About Time I Left As Well... (Yick)

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

About Time I Left As Well... (Yick)

Post by yick »

Yeah, time has come to bid farewell, though I will look in from time to time, I won't be posting again, hopefully - that will encourage 'Ghost' to make his comeback and of course, it will be like the old times again.

I am sure Winston will continue to live his life Abroad if not happier, hopefully, he gets to smell the flowers and realise how lucky he is, many people would kill to have his life, yes, even in Taiwan! I know I am very lucky to live my life and earn my living the way I do - I know a lot of people baulk at it and turn their nose up at the job but it beats being depressed and on the dole which is how it was before - or if I was lucky, night shift agency work - I don't do that anymore, and I am very happy about that.

Though I don't like what is happening to @hypermak my leaving has nothing to do with that, a horrible situation back home to a family member has just come up and it is about time I started clearing my head of negativity and focused on staying positive, it is a shame that a forum as this which could do that actually doesn't - the worst member of this forum isn't actually Spencer but 'Mercury' what an absolute waste of bandwith his posts are, anyway, I am sure he will continue to post away and his life won't improve but that will remain his problem - the way it should be.

For anyone wanting 'Happier Abroad' this is the advice I can give you.
  • There are pros and cons to every place, as they say, same-same but different.
  • There are billions of nice girls out there, you're bound to get one.
  • Shave or trim your facial hair, wear nice after shave and wear clean clothes
  • Read a lot, learn languages, develop an interest how things are done differently
  • When you think about a place to be 'happier abroad' think about how to make a living, permanent residence, citizenship, ease of traveling there to and from your home country, climate, food, general ambience, does it gel with you and your personality, learning the local language etc etc - women come down the list with this - if you end up in Accra, Kuala Lumpur or Tallinn - there are going to be beautiful women wherever you go.
  • When you pick a place, take a trip out there for a couple of weeks or a month, see how you gel with the place
  • Once you move abroad, leave all the politics and other internal shit at home - become a better man, I have changed a lot these last ten years, in fact, beyond all recognition
  • Have an excercise routine - even if it is a walk in the evening, you can train with weights, do martial arts, run or jog, cycle, hit a bag - make sure you do something regularly.
  • Prostitution can turn into an addiction - try and find a nice girl who you love and who can be your regular sex partner.
  • You'll probably never be 'accepted' by your host culture as you are back home, some crap things come from this but some very good things come out of this also - embrace the good and try not to let the crappier parts get you down.
  • You'll change if you ever make it abroad - if you do it right, you will become a far better person than you could ever imagine.
  • The best thing I ever did was move abroad and to Asia, I never thought when I was 20 I would ever live in China.
  • And finally, we all have a bucket of shit to carry around - the types of shit in each bucket is different but it is up to you to change or throw out what you don't like, you live in a bit of a shithole, girls don't like you, too fat, too bald, too boring, don't like your life, don't like your job, mum and dad think you're a loser, no friends etc - it is up to you to change it into something that you like, it is your responsibility and no-one cares if it never changes - you have more freedom to change than you think...
That's it for now, I am more than happy to speak to Winston on Skype anytime he wants, was meant to do it a few years ago but I am happy to do this now as I am actually leaving, any questions he wants to ask me then he can and he can report back to you! :lol:

There are idiots on here but there have been some excellent posters who have made valuable contributions, take care and everyone be well.!
Last edited by yick on September 27th, 2020, 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: About Time I Left As Well...

Post by Winston »

Thats good advice yick. Maybe @Ghost will make a return now. Why cant you just put those you dont like on ignore? Its very simple. Every forum that rebels against the mainstream is gonna have some assholes.

If u wanna chat me on Skype just PM your username and I'll add you and I'll give u mine as well.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
September 27th, 2020, 12:15 am
Take care, Yick. You've been a good poster. I enjoyed your posts and thought many of them were quite enlightening and interesting. With both you and Hypermak out of the picture, the reasons for me to remain are wearing quite thin as well, so these may be one of the last few where we can see men of quality post posts of quality in this conspiracy-theorist riddled wasteland of a forum. A shame, because it has had better days and I'm glad to have been around for some of them.

