Russian Tips for Traveling in America

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Russian Tips for Traveling in America

Post by HouseMD »

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Robert77
Freshman Poster

Post by Robert77 »

Reminds me of (hungarian guy's impressions of America)

I have to google it
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Thanks for the link! That was a good read.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Interesting.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

This is great. Especially section on women! Russian men get crazy confused about all these touchy-feely American women and prefer to hook up with their own women. However, many Russian guys are great looking and have very macho behavior, so those guys score with good looking American girls really well. Although the relationship will not last for long, since Russian guys are strict and dominating, which is offensive to American femi-nazi's.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

have2fly wrote:This is great. Especially section on women! Russian men get crazy confused about all these touchy-feely American women and prefer to hook up with their own women. However, many Russian guys are great looking and have very macho behavior, so those guys score with good looking American girls really well. Although the relationship will not last for long, since Russian guys are strict and dominating, which is offensive to American femi-nazi's.
BAAM!! +∞
I'm glad you are back posting. You are a man of your word: you wouldn't come back until the forum was cleaned up. I respect that about you and your unyielding insight into being happier abroad.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I remember when I would share problems and worries with co-workers when still young, and some would yell at me to " get help" and "get professional help". This was shocking. Generally, Americans expect white ( or black) people to act American while patronizing those who " don't look American". People would be taking care of Japanese and suchlike and helping them but would scowl at me and tell me to stop "whimping about" and " get professional help" like I was nuts or something. That was quite a culture shock, lol.

Normally things that I was used to talking over with friends require a lawyer or a psychiatrist in the US or some hotline to call.
Although the relationship will not last for long, since Russian guys are strict and dominating, which is offensive to American femi-nazi's.
Anglos and Slavs ( particularly Eastern or Southern Slavs) do not mix well unless either one goes native. It's easier for Oriental people to mingle with Anglos or for Latins to mingle with Slavs.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

ladislav- You might be right about that slavic & latin thing. I'm Italian & Ukrainian and I find that I see eye-to-eye more with slavics & mediterraneans (also, sometimes people from south-of-the-border). Also, nearly every single woman I've ever cared about (romantically & otherwise) has been some kind of latina or another to some degree- with some Italian exceptions. I've been told I'm VERY Italian socially & that the Ukrainian explains how I am with "other things."

I know what you mean about people saying to "get help." They just can't accept that there's a problem with the situation, not the person. They make a deduction of how things would have to be arranged for what they want to actually be true, then edit the story as if they are selecting a different situation. It's exactly the idea of coming up with a lie & figuring out how to form it so it's believable. The thinking seems to go like this: "Well, if this & that is true- that would mean I'm wrong. But if this & that is untrue, that would mean I'm right. So, I'll MAKE myself right by coming to the conclusion that these things are untrue." And they call other people crazy! Then when put on the spot about saying things like that, they bounce it back on the other person- saying that it's just they way they're interpreting the situation. Then when people get more & more pissed about that, they make them out to be a raving lunatic. I've seen a lot of this passive-aggressive behavior, it's really not abnormal over here.
??????
Freshman Poster

Post by ?????? »

Wolfeye wrote:ladislav- You might be right about that slavic & latin thing. I'm Italian & Ukrainian and I find that I see eye-to-eye more with slavics & mediterraneans (also, sometimes people from south-of-the-border). Also, nearly every single woman I've ever cared about (romantically & otherwise) has been some kind of latina or another to some degree- with some Italian exceptions. I've been told I'm VERY Italian socially & that the Ukrainian explains how I am with "other things."

I know what you mean about people saying to "get help." They just can't accept that there's a problem with the situation, not the person. They make a deduction of how things would have to be arranged for what they want to actually be true, then edit the story as if they are selecting a different situation. It's exactly the idea of coming up with a lie & figuring out how to form it so it's believable. The thinking seems to go like this: "Well, if this & that is true- that would mean I'm wrong. But if this & that is untrue, that would mean I'm right. So, I'll MAKE myself right by coming to the conclusion that these things are untrue." And they call other people crazy! Then when put on the spot about saying things like that, they bounce it back on the other person- saying that it's just they way they're interpreting the situation. Then when people get more & more pissed about that, they make them out to be a raving lunatic. I've seen a lot of this passive-aggressive behavior, it's really not abnormal over here.
Yep, that is exactly how it is with other people here and surprisingly my own family. As soon as I mentioned that I was considering leaving the US and was going to live abroad for marriage, they lashed out at me like I was the problem and not the western women with the stuck-up, anti-male attitudes. I expected this from most people, but I thought my own family would be more understanding of my situation. That was a big let down for me. They did agree on the harm no-fault divorce has caused and how commitment isn't honored or respected in most of US (and other western countries) society anymore. I guess I gained some ground with them there.

Some people just don't want to accept that there is something wrong and see reason. Oh well... :roll:
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

??????- Having the same back & forth here. They think "it's the same everywhere"- yet have never done any research or traveling! Gotto say: I think the prospect of living somewhere else spooks them a little bit. I get how that can be (since you don't really know the "layout" with laws, businesses, how people do things, etc...), but if you're deprived of the situation that you had "down" what's the difference? Personally, I'm quite worried about a more passive-aggressive version of Germany & I don't see being able to start a family or anything with that, anyway. They don't seem to get that.

