The Good in Human Nature

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Re: The Good in Human Nature

Post by Kradmelder »

Just to give you an idea, this is the size of a DS bike compared to the smaller chink bikes and other road bikes.

But I can use mine to transport large appliances

and ride such terrain

I can fit on the large bikes comfortable, touch ground with both feet and my knees are still bent. You want to at least touch the ground with both feet as a beginner

this is what I mean by upright so you can stand on the pegs when riding dirt. Cant do that on a harley so it will never be an off road bike. By standing you put the centre of gravity on the pegs, making the bike more stable in poor traction. The chink bikes will fall to pieces on dirt with the vibrations and hammering.

By the way chink bike is not a racist term, it is a standard name for chinese bikes. Jap bikes are called rice burners. The sports bikes are called crotch rockets.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Cool stuff! How do you get your stuff strapped to the bike? It looks like a net. I suppose I wouldn't have too much problem with a backpack on my back while I'm riding (medium Alice pack with different straps has good reviews). What kind of weather are these bikes good for? And can you seat a passenger on the back or is it a problem?

I'm hearing about a good type of houseboat that sails called the Quidnon that should have a how-to guide coming out soon. Ever do any boating?
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Wolfeye wrote:Cool stuff! How do you get your stuff strapped to the bike? It looks like a net. I suppose I wouldn't have too much problem with a backpack on my back while I'm riding (medium Alice pack with different straps has good reviews). What kind of weather are these bikes good for? And can you seat a passenger on the back or is it a problem?

I'm hearing about a good type of houseboat that sails called the Quidnon that should have a how-to guide coming out soon. Ever do any boating?
cargo net or straps. backpacks are very uncomfortable. also if you wall anything hard in a backpack could cause you serious injury. I use bikes in all weather, but we dont have snow.

Yes. Ive taken girlfriends and my son on trips of 1000s of km.

Your biggest problem for off road biking will be your height due to the high seat height of off road bikes. That limits your options. Other problems people have is fat farks can't swing their leg over such a high seat because their fat gut from their lazy slovenly junk food stuffing lifestyle gets in the way. Height you can do nothing about, but a fat fark is self inflicted so no sympathy. Fat farks can only get their leg over a low slung harley and rest their fat ugly gut on the tank. A white man should be fit and healthy.

I dont do boating, but if I did I would prefer sailing. ask outwest about that. It sounds like another lifestyle for a fit free white man.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Things you need to consider when choosing a bike, besides obviously your wallet

Your height. This will limit models you can ride

Type of riding you will do. How much off road? If largely on dirt then a smaller street legal enduro. If mostly tar, a DS adventure bike. If only commute a small road bike

What distances do you plan? If long trips in the 1000s of km you need a bike with like a 20 l itre tank so small enduros are out and >650 cc is better

Will you carrying luggage or a pillion? then sports bikes are out

experience level and if bike falls well. A beginner needs a bike with not much fairing that breaks off, crashbars, and robust bike that can take tipping over

your strength. The heavier the bike the harder to pick it up when it falls. remember they can be over 200 kg lying on the ground. Their are techniques to avoid hurting your back but in bad footing like mud and sand techniques still require brute strength

speeds you plan on riding. If you will be doing long distance at speed you need a bigger cc bike

dealer network. how easy is it to get parts

riding position. bent over sports bikes you cannot ride very long as your shoulder and wrists get sore.

race issues. If you are pro-white you may choose to buy a bike only made by white people to keep white people employed. I make sure all the kit I buy like jackets and helmets are also european made. If you buy offshore just to save a few bucks, then shut up when your job is off shored. Let the chinese buy chink bikes and the japs rice burners.

Image or posing. if you just want to ride slow on a vibrating low revving unreliable bike with bad brakes, make a noise, dress in a look at bad ass me pirate outfit, get a harley. If you want an offroad image but dont plan on doing much offroad, just posing at the local coffee shop, get one of the big BMWS complete with panniers and branded clothing
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

Meh, you can carry tons of shit on a small bike.

My own picture of a dude riding his bike on a road with about 6 inches of water on it.