Whatever ails your family member back home, I hope all will be well and you will be able to clear your head, stay positive and live your best life. I hope you find what you are looking for in life. And hopefully soon, when this Chinese virus blows over, you'll find Mrs. Right in the Philippines and turn her into Mrs. Yick. If anyone among our forum's single members can pull it off and find a great one, it's you brother. ;)
Thanks, Marcos, buddy! I have massively enjoyed your posts too! Like I said to @hypermak you won the war, you're abroad and you're happy! I hope this continues for many many years to come!

Thank you for your good wishes about my family member, I am afraid it isn't good though, but we hope for the best but prepare for the worst! I am hoping for the best at this moment in time, take care and be well, Marcos! :D
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Winston wrote:
September 27th, 2020, 12:19 am
Thats good advice yick. Maybe @Ghost will make a return now. Why cant you just put those you dont like on ignore? Its very simple. Every forum that rebels against the mainstream is gonna have some assholes.

If u wanna chat me on Skype just PM your username and I'll add you and I'll give u mine as well.
I will do that now!
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

So is anybody left. Should I cut off the Server?
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

yick wrote:
September 27th, 2020, 12:03 am
Yeah, time has come to bid farewell, though I will look in from time to time, I won't be posting again, hopefully - that will encourage 'Ghost' to make his comeback and of course, it will be like the old times again.

I am sure Winston will continue to live his life Abroad if not happier, hopefully, he gets to smell the flowers and realise how lucky he is, many people would kill to have his life, yes, even in Taiwan! I know I am very lucky to live my life and earn my living the way I do - I know a lot of people baulk at it and turn their nose up at the job but it beats being depressed and on the dole which is how it was before - or if I was lucky, night shift agency work - I don't do that anymore, and I am very happy about that.

Though I don't like what is happening to @hypermak my leaving has nothing to do with that, a horrible situation back home to a family member has just come up and it is about time I started clearing my head of negativity and focused on staying positive, it is a shame that a forum as this which could do that actually doesn't - the worst member of this forum isn't actually Spencer but 'Mercury' what an absolute waste of bandwith his posts are, anyway, I am sure he will continue to post away and his life won't improve but that will remain his problem - the way it should be.

• Read a lot, learn languages, develop an interest how things are done differently
  • When you think about a place to be 'happier abroad' think about how to make a living, permanent residence, citizenship, ease of traveling there to and from your home country, climate, food, general ambience, does it gel with you and your personality, learning the local language etc etc - women come down the list with this - if you end up in Accra, Kuala Lumpur or Tallinn - there are going to be beautiful women wherever you go.
  • When you pick a place, take a trip out there for a couple of weeks or a month, see how you gel with the place
  • Once you move abroad, leave all the politics and other internal shit at home - become a better man, I have changed a lot these last ten years, in fact, beyond all recognition
  • Have an excercise routine - even if it is a walk in the evening, you can train with weights, do martial arts, run or jog, cycle, hit a bag - make sure you do something regularly.
  • Prostitution can turn into an addiction - try and find a nice girl who you love and who can be your regular sex partner.
  • You'll probably never be 'accepted' by your host culture as you are back home, some crap things come from this but some very good things come out of this also - embrace the good and try not to let the crappier parts get you down.
  • You'll change if you ever make it abroad - if you do it right, you will become a far better person than you could ever imagine.
  • The best thing I ever did was move abroad and to Asia, I never thought when I was 20 I would ever live in China.
  • And finally, we all have a bucket of shit to carry around - the types of shit in each bucket is different but it is up to you to change or throw out what you don't like, you live in a bit of a shithole, girls don't like you, too fat, too bald, too boring, don't like your life, don't like your job, mum and dad think you're a loser, no friends etc - it is up to you to change it into something that you like, it is your responsibility and no-one cares if it never changes - you have more freedom to change than you think...
That's it for now, I am more than happy to speak to Winston on Skype anytime he wants, was meant to do it a few years ago but I am happy to do this now as I am actually leaving, any questions he wants to ask me then he can and he can report back to you! :lol:

There are idiots on here but there have been some excellent posters who have made valuable contributions, take care and everyone be well.!
I am sorry to see you go, @yick, mate! I think many will agree with me when I say you represent the truest definition of "happier abroad": you weren't born exactly with a silver spoon in the cradle, you dreamed what's behind the rainbow, worked hard, modestly and silently, and against all odds you caught your dreams by the tail. And now you are a well respected member of a society difficult to crack, the Chinese.

