males interested in ESL in Korea won't have nearly as easy of a ride.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
Ned Zeppelin
Freshman Poster

Post by Ned Zeppelin »

My theory was that it was stemming from an asian boy fetish that is a result of manga addiction but what E irizarry said makes sense too.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

All_That_Is_Man wrote:
E_Irizarry wrote:Yeah I also think that because SK is the most feminized Asian country, with Singapore running a hard second, and possibly Japan a hard third place, and it's the most [western] Christianized Asian country. Go figure.

To answer the question, my theory would be similar to what E_Izzy said: that white (American) women love Korea because it's just another free ride where these spoiled skanks can be overpaid and do little to nothing. Get paid to be flown overseas with no credentials and work with children and make more money than American males who bust their ass?

"Korea" is a nice way of saying "p***y pass". But you better believe any males interested in ESL in Korea won't have nearly as easy of a ride.
Good points. You won't see many western women interested in countries with traditional gender roles where women are feminine and men don't take the kind of shit that Korean or American men put up with every day. Why would you want an 'old fashioned' man, when in America or Korea you can get a "bad boy", a metro-sexual "pretty boy", or a nerd, all of whom you can manipulate anyway you want.

As for people being interested in the country, remember that Korea now exports a lot of films, soap operas, music videos and other garbage. The Jews have ensured it is a regional propaganda powerhouse. And South Korean's superficial culture which loves plastic surgery fits in well with an image driven medium. The same way people who watch Hollywood films want to be American, people who watch French films want to be French and people who watch Japanese anime want to be Japanese. It's really not that complicated. In Arab countries Turkey is now popular because of soap operas. If Australia started exporting lots of flashy, mind-less crap, within a few years much of the youth around the world would want to be Australian. South Korea is very urbanized and the entertainment it exports undoubtedly glamourizes the big city (slave) lifestyle and everything that goes with it like mass-consumerism, detachment from reality and the resulting lower birth-rates from everyone being single.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Why are men concerned why women have interest in anybody other than "them" (White Men, Asian Men). You don't see Black Man asking about why Black Women are chasing after White Men.

We don't give a f**k, nana-nana-na-na. Black Men marrying White Women has double ever year since 1960.

Have a nice day.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

djfourmoney wrote:Why are men concerned why women have interest in anybody other than "them" (White Men, Asian Men). You don't see Black Man asking about why Black Women are chasing after White Men.

We don't give a f**k, nana-nana-na-na. Black Men marrying White Women has double ever year since 1960.

Have a nice day.
:lol: your avatar fits you well you mofo
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

odbo wrote:
All_That_Is_Man wrote:

White women go where their spoiled asses would get away with the most and/or where they aren't as "oppressed" (i.e. while overseas in places being ignored over FW). However, most of the time, they are by themselves in passing going their own merry way..........................

Good points. You won't see many western women interested in countries with traditional gender roles where women are feminine and men don't take the kind of shit that Korean or American men put up with every day. Why would you want an 'old fashioned' man, when in America or Korea you can get a "bad boy", a metro-sexual "pretty boy", or a nerd, all of whom you can manipulate anyway you want.
ATIM, Odbo, E_I, I disagree with all you guys. On the TV shows I've seen, the man is the boss, at least outwardly. And in the historical dramas, the man is planning war and chopping heads off. Did you guys think that maybe WW are drawn to something where men have balls and act like it? I'm not talking about androgynous K-pop. I'm talking about men as patriarchs, fathers, warlords.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Jester wrote:Did you guys think that maybe WW are drawn to something where men have balls and act like it? I'm not talking about androgynous K-pop. I'm talking about men as patriarchs, fathers, warlords.
If western girls into Korean pop-culture are attracted to the old fashioned misogynist/domestic abuser Korean man, then why are they not attracted to Middle Eastern or Eastern European men? Why do they dig the hairless, estrogen-rich pretty boy look (the western counterparts being androgynous bands like Tokyo Hotel). And why are most of these girls feminists? You're giving them way more credit than they deserve.

These are overwhelmingly brainless, consumerist, hive-mind hipsters with psychological issues. They grew up with all of the comforts of western civilization but many believe there is something wrong with western men (apparently not wimpy enough). That is why they're flocking to anime conventions and travelling to Korea/Japan. Though the [male & female] members are part of a sub-culture which is still probably outside of the mainstream, that doesn't change the fact that their lives are based on wasteful consumerism and material possessions and they have no originality. I'm not a fan of the style over substance entertainment now coming out of Asia nor the self-hating losers that it breeds.

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

odbo wrote:
Jester wrote:Did you guys think that maybe WW are drawn to something where men have balls and act like it? I'm not talking about androgynous K-pop. I'm talking about men as patriarchs, fathers, warlords.
If western girls into Korean pop-culture are attracted to the old fashioned misogynist/domestic abuser Korean man, then why are they not attracted to Middle Eastern or Eastern European men? Why do they dig the hairless, estrogen-rich pretty boy look (the western counterparts being androgynous bands like Tokyo Hotel). And why are most of these girls feminists? You're giving them way more credit than they deserve.
I'm not an expert by any means, it sounds like you know more about it than I. So I defer to your POV.... Sadly.

Let me just say, that having seen a different side, I personally don't see Koreans as pretty boys.

odbo wrote: These are overwhelmingly brainless, consumerist, hive-mind hipsters with psychological issues. They grew up with all of the comforts of western civilization but many believe there is something wrong with western men (apparently not wimpy enough).......
:lol: You write well.

odbo wrote:

Good idea. I'm going to take a look at the www.DeclarationEntertainment.com website.

Off-topic for this thread, but I was reading recently about Andy Garcia's new movie about Mexico:
http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/Andy-Garc ... eo/8686893
http://www.christianpost.com/news/andy- ... ilm-75714/

and I also liked his previous movie "Lost City", about Cuba:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0343996/

and then of course there is Mel Gibson's definitive rebuttal of anti-Catholic, anti-Spanish drivel, in "Apocalypto":
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0472043/

So anyway I heartily agree that we win or lose in the culture. And I will make a contribution to the moviemaker whose video you posted.
[/b][/i]