So basically, as with anything, rider skill takes precedence over the bike itself. I'm not saying these bikes are ideal for doing what these guys are doing, but saying you need a KLR-650 to carry a microwave and your groceries home is kinda crazy to me. I actually did used to want a KLR-650 at one time, though. In Vietnam I might consider a more enduro-esque bike. But in Vietnam, even the Honda Win, which is just sorta barely enduro (longer suspension travel in the front shocks...) seems to get people where they need to be on a dirt or mountain road.
Image (knockoff one, actually...)
I'm not arguing a KLR-650 or BMW enduro wouldn't be better, I'm just saying it might be overkill, though yeah, with scooters and "underbone" style bikes, they're less capable than something like that on the muddy roads/etc.

For two stroke and 4 stroke, 2 stroke was used on road going bikes at one time, but it pretty much stopped in the 90s, and 2 stroke, everything else being equal, will be more powerful, as a 4 stroke basically wastes 2 piston strokes, to more fully burn fuel. The upside is 4 strokes don't pollute as much, due to more fully burning the fuel, and that oil isn't mixed in the gasoline, and 4 stroke is generally more gas efficient. Now with fuel injection and better technology, modern 4 strokes are pretty good, but the NSR250 I talked about for example, out of a 250cc 2 stroke made over 100hp. Meanwhile Honda's 4 stroke CBR250RR I talked about from the 90s made only 45hp with the same 250cc displacement (the current single cylinder 250cc CBR250 for the US market makes about 20 or so...) But, two strokes now are basically all going away. But if you don't mind the blue smoke coming out of the exhaust, the... different, noise, and a possibility of less reliability/more trouble due to them being older and more finicky in some ways, could be good. Main problem, though, is I don't think any companies are making production 2 stroke anything anymore, except for weed wackers. Even most Chinese 50cc scooters that used to use the clone Yamaha engine now use a cloned Honda 4 stroke engine instead. I think Aprillia is the only modern manufacturer of a 2 stroke, but their engine to be emissions compliant uses fuel injection and oil injection. But Aprillia generally costs more than other equivalent Asian bikes.

Heh, one bike I might consider getting in USA, though everyone would for sure laugh at me is the Honda Helix.

Most people aren't fans of it's look at all, but damn, the riding position looks comfy and it looks absolutely perfect for long highway commuting. Though the top speed is barely 75mph on them.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

onethousandknives wrote:Meh, you can carry tons of shit on a small bike.

You sure can! All shapes and sizes.

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

There is nothing wrong with being a motorcycle enthusiast. I can appreciate many a well-made bike myself, especially the custom made variety.

But the few who are obsessed with "Big Bikes" are often said to be overcompensating for small penis size by focusing on the "crotch rocket" aspect of the big bike as overcompensation for that which nature deprived them.

There is a plethora of material on this subject and there's an interesting Reddit on the matter also:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskWomen/comme ... s_such_as/
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Awesome! Being able to carry a couch on a bike (or a bike on a bike) is something I never thought was possible. Where does a passenger put their feet, though? It looks like more or less the only thing for them to do is to coil their legs up, since there are tail pipes down straight.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Awesome! Being able to carry a couch on a bike (or a bike on a bike) is something I never thought was possible. Where does a passenger put their feet, though? It looks like more or less the only thing for them to do is to coil their legs up, since there are tail pipes down straight.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

Wolfeye wrote:Awesome! Being able to carry a couch on a bike (or a bike on a bike) is something I never thought was possible. Where does a passenger put their feet, though? It looks like more or less the only thing for them to do is to coil their legs up, since there are tail pipes down straight.
None of this is ideal to do. I'm just saying you don't need a heavy displacement large bike to carry a reasonable amount of stuff around. If you are really interested in carrying crap on a bike, though, the best thing to do would be to make or get a trailer, though.

http://www.bikesatwork.com/blog/diy-hou ... by-bicycle
These guys even move trailers full of stuff by bicycle.

