I give up, what countries will accept Americans

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

I give up, what countries will accept Americans

Post by Mr.Darcy »

with business degrees and experience. I think Canada only accepts bomb slinging muslims from Syria, so I'm screwed on that one. I have like 3 thousand dollars in my bank account. I also have student loan debt and credit card debt too, so will this affect me.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: I give up, what countries will accept Americans

Post by OutWest »

Mr.Darcy wrote:with business degrees and experience. I think Canada only accepts bomb slinging muslims from Syria, so I'm screwed on that one. I have like 3 thousand dollars in my bank account. I also have student loan debt and credit card debt too, so will this affect me.
Quite a few countries welcome Americans. Apart from shoehorning into an English teaching job, you need to be better fixed before trying to move overseas. Most moves within the USA would be riskyy with only 3 g in the bank, and to move to another country like that is just asking for trouble. Stabilize your finances...build your contacts...educate yourself....build a network in your target country....all of those things will help you while you build a nest egg and will make eventual success more likely.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Big picture, OutWest is right.

If you have online income, Germany will welcome you and give you residency. Once you have that, I believe you can job-hunt.

If you don't, your options are:
(1) Do what OutWest said
(2) Go overseas and teach English.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

With only three grand, that would be tough. Getting to the countries where you can get by for a while on that would cost you a good chunk of that to get there- so you'd be going on maybe a couple of grand. AND maybe trying to find work of some form, which might fall through. If you go, it seems like some places in Eastern Europe & South America can work for a while- but you're still paying a lot to get there from America (unless, maybe cargo transports are cheap enough- that might help).
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Fillie Says There Are Some Jobs In The Phils

Post by Jester »

This little "Fillie" says that there are a handful of jobs in the Phils where she knows of Americans working in actual jobs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS8hHKRGlL4

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS8hHKRGlL4[/youtube]

She got me thinking...

I have ordered food a couple of times from a company here in Chiang Mai, the guy who answers sounds Australian. HUGE advantage over having a barely-English-speaking Thai answer the phone. Of course he probably isn't just an employee, probably he is quasi-legal through marriage to a local. Still technically illegal but NOONE CARES because he is NOT taking a local job away from a local.

Another thing a guy can do... in northern Mexico anyway... probably elsewhere too... is to tutor high school kids for the SAT or whatever, the exams they need to go to college in the US. Down there in Mexico you can tack a sign up on a phone pole to advertise, noone cares.

In northern Baja down through Ensenada, you can stay forever with no visa. And if you ever get $1000 usd together, you can have a lawyer start a local business for you, and then you can do anything. Don't be ostentatiously visible running the cash register or waiting tables yourself, but you can manage a business, no obstacles.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Mr.Darcy wrote:with business degrees and experience...
What kind of 'experience'?

What about UAE (Emirates) or Saudi Arabia or Kuwait?
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Mr. Darcy you are young and according to you handsome and fit, you should be able to make something work better than most here in America.
Time to Hide!
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

Sell your car. That's what I'm doing probably. That's another 5g in the bank, for me.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

Hello, my fellow H.A.ers here a list of some countries that Americans can flee to:

"5 BEST COUNTRIES TO ESCAPE AMERICA'S DECLINE"
http://www.activistpost.com/2010/10/5-b ... icans.html

1.) Uruguay

2.) Costa Rica

3.) New Zealand

4.) Iceland

5.) Argentina
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

New Zealand isn't exactly easy to get into. You have to be really,really smart or really, really rich.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
bostero
Freshman Poster

Post by bostero »

IraqVet2003 wrote:Hello, my fellow H.A.ers here a list of some countries that Americans can flee to:

"BEST COUNTRIES TO ESCAPE AMERICA'S DECLINE"

5.) Argentina

Bad idea. If you think Anglo chicks are arrogant, mean and skanky; and that Anglo dudes are mostly a bunch of status-crazy douchebags- just wait 'til you set foot in Malos Aires! You'll wish for the good ol' US of A again, no matter how hard you were struggling up here.

P.S. They won't make an exception for you because you're "not like other Americans". You'll get the same hate as any other "Shannnnnki (Yankee) pelotuuuuudo" who goes down there on a more typical vacation. They don't suck up to all Westerners- just Italy and Britain. They hate the US ferociously, and they'll tell you all about it at every turn- whether you asked to hear it or not. Also, if you're Jewish, don't expect to feel the love. Levels of anti-Semitic animosity down there are stratospheric.

There's just no polite way to put it: Argentines are mental illness personified, particularly those of Italian or Polish descent. Run for your life.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

bostero wrote:
IraqVet2003 wrote:Hello, my fellow H.A.ers here a list of some countries that Americans can flee to:

"BEST COUNTRIES TO ESCAPE AMERICA'S DECLINE"

5.) Argentina

Bad idea. If you think Anglo chicks are arrogant, mean and skanky; and that Anglo dudes are mostly a bunch of status-crazy douchebags- just wait 'til you set foot in Malos Aires! You'll wish for the good ol' US of A again, no matter how hard you were struggling up here.

P.S. They won't make an exception for you because you're "not like other Americans". You'll get the same hate as any other "Shannnnnki (Yankee) pelotuuuuudo" who goes down there on a more typical vacation. They don't suck up to all Westerners- just Italy and Britain. They hate the US ferociously, and they'll tell you all about it at every turn- whether you asked to hear it or not. Also, if you're Jewish, don't expect to feel the love. Levels of anti-Semitic animosity down there are stratospheric.

There's just no polite way to put it: Argentines are mental illness personified, particularly those of Italian or Polish descent. Run for your life.
Yes and no.

Everything you said about Argentineans is true.

BUT... Argentina may be the easiest place in the world for a young man (with no technical degree or pension or corporate career) to emigrate to, and work online or providing a skilled service locally for cash (not teaching English) while on a tourist visa, and eventually get amnesty and residency.

If you don't like the women, there are plenty of Paraguayans and Brazilians nearby.
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

According to Expatify.com, here's a list of countries that are considered the 10 most suitable for American Expats:

"10 MOST SUITABLE COUNTRIES FOR AMERICAN EXPATRIATES"
http://www.expatify.com/advice/10-most- ... iates.html

1.) Argentina

2.) Thailand

3.) Czech Republic

4.) Australia

5.) Italy

6.) Brazil

7.) Spain

8.) Mexico

9.) South Africa

10.) Costa Rica
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

The Adventurer, what the f**k is going on in this picture?
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.