Anybody Ever Fight In A Revolution/Invasion/Civil War?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Anybody Ever Fight In A Revolution/Invasion/Civil War?

Post by Wolfeye »

Hey, everyone. I know this is probably going to seem like a stupid question, but considering how things are going in numerous countries these days, does anyone know what it's like to live in a country that's having a civil war? A revolution? An invasion? I figure there are numerous things that might be good to do in advance & different ways of doing things in the middle. Yeah, it would depend a bit on the country & culture, but whatever information or suggested reading would be appreciated. I just figure that it's a more of a potential now, wherever I land.

Any soldiers with experience would be appreciated, but I don't know how much soldier conditions in war would apply, since they are within a community of arguable support & are generally being supplied. Maybe there are impressions on how things would be without that? Or with only some of that?
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Re: Anybody Ever Fight In A Revolution/Invasion/Civil War?

Post by onethousandknives »

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experie ... -cong.html

It's Cracked, which usually is pretty lame, but I think the article has some pretty neat things to think about.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Re: Anybody Ever Fight In A Revolution/Invasion/Civil War?

Post by Wolfeye »

Vietcong stuff- interesting! Looked around for it a long time ago, but couldn't find much. Thanks.