Wouldn't it be nice to have a decent social circle?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
mattyman
Junior Poster

Wouldn't it be nice to have a decent social circle?

Post by mattyman »

By that I mean not relying on 1 or 2 people for all your social needs who're not always reliable.(due to other friends having left the area).

Wouldn'd it be nice to have people in your social circle;
  • To go for walks with
  • To go biking with
  • To go to the beach with
  • To go swimming with
  • To go for coffee with
I would rather have 4 or 5 or more friends I can contact who're not scared to do these things outdoors. I'm envious of all those lucky teenagers because they have more than 1 or 2 people they can count on to meet with.

I'm very envious and jealous of all those people in couples and with big groups of friends. The reason is; they've got the luxury of knowing loads of people before all this covid stuff begun, all the ways of meeting new people outside your social circle have been shut-down (Christ that was hard).

I know there's going to be negative replies saying I'm a loser for not having these luxuries, but I don't care about negative comments.

I'm interested in people who've been in a situation where they've missed these things and what they've done about such situations in the past. It is bloody painful.

I know there's two types of people who're likely to see this a) those that will relate and b) the trolls; those who'll just e nasty.

I'm all ears to people who've been in similar situations, who relate, insights of how to cope, or even advice as to what can be done to change this situation.

Trolls, insulters & the like won't be listened to. I hope the good people reply before the gremlins notice.
statnerd
Freshman Poster

Re: Wouldn't it be nice to have a decent social circle?

Post by statnerd »

No. Doing things with one or two like-minded people is enjoyable. If they're not around, I'm perfectly happy doing things on my own.

With 4 or 5 people, there are too many people talking and competing for each other's attention.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

statnerd wrote:
February 6th, 2021, 5:31 pm
No. Doing things with one or two like-minded people is enjoyable. If they're not around, I'm perfectly happy doing things on my own.

With 4 or 5 people, there are too many people talking and competing for each other's attention.
But that's only if the group is full of individualistic egos. In Asia people are more humble and into social harmony, so groups and cliques are not competitive since these are collectivist societies. But it also means these collectivists will have no opinion of their own either, only herd mentality.

I've been in groups of shared interest, like a sci fi club in Bellingham, WA. The people there are more like acquaintances, not close friends who will do anything for you. How do you get the ideal cliques everyone loves each other like family? That's the question. Like you see in the hit sitcom "Friends". Or like the rock band "The Beatles" where all four Beatles see each other like brothers.

Deep down no one likes being alone or lonely right? Even if they won't admit it. It's human nature to want to belong and have camaraderie. It feels good too.

How come the cliques you see on TV do everything together, including lounge around and brainstorm and speak freely? lol. How do you get that? Is that a myth? Do people have cliques like that in real life?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

The 4 or 5 number is needed in order to ensure regular meetings. If 1 or 2 of you are busy or sick or can't make it for some reason, the rest can still get together. But if those 1 or 2 friends were all you had, there go your weekend plans.

Imo every single man should have such a circle if he possibly can. Center it around an activity you all enjoy, which can be a sport, a video game, Dungeons & Dragons, hiking/camping, or simply going out to the bar. It gives you something to look forward to on weekends.

Also imo, your male social circle takes priority over your dating life. Plan to meet on Saturday night with the boys, and any dates you might set up during the week have to be worked around it in your schedule. Screen out of your "regulars" any guy who is so p***y-whipped as to miss most of your get-togethers due to a woman or women.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

mattyman wrote:
February 6th, 2021, 4:18 pm
By that I mean not relying on 1 or 2 people for all your social needs who're not always reliable.(due to other friends having left the area).

Wouldn'd it be nice to have people in your social circle;
  • To go for walks with
  • To go biking with
  • To go to the beach with
  • To go swimming with
  • To go for coffee with
I would rather have 4 or 5 or more friends I can contact who're not scared to do these things outdoors. I'm envious of all those lucky teenagers because they have more than 1 or 2 people they can count on to meet with.

I'm very envious and jealous of all those people in couples and with big groups of friends. The reason is; they've got the luxury of knowing loads of people before all this covid stuff begun, all the ways of meeting new people outside your social circle have been shut-down (Christ that was hard).

I know there's going to be negative replies saying I'm a loser for not having these luxuries, but I don't care about negative comments.

I'm interested in people who've been in a situation where they've missed these things and what they've done about such situations in the past. It is bloody painful.

I know there's two types of people who're likely to see this a) those that will relate and b) the trolls; those who'll just e nasty.

I'm all ears to people who've been in similar situations, who relate, insights of how to cope, or even advice as to what can be done to change this situation.

Trolls, insulters & the like won't be listened to. I hope the good people reply before the gremlins notice.
I once had nothing and no one in my life. I started everything over with less than two dollars in my pocket as a teenager with no friends in a new state. It was lonely and painful, but I worked my way through college and built up my social skills along the way. Eventually ended up with an amazing group of people around me, but it took a lot of hard work both at school and in my career to find people I got along with. Don't give up, and always try to get better at everything you do.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Winston wrote:
February 6th, 2021, 8:54 pm
statnerd wrote:
February 6th, 2021, 5:31 pm

But that's only if the group is full of individualistic egos. In Asia people are more humble and into social harmony, so groups and cliques are not competitive since these are collectivist societies. But it also means these collectivists will have no opinion of their own either, only herd mentality.

I've been in groups of shared interest, like a sci fi club in Bellingham, WA. The people there are more like acquaintances, not close friends who will do anything for you. How do you get the ideal cliques everyone loves each other like family? That's the question. Like you see in the hit sitcom "Friends". Or like the rock band "The Beatles" where all four Beatles see each other like brothers.

Deep down no one likes being alone or lonely right? Even if they won't admit it. It's human nature to want to belong and have camaraderie. It feels good too.

How come the cliques you see on TV do everything together, including lounge around and brainstorm and speak freely? lol. How do you get that? Is that a myth? Do people have cliques like that in real life?
I've got a group like that. It's hard to get, to be perfectly honest. You have to go through a lot of good and bad and work through it over the course of years to build that kind of bond. None of us have kids or close family, so that also made us bond more strongly than most. It isn't easy to build, and you often don't know who the most important people are until shit hits the fan.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

There are over 7 billion people in the world. Out of those, are there 10 people worth associating with? I doubt it. People have turned to shit and vast majority simply deserve death.

Nonetheless I keep looking. I have run an online Old Testament reading group for years because this is the best book for non-morons, but since humanity is retarded almost no one comes. And I keep looking for good religions, but without much luck. I will visit another church in 10 days.