They seem to think "you can find all that here" (whatever it is) & it's not as plentiful as some make it out to be! Sure, I might be able to find the jackpot woman, have a bunch of kids with her, and everything turns out fine- but I'd never be able to enjoy it. I'd always be thinking that nothing is going to turn into a disaster & it does over here. Maybe my kid gets bruises from playing outside & in Italy it's "Oh, kids get hurt sometimes" but over here it seems to be "Great! Now we can figure out a way to cast this as bad parenting & get the kid in foster care!" Who knows what kinds of scars the kid gets there? Not easy to have a good life with that kind of stuff being loaded & aimed. IS an easy way to develop a drinking habit, though.

Also, I've been noticing that the "West" seems to be more "anglo-sphere" places (which seem to be the US, UK, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand). A lot of other places aren't like that. Spain, Italy, Portugal & maybe Greece all seem to be more family-oriented & appreciative of a guy that takes an interest in what happens to his family, doesn't cheat, makes an effort with her family, etc... . It's like they have less of a problem approving of someone, I guess. Someone suggested the Czech Republic to me & it sounds like it might be good. The Slavic countries as a whole seem to be okay wth the house not being divided against itself.

I think the Scandanavian women tend to be pretty cool with guys (as long as they are cool with them). Not all of them are Lagertha from Vikings, but they seem to be able to be social & not be doormats. Especially with all the stuff going on in Norway & Sweden now, I think she'd really appreciate a guy to walk her home. It's gotten to the point where some Norwegian chick is inventing (or has invented) a reverse chastity belt (it would be hard for someone else to take off). Seems to be very true of women south of the border, too.

P.S>- I've got to ask: Did you go with ?????? because you couldn't figure out a name? Don't get me wrong, I thought it was very inventive & I wish I'd thought of it, but I was curious.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Wolfeye wrote:.......Also, I've been noticing that the "West" seems to be more "anglo-sphere" places (which seem to be the US, UK, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand). A lot of other places aren't like that. Spain, Italy, Portugal & maybe Greece all seem to be more family-oriented & appreciative of a guy that takes an interest in what happens to his family, doesn't cheat, makes an effort with her family, etc... . It's like they have less of a problem approving of someone, I guess. Someone suggested the Czech Republic to me & it sounds like it might be good. The Slavic countries as a whole seem to be okay wth the house not being divided against itself.................
Sounds good. :-D You're on the right track, Danielson. Miagi likes how your training go.
??????
Freshman Poster

Post by ?????? »

Wolfeye--First Paragraph: Your answer got me thinking that mabye part of the reason my family was upset was because they would not be able to see me as often with me being gone. Here is what I think the rest of the disagreement comes from. Since my parents and my brother's experience with dating here were positive, they don't like it when someone challenges that view. They then try to apply their situation to mine and give me advice on dating and relationships. Maybe that advice might have worked in the 1970's, but they just don't understand how things are in the US dating scene NOW since they are not dating or trying to find a relationship in this environment. Most women just want a one night stand from their late teens to their late twenties. They want marriage around thirty or so, but most can never break the one night stand mentality. Combine this with all the rewards they get from the government for this bad behavior and you have a recipe for disaster. Of course, I shouldn't leave out the men who contribute to the problem by groveling at the feet of feminists to try to gain their approval and in the process help pass laws that not only hurt them but all other men. Such men who refuse to wake up deserve to be punished with no fault divorce and all the other anti male laws they help to uphold.

To be fair, I also had the "all women are the same everywhere." assumption due to my negative experiences over the last 8 years. I thought they were all as bad as most Anglosphere women were. But after seeing the evidence and videos here and at other websites, I know now that is not entirely true. (Thankfully.)

Second paragraph: In my brothers case, he tries to use his wife (which is the exception) as an example to say that most Anglosphere women are decent just like his wife when I argued with him on why I wanted to move abroad. Like you said Anglosphere Women raised the traditional way are not commonplace.

Yes, there are just too many risks for men who want to start families in this anti-male environment for some of the reasons I listed above and many other reasons.

Third Paragraph: I am kind of leaning more towards Russia and Eastern Europe. Not saying Asian and Latin American women aren't attractive, I'm just more attracted to slavic women. Learning as much as I possibly can about their culture, food, courtship, ect. from this website: http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php The hard part is going to be seeing who is sincere and who is just using me for money, which is why I am learning the language. Hopefully, avoiding the larger cities like St. Petersburg and Moscow when it comes to courtship will help sharply decrease the chance of running into a scammer girl.

As far as the name, I wanted a name or symbol of anonymity. It was a toss up between Namelessone and ??????. I chose the symbol.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Thanks for the link, man! I'm a bit tired now, so I'll surf through it later. I might very well hit that area, myself.

I've had that argument so many times- about how it was very different in the 70s & I'd be trying to do things in a different environment. Women seemed more inclined to get together with men back in those days (not least of all because there was a bit of a sexual revolution going on). I think now women have the same bizaree mentality that a lot of men do: That it's immature to have a lasting relationshp, especially one with any depth. I don't know what the deal is, because it's still "giving in to a desire" to adhere to a counter-intuitive style of doing things. The desire to rid yourself of desire is STILL a desire. Not to go on a rant, but there's a lot of ground-floor stuff that doesn't actually hold water philosophically ("philosophy"meaning "assesments of reality").