The Triad of HA Location Qualities

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

The Triad of HA Location Qualities

Post by Lucas88 »

There are three main qualities that I consider when evaluating the viability of a HA location. These three main qualities are:
  • Social life
  • Intellectual culture
  • Material development
Naturally, social life refers to how open and friendly a place is and the level of opportunity it affords for establishing substantial friendships and meeting women, intellectual culture refers to how intellectually stimulating a particular culture is (e.g., people's capacity for educated conversation), and material development refers to how developed the cities are and the material comforts available.

Of course, most of us would prefer for a place to score high in all of these areas but realistically most of the locations that we visit will excel only in one or two of them and patently lack in at least one. The truth is that we usually have to make sacrifices and the location that we ultimately choose will depend on what we individually value the most.

For me, I judge the following locations as having the following quality combinations:

UK - social life ABSENT, intellectual culture ABSENT, material development PRESENT

The UK is my home country and it is no secret that I absolutely hate the place. The UK offers a very poor social life with a high level of antisociality and it is quite difficult to make friends there beyond the level of mere acquaintances. It also has a poor level of intellectual culture despite the country having some elite universities. The typical Brit is a complete bumpkin who can only talk about simple material things like work, football (soccer), popular entertainment and pub culture. Don't expect any deeper level of conversation from most people. Brits typically find those with deeper intellectual interests "weird" and look at you as though you were "insane". The UK's only good point is its high level of material development with well-organized (but mostly ugly) cities, a relatively strong economy, and consumerism. Even working-class families will typically have multiple TVs, laptops, tablets, etc. and at least one vehicle.

Spain - social life PRESENT, intellectual culture PRESENT, material development PRESENT

For me, Spain has it all. As a Mediterranean country, Spain has a vibrant social life which is inclusive and gives me ample opportunities to make friends and meet hot women. The difference with the UK in that regard is literally night and day. In my experience, Spaniards by and large are much better at expressing themselves than Brits and are more willing to have conversations about culture, art, history, philosophy and other deeper topics. Finally, even though Spain is not as materially wealthy as the UK, it still has a well-developed infrastructure and offers a firstworld standard of living.

Japan - social life ABSENT, intellectual culture ABSENT, material development PRESENT

I lived in Japan in the early 2010s and generally didn't like the country. Japan is a lonely country with little social connection. I found it hard to make lasting friendships despite knowing how to speak Japanese. The social life was quite disappointing in comparison to Mediterranean and Latin American countries. Japanese people are generally not very intellectual either. Like Brits, they are mostly only capable of having conversations about simple material things like work, food, TV programs, etc. and are poor at expressing themselves. Most of them are boring wooden people. Again, like the UK, Japan excels at material development. Its cities are orderly and clean (albeit monotonous concrete jungles), it's an economic powerhouse within Asia, and you can find all kinds of products and amenities with ease.

Latin America - social life PRESENT, intellectual culture ABSENT, material development ABSENT

I've spent time in Peru and Mexico. The social life is absolutely amazing and off the chain. The culture is so wild, vivacious and free-spirited and I find myself in a constant state of exhilaration. Latin America has a unique magic. However, Latin America doesn't have a particularly developed intellectual culture for the most part. Most people are simple people more concerned with material survival and more worldly interests. They are typically more interested in fútbol, family get-togethers, dancing and partying than anything too deep. Materially, much of Latin America is still considered "developing". The larger cities are chaotic, poverty abounds in certain neighborhoods, the roads are generally of poorer quality than those of Europe, Latin American households usually have less material goodies than European ones, and everything seems more basic.

Of course, Latin America is a vast continent and my observation above cannot be generalized to every part of it. Chile for example is a materially developed country and seems to be on par with Spain in that regard. Also certain cities in Colombia and Mexico have developed a lot in the last few decades and offer a considerably higher standard of living than other parts of the continent (e.g., Querétaro, Monterrey, Medellín, etc.). Likewise, Argentina is known for its intellectual culture. People say that Argentina and its neighbor Uruguay feel more European than the rest of Latin America.

Which of these three qualities do you attribute to the countries where you have lived?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

peregrino
Freshman Poster

Re: The Triad of HA Location Qualities

Post by peregrino »

Lucas88 wrote:
February 23rd, 2023, 5:49 pm
Latin America has a unique magic. However, Latin America doesn't have a particularly developed intellectual culture for the most part. Most people are simple people more concerned with material survival and more worldly interests.
The thing about Latin America to me is it feels like everyone's stuck at a teenager level of maturity. That definitely makes the culture more relaxed and less sexually repressed, but it stunts their potential. The intellectual types are basically wannabe woke Americans.
Lucas88 wrote:
For me, Spain has it all. As a Mediterranean country, Spain has a vibrant social life which is inclusive and gives me ample opportunities to make friends and meet hot women. The difference with the UK in that regard is literally night and day. In my experience, Spaniards by and large are much better at expressing themselves than Brits and are more willing to have conversations about culture, art, history, philosophy and other deeper topics. Finally, even though Spain is not as materially wealthy as the UK, it still has a well-developed infrastructure and offers a firstworld standard of living.
Spain definitely has a lot going for it. I think the cost of living is still reasonable, due to the chronic unemployment there. Excellent food, Mediterranean climate, great trains and infrastructure. Unfortunately they have the most extreme feminist movement in all of Europe.

