Do you guys think Americans and Latinos have a very different view of what it means to be rich?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
ArchibaultNew
Freshman Poster

Do you guys think Americans and Latinos have a very different view of what it means to be rich?

Post by ArchibaultNew »

Hey guys,

I have been thinking about this topic for awhile. It seems to me many people at least those influenced by Protestantism/Evangelism view becoming as having material wealth like having a big house. While some people in Latin America might want to "never work again" and maybe give it to their families. I'm only the surface of this topic. However, I feel there's much more to this.

I wonder how the rest of the world views being "rich" bare in mind that being rich might be very different depending on the place you are based at. One thing is clear is that many people in America tend to be the more "religious/frugal " businessmen type. Like George Lucas.

As opposed to the "hedonist" who likes having a lot of "cool" experiences like going to concerts, going to Japan, having a lot of sex, dining at luxury restaurants. I took to a Quebecker who said that you could find some "hedonist" type people there or in France.