having kids with foreign women

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
ishwri
Freshman Poster

having kids with foreign women

Post by ishwri »

I read a thread on DR1 forum saying that it could be a benefit to have a child with women from overseas. Is it better to wait and have children with foreign women? Im 28 with no kids, I want to wait till my thirties and have a foreign woman, when im more established financially. What do you guys think? here is the thread:

http://www.dr1.com/forums/men-mars-wome ... ublic.html
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

There is a benefit to having kids in a foreign country.For example in Brazil if you have a kid there you can't be deported under any circumstance.They have to allow you to stay especially if you are married to the women(which i hope because even Brazil has child support laws).
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Explain, more established...

Here's why you can never be fully prepared. If you wait too long depending on where you get your wife from and how old she is, she might be too old to have children - http://myfuturebaby.com/fertility-clock ... ity-clock/

How long is it going to take you to "afford" children? Do you even know what number that is? Its safe to assume if you both work, you both can afford to have at least one child without suffering financially.

If you live pretty much anywhere but the United States, your wife will get paid maternity leave. You also will qualify for paid leave, so I don't know where you will suffer financially by having children, just have them when you're both ready to have them, no mystery there.

A smart woman who's your partner will know where she needs to tighten the family "belt" to afford a child.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Just to add IMHO and this will make Conservatives scream but so what.

You pay into the system, like I said it doesn't matter when you have kids, so if your wife has to apply for mediCal and other assistance to you won't struggle when the child is born, so be it, it won't be forever anyway.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

skateboardstephen wrote:There is a benefit to having kids in a foreign country.For example in Brazil if you have a kid there you can't be deported under any circumstance.They have to allow you to stay especially if you are married to the women(which i hope because even Brazil has child support laws).
Thanks for the info on Brazil. Googled it and found this thread confirming what you stated:

http://www.gringoes.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12208

Costa Rica is similar. Both parents get permanent residency if their kid is born in Costa Rica. The kid gets Costa Rican citizenship. Obviously to take advantage of this you would have to be on the birth cert as the dad, making you liable for child support. Still, child support is not as bad as U.S. in Latin countries.

Very glad to hear that Brazil has this feature. An interesting option - possibly someplace to bring a pregnant Filipina, Armenian, or Ukrainian...

(Btw Argentina has this but it only covers the mother. )

PS to the OP:
Good luck with your lady, if you've already chosen.

Many of us are interested in where we can get residency overseas WITHOUT getting officially hitched. Hence the interest in places like Brazil or Costa Rica in this case.