I don't know why I haven't considered Spain more. I guess I've just never thought Europe was for me.
Lucas88 wrote:
I found it hard to make lasting friendships despite knowing how to speak Japanese. The social life was quite disappointing in comparison to Mediterranean and Latin American countries. Japanese people are generally not very intellectual either. Like Brits, they are mostly only capable of having conversations about simple material things like work, food, TV programs, etc. and are poor at expressing themselves.
I don't speak Japanese (well) but I interact with some on HelloTalk. It does seem like even if I become fluent in Japanese, they'll just want to talk about the same few safe topics spoon fed to them by TV or SNS. Married people do seem to talk about marriage and parenting a lot. I think China would have a better intellectual culture than Japan if there wasn't so much CCP censorship.

All that said, I don't know how much "intellectual culture" is actually important for most of the guys here.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

peregrino wrote:
February 23rd, 2023, 7:21 pm
Spain definitely has a lot going for it. I think the cost of living is still reasonable, due to the chronic unemployment there. Excellent food, Mediterranean climate, great trains and infrastructure. Unfortunately they have the most extreme feminist movement in all of Europe.

I don't know why I haven't considered Spain more. I guess I've just never thought Europe was for me.
Yes, in Spain the cost of living is reasonable. You can live comfortably even in the cities. You can also find some remarkably cheap properties if you are willing to live in a small town.

In Spain the unemployment is structural due to the country's overreliance on tourism and the building sector and its relative lack of industry. It is not a great country for work. However, if you are have sources of passive income or location-independent work or have made your money in another country, then Spain is the ideal HA location in many ways.

I don't perceive that the feminism in Spain is as bad as some people think. Sure, there's a big public display of "the women's movement" with things like state-sponsored campaigns on TV denouncing "domestic violence" and such, but the type of feminism that predominates in Spain is typically not sex-negative (towards male sexuality) like the Anglo variety nor is it anywhere near as misandric. There's little sexual repression in Spanish society. I personally believe that the feminism in the Anglosphere and Northern Europe is much worse.

Moreover, Spain has large Latin American and other immigrant communities and it's easy to find more exotic and friendlier women from Latin countries like Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Brazil, Honduras and the Caribbean as well as Eastern European countries like Russia and Bulgaria. If Iberian Spanish females aren't your thing, you still have plenty of other options in any major city.

Knowledge of Spanish is a must. I advise anybody who wants to relocate to Spain to study the language in depth.
peregrino wrote:
February 23rd, 2023, 7:21 pm
I don't speak Japanese (well) but I interact with some on HelloTalk. It does seem like even if I become fluent in Japanese, they'll just want to talk about the same few safe topics spoon fed to them by TV or SNS. Married people do seem to talk about marriage and parenting a lot. I think China would have a better intellectual culture than Japan if there wasn't so much CCP censorship.
Both in Japan and elsewhere, I've found Chinese and other Asians like Vietnamese much easier to talk to and capable of a much greater range of conversations than the Japanese. I lived in Japan and learned Japanese to a high level but I don't vibe with Japanese people at all. I find them painfully boring and mundane as well as difficult to interact with and really fake too (fakeness is built into their social culture with the concept of honne to tatemae 本音建前). Chinese people on the other hand are relatively easy to talk to as long as you speak a language in common. Vietnamese people in particular are friendly and outgoing and those who I've met seemed to have a high level of cultural refinement. I have a good impression of most if not all Southeast Asian nationalities.
peregrino
Freshman Poster

Post by peregrino »

Another thing I forgot about Spain, it's the main immigration destination from Latin America besides the US. So if you like Latinas, there should be plenty of them around.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

peregrino wrote:
March 6th, 2023, 3:40 am
Another thing I forgot about Spain, it's the main immigration destination from Latin America besides the US. So if you like Latinas, there should be plenty of them around.
Yes, Spain has a huge Latin American population. That's how I met my Peruvian ex-girlfriend. I had just arrived in Spain and she was studying her master's degree at the university in the same city. We started dating and then became engaged.

Valencia is full of Latinas. You'll find hot Colombian women with big titties and awesome booties everywhere. In fact, there are even Latin American nightclubs, bars and restaurants. A guy has plenty of opportunities to meet a nice hot mamacita.