Is City-data nothing but propaganda for realtors?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
The Un-American
Freshman Poster

Is City-data nothing but propaganda for realtors?

Post by The Un-American »

I notice if you say anything negative about anywhere on City-data, people will bash you for it, no matter how justified or true it is. In fact, you aren't even allowed to make negative threads on the city forums.

I also notice that they mostly champion West Coast cities, which are by far the most grossly inflated in terms of cost of property and rent. You will get hell if you challenge the narrative that Portland, Seattle, and Denver are slices of Shangri-La and are totally worth their insane cost of living.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Is City-data nothing but propaganda for realtors?

Post by fschmidt »

The Un-American wrote:I notice if you say anything negative about anywhere on City-data, people will bash you for it, no matter how justified or true it is. In fact, you aren't even allowed to make negative threads on the city forums.
This is standard on all forums inhabited by members of modern culture. It has nothing to do with realtors.
BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Post by BlackKnight »

The Un-American wrote:I notice if you say anything negative about anywhere on City-data, people will bash you for it, no matter how justified or true it is. In fact, you aren't even allowed to make negative threads on the city forums.

I also notice that they mostly champion West Coast cities, which are by far the most grossly inflated in terms of cost of property and rent. You will get hell if you challenge the narrative that Portland, Seattle, and Denver are slices of Shangri-La and are totally worth their insane cost of living.
Well duh, you're bashing their egos. If you worked 20 decent years for IBM and someone showed up bashing the company you would feel insulted. it's like saying someone's kids are ugly. It may be true but people don't want to hear it.
Mercury
Junior Poster

Post by Mercury »

The Un-American wrote:
July 24th, 2015, 1:01 pm
I notice if you say anything negative about anywhere on City-data, people will bash you for it, no matter how justified or true it is. In fact, you aren't even allowed to make negative threads on the city forums.

The city-data forum is propaganda for the Juche philosophy, the laws of North Korea, and the philosophies of Kim Il-Sung, Kim Jong-Il, and Kim Jong-Un. That city-data forum operates straight from Pyongyang, North Korea.