Regardless of your age, physical appearance and financial situation, you seem to have the best possible state of mind to find an amazing companion in the Philippines. Why? Because you like being yourself and we all know that, online or offline, that makes all the difference with women.

I hope your situation back home will improve soon. Whether or not you will be able to be back to the UK to be closer to your family, I can imagine the last thing you need is participate in a forum full of toxic and aggressive exchanges. I have to apologise because, with my constant bickering with Contrarian Expatriate and Spencer, I contributed to bringing that negativity up to the roof.

Finally, I can't agree more with your words of advice. There is a sense of "zen" serenity and wisdom in those words. I wish some of us could hold these words particularly dear and remind themselves that not only are we in control or more than we can imagine, but we have the power to change whenever and wherever we want.
Is is up to you to change it into something that you like, it is your responsibility and no-one cares if it never changes - you have more freedom to change than you think...
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

hypermak wrote:
September 27th, 2020, 6:50 am
yick wrote:
September 27th, 2020, 12:03 am

I am sorry to see you go, @yick, mate! I think many will agree with me when I say you represent the truest definition of "happier abroad": you weren't born exactly with a silver spoon in the cradle, you dreamed what's behind the rainbow, worked hard, modestly and silently, and against all odds you caught your dreams by the tail. And now you are a well respected member of a society difficult to crack, the Chinese.

Regardless of your age, physical appearance and financial situation, you seem to have the best possible state of mind to find an amazing companion in the Philippines. Why? Because you like being yourself and we all know that, online or offline, that makes all the difference with women.

I hope your situation back home will improve soon. Whether or not you will be able to be back to the UK to be closer to your family, I can imagine the last thing you need is participate in a forum full of toxic and aggressive exchanges. I have to apologise because, with my constant bickering with Contrarian Expatriate and Spencer, I contributed to bringing that negativity up to the roof.

Finally, I can't agree more with your words of advice. There is a sense of "zen" serenity and wisdom in those words. I wish some of us could hold these words particularly dear and remind themselves that not only are we in control or more than we can imagine, but we have the power to change whenever and wherever we want.
Is is up to you to change it into something that you like, it is your responsibility and no-one cares if it never changes - you have more freedom to change than you think...
Thanks @hypermak! It is about winning the war and winning the war - as it should be for us all - is being happier abroad - how you do it and where you go isn't something that should be up for examination by others because we all have our checklist of what we wanted when we left. I am happy to be abroad and I am happier - I loath to think what would have happened if I had stayed.

You have no need to apologise, especially not to me - I have engaged more flame wars than the NYFD :lol: I am sure once I leave - Ghost, Johnny1975, Cheesesweat and a load of others will be back to post what they want to post, I am sure the forum will survive and go back to how it was - maybe Winston will take Rock's advice and start again, who knows? Whatever happens then we'll be fine, as I am sure a lot of members of the board will be too - all I can say to the members of the board who are still at home, crying, whinging and wailing about their lives, about how women don't look at them etc - well, it won't change fellas until you do something about it - at least we did it and made a success of it! And this is what this forum should be all about - take care, @hypermak !
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

While I do not consider to leave this forum for always, I noticed I am posting now by far less compared to some years ago. I am running out of topics, no idea what to post anymore.

This HA-Forum is declining of good comments related to 'Happier Abroad' and is getting more into conspiracy theories, religious babble,
arguments among members, trolling, USA-politics etc. and I am not interested in that stuff.