I'm not suggesting any of these things are ideal to do, just you know, a good portion of the world has to make adaptations and do things this way sometimes. Realistically, I'd not buy a bike for cargo hauling, especially as you being a Westerner, you probably can make enough money to just buy some sort of car most places in the world. But it's not a terrible idea to keep a few tie downs under the seat just in case you gotta take something home. Most scooters under the seat have about 1 cubic foot of space you can put stuff, like groceries, and some another half cubic foot or so above the headlight, and then some have a little box in back that's another cubic foot or so. Obviously it's not a whole trunkload of groceries inside, but you could fit a couple reasonable sized bags of stuff no problem.
There is nothing wrong with being a motorcycle enthusiast. I can appreciate many a well-made bike myself, especially the custom made variety.

But the few who are obsessed with "Big Bikes" are often said to be overcompensating for small penis size by focusing on the "crotch rocket" aspect of the big bike as overcompensation for that which nature deprived them.

There is a plethora of material on this subject and there's an interesting Reddit on the matter also:

It depends, as with all people, I don't know them personally, etc, to make that judgment call.

One thing I notice among older dudes is often they have the "big" trend with all their stuff. It's kind of strange to me. Even speaking of cars, my favorite car I've ever driven was actually a Toyota MR2. Handled nice, was small, great car. In general I like smaller cars as well, and don't like bigger ones. I'd be totally happy driving a 90s Jetta or Civic with a manual transmission forever. I also tend to like sportier cars, and don't care about luxury that much (as long as I have air conditioing, lol) and like lower sitting cars, and handling and driving feel are most important for me. And it's just what I like. My father on the other hand, basically hates my taste in cars, says they all suck, small cars are for fags, and I should get a Lincoln Town Car with a V8. He has a giant F350 dualie with a Ford 460 V8 in it. Total opposite tastes in cars. Some I think aside from the alpha/macho whatever, is economics. They grew up in a booming time where the expectation was things would get better, and they could always have big stuff, and that was what should be aspired towards. Whereas my generation at least subconsciously knows the good times are over and it's better to lean more towards living fairly modestly.

I'm not quite sure of the psychology behind it or whatever, masculine overcompensation. Maybe, maybe not. I think in general US society is a strange paradox of this stuff. On one end, things are literally totally gay, and lots of people are literally homosexual, and there's feminism and all that stuff permeating society. Then on the other end, there's so so much masculine overcompensation here in all things in life, be it cars, clothing, whatever. Everyone's trying to be some tough guy, and everything feels really aggressive. Be it rap music, people with stickers saying they have a CCW permit and will shoot you on their giant Dodge diesel pick up, people glorifying outlaw biker gangs, steroided up cops who body slam kids for not putting their phones away in school, whatever. It's this weird paradox of a culture here. I think overall, it was what I liked most about Asia, in that I felt like I could just be a person, and there wasn't this expectation of macho or "alpha" posturing.

Anyway, to get back on the original thread subject. Talked to my new neighbor, he helped me a bit with getting a belt on my truck.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

onethousandknives wrote:
Wolfeye wrote:Awesome! Being able to carry a couch on a bike (or a bike on a bike) is something I never thought was possible. Where does a passenger put their feet, though? It looks like more or less the only thing for them to do is to coil their legs up, since there are tail pipes down straight.
None of this is ideal to do. I'm just saying you don't need a heavy displacement large bike to carry a reasonable amount of stuff around. If you are really interested in carrying crap on a bike, though, the best thing to do would be to make or get a trailer, though.

http://www.bikesatwork.com/blog/diy-hou ... by-bicycle
These guys even move trailers full of stuff by bicycle.

I'm not suggesting any of these things are ideal to do, just you know, a good portion of the world has to make adaptations and do things this way sometimes. Realistically, I'd not buy a bike for cargo hauling, especially as you being a Westerner, you probably can make enough money to just buy some sort of car most places in the world. But it's not a terrible idea to keep a few tie downs under the seat just in case you gotta take something home. Most scooters under the seat have about 1 cubic foot of space you can put stuff, like groceries, and some another half cubic foot or so above the headlight, and then some have a little box in back that's another cubic foot or so. Obviously it's not a whole trunkload of groceries inside, but you could fit a couple reasonable sized bags of stuff no problem.

It depends, as with all people, I don't know them personally, etc, to make that judgment call.

