Were most of the 2000s kind of the same?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Were most of the 2000s kind of the same?

Post by MrMan »

Culturally, have the 2000's so far been kind of the same. This could be my perspective as a man who was already an adult in the 2000's. Also, living overseas might have kept me from having a full grasp of the Zeitgeist.

What I mean is this. I went to part of elementary and also middle and high school in the 1980's. Fashion-wise, the 60's and 70's had those old fashioned silly bell bottoms (from the perspective of the late 1980's. Disco had been popular and then it wasn't. The '80's had electronic keyboard music, rap, and Bon Jovi and similar-sounding bands. The 60's had all these young people trying to change the planet, dressing like hippies with headbands around their heads or big fros saying 'Far out, man' 'Right on.' In the '80's, all of that was out of style.

But in terms of fashion and culture, is the early 2000s much different from the '20s? I mean, COVID sure was weird. But fashion wise, are things much different between 2000 and now?

The smart phone around 2008 was a big change. I can date older TV shows by looking at the phones. The development of a decent search engine, which became a garbage search engine, the rise of online video and social media are big changes. In recent years, lithium batteries have gotten power enough for lawnmowers and weedeaters. Another big change was the brainwashing of the country to accept LGBT, and just in the past few years, brainwashing much of the country not to believe men are men and women are women. More people seem to have succumbed to evil idiocy on these topics than in 2000. Also, 9/11 brought in crazy security practices at airports.

Come to think of it, I should limit my question to fashion and music styles. Have those changed much? Do you think the change in culture overall was really huge in the most recent 20 years?
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Were most of the 2000s kind of the same?

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Fashion is diff'rent nowadays! Dude I had hips like a petite woman, and Karl Kani jeans saved me making me look more presentable. Au contraire, skinny jeans was the beginning of the end of bagginess. *sigh* *sigh*