In future I will be back about one time in one or two weeks or so, writing one short comment if I find any topic for me...but not more than that.

Wishing every member who decided to leave all the best.

Yohan
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Yohan wrote:
September 27th, 2020, 8:08 am
While I do not consider to leave this forum for always, I noticed I am posting now by far less compared to some years ago. I am running out of topics, no idea what to post anymore.

This HA-Forum is declining of good comments related to 'Happier Abroad' and is getting more into conspiracy theories, religious babble,
arguments among members, trolling, USA-politics etc. and I am not interested in that stuff.

In future I will be back about one time in one or two weeks or so, writing one short comment if I find any topic for me...but not more than that.

Yohan
Cheers, Yohan! I think that's what Winston really wants to turn this forum into and like you, have no interest in it - I am sure if Winston does take this forum down this road then he will get many new members, still you were one of the originals - when a flight to Asia was more than a months salary and it was a proper adventure, it was always interesting to read, take care!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Yohan wrote:
September 27th, 2020, 8:08 am
conspiracy theories,

Yohan
Yohan sorry if you cannot figure out a group of people are going to inherit the earth running a counterfeiting operation.... :roll:
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yick,
I went ahead and fixed your advice block by putting bullets next to each line, which I believe is what you originally intended, but couldn't figure out the formatting.

You guys, you don't need to leave permanently. Just drop in whenever you have a trip report to post, or a question to ask others, or a tip you've learned about self-improvement etc.

You guys, it's not true that I like a lot of drama and conflict on the forum. No way. I don't like toxic places or toxic people at all. If it were up to me, this forum would be mainly about:

1. Sharing trip reports from expats abroad or travel experiences.
2. Posting questions about foreign women, foreign cultures, or living abroad, in the hopes of receiving answers to them.
3. Sharing tips and advice about self-improvement.
4. Helping to uplift and inspire those misfits who are depressed in America or wherever with encouragement, without judging them or calling them losers or blaming them for their predicament, unless of course, they have a genuine psychiatric disorder.

All of that would be more constructive than drama, conflict, conspiracies, ranting about American women and feminism, etc. There's no use ranting about stuff you can't change, like race, feminism, corruption, bad cultures, etc.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Winston wrote:
September 27th, 2020, 10:52 am

You guys, it's not true that I like a lot of drama and conflict on the forum. No way. I don't like toxic places or toxic people at all. If it were up to me, this forum would be mainly about:

1. Sharing trip reports from expats abroad or travel experiences.
2. Posting questions about foreign women, foreign cultures, or living abroad, in the hopes of receiving answers to them.
3. Sharing tips and advice about self-improvement.
4. Helping to uplift and inspire those misfits who are depressed in America or wherever with encouragement, without judging them or calling them losers or blaming them for their predicament, unless of course, they have a genuine psychiatric disorder.
Winston your the main conspiracy KOOK...
Time to Hide!
statnerd
Freshman Poster

Post by statnerd »

Why do people announce that they are leaving? How dramatic. Why don't they just stop posting?
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

statnerd wrote:
September 27th, 2020, 6:24 pm
Why do people announce that they are leaving? How dramatic. Why don't they just stop posting?
Because 'statnerd' the two posters involved are interesting and prolific posters on a board with about 10 active posters, we go and this board goes to shit - especially if Yohan and Marcos state they're becoming less interested in posting because it is becoming boring - which it is! Then it is the end of the board because it can't afford to lose Yohan nor Marcos either. Also, we're helping Winston with the direction this board was taking but it seems 'spencer' has been ejected from the premises. That and Winston knows my identity - it's only fair to tell him this way seeing as I have been a member for around six years.

Now, if I had joined in 2018 and had 80 odd posts then I wouldn't have written such a post because nobody would have given a shit if I stayed or left. Hope that clarifies things.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: About Time I Left As Well... (Yick)

Post by Winston »

Maybe we should give them both farewell party and retirement dinner and award ceremony. Lol. You guys are so sentimental right?

Yick i didnt get your PM yet with your skype contact.

Are you still in China? Is skype not blocked in China?