One thing I notice among older dudes is often they have the "big" trend with all their stuff. It's kind of strange to me. Even speaking of cars, my favorite car I've ever driven was actually a Toyota MR2. Handled nice, was small, great car. In general I like smaller cars as well, and don't like bigger ones. I'd be totally happy driving a 90s Jetta or Civic with a manual transmission forever. I also tend to like sportier cars, and don't care about luxury that much (as long as I have air conditioing, lol) and like lower sitting cars, and handling and driving feel are most important for me. And it's just what I like. My father on the other hand, basically hates my taste in cars, says they all suck, small cars are for fags, and I should get a Lincoln Town Car with a V8. He has a giant F350 dualie with a Ford 460 V8 in it. Total opposite tastes in cars. Some I think aside from the alpha/macho whatever, is economics. They grew up in a booming time where the expectation was things would get better, and they could always have big stuff, and that was what should be aspired towards. Whereas my generation at least subconsciously knows the good times are over and it's better to lean more towards living fairly modestly.

I'm not quite sure of the psychology behind it or whatever, masculine overcompensation. Maybe, maybe not. I think in general US society is a strange paradox of this stuff. On one end, things are literally totally gay, and lots of people are literally homosexual, and there's feminism and all that stuff permeating society. Then on the other end, there's so so much masculine overcompensation here in all things in life, be it cars, clothing, whatever. Everyone's trying to be some tough guy, and everything feels really aggressive. Be it rap music, people with stickers saying they have a CCW permit and will shoot you on their giant Dodge diesel pick up, people glorifying outlaw biker gangs, steroided up cops who body slam kids for not putting their phones away in school, whatever. It's this weird paradox of a culture here. I think overall, it was what I liked most about Asia, in that I felt like I could just be a person, and there wasn't this expectation of macho or "alpha" posturing.

Anyway, to get back on the original thread subject. Talked to my new neighbor, he helped me a bit with getting a belt on my truck.
Tell you what. Take a ride on a 250 then a 1200 then tell me again which bike you prefer.

And dont waste so much time responding to niggers. Like nigger beggars, just ignore them. A monkey only makes faces when it gets a reaction to chimp outs
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Kradmelder: The style I've noticed in America is that they'll make & stick to a problem, then compensate for it (whether it works or not), then declare the whole thing a victory. "Oh, we've hired someone terrible at their job (they cause whatever problem)!" "Well, why not fire them?" "Because they've got tenure." "Why not get rid of tenure- it doesn't make sense, anyway." "Because, that's not how we do things." "You mean functionally?" "You know what? You can leave!" ""Fine! Why the hell doesn't the door open?!" "Because that door closes at 9, you have to go to the exit at the other end of the building & go around to get to the parking lot (subtly calls cops)."

Possible Addition: "We were told you were refusing to leave the property?" "No, didn't stick around (or "when the little prince/princess asked me to"), I just had to walk to the other side of the building & around it to get to my car because they close the other door at 9." "But why are you still hear?" "Didn't you hear me? I just told you why- I was trying to get into my car when you guys stopped me." "Okay, lets see some ID (or some other command that doesn't involve you leaving- and since it theoretically blocks you from doing so, since you're interrupted from leaving, it's a kidnapping situation)." "Why? I didn't do anything." "I need to see your ID (or "I SAID (whatever things)!!!" "For what?!" "Okay, let's go!" "What the hell are you doing?!" "You're under arrest." "For what?!" "Trespassing & resisting arrest (and/or disorderly conduct)." "Leaving the property is trespassing?!" "You were still resisting arrest." "You don't have any grounds to arrest me!" "That doesn't matter sir/ma'am."

I'm craving the East already! Met a woman that gives Spanish lessons at the laundromat I work in & if I can at least get to Coimbra or something for school in other languages on top of speaking Spanish, work visas should be pretty easy to come by. Would pretty much prefer Spain or Portugal, in spite of not really being able to tell a beautiful woman from a beautiful man (it's a problem you don't have to worry much about in Eastern Europe).

P.S.- I don't understand what you mean about the blacks at the end. I thought the black near you was helping you out?