which country has the best spanish accent and how do I improve my accent?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
69ixine
Junior Poster

which country has the best spanish accent and how do I improve my accent?

Post by 69ixine »

I heard colombia,and peru have the best accents.

I have a nice accent when speaking spanish,but I would like to have a native speaker accent.

what is the best way to improve my accent?My mother spoke fluently with a native speaker's accent.
scamming simps,and raking in the dough with my AI female version softcore adult pics to get HA to be a reality.

https://playgroundai.com/search?q=huge+breasts

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Re: which country has the best spanish accent and how do I improve my accent?

Post by Lucas88 »

69ixine wrote:
July 11th, 2023, 1:20 pm
I heard colombia,and peru have the best accents.

I have a nice accent when speaking spanish,but I would like to have a native speaker accent.

what is the best way to improve my accent?My mother spoke fluently with a native speaker's accent.
The Spanish spoken in Colombia, Ecuador and Peru is generally considered clear and well-spoken. If you use the educated speech from those regions as a model for your own Spanish, you'll most likely develop a fairly neutral Latin American accent with crisp and easily understood pronunciation and without many peculiarities. Colombian Spanish is widely recognized as the best Spanish to learn. It's clearly enunciated and not spoken too fast. Peruvian Spanish is also clear but typically spoken a little faster.

Once you leave that particular northwestern region of South America the Spanish starts to become more peculiar. Chileans have their own unique variety which is spoken extremely fast and with considerable omission of certain sounds and with its own musical intonation. The Rioplatense variety spoken in Argentina and Uruguay has a distinctive Italian-like quality and uses various grammatical constructs that are not used elsewhere. Many of the Central American varieties of Spanish (e.g., Honduran and Costa Rican) also have their own unique features and can be difficult to understood (my Peruvian ex-girlfriend was in Costa Rica and couldn't understand most of what people were saying). And Caribbean Spanish (including northern Colombia) is practically its own entity and has a reputation for being difficult to understand.

Mexican Spanish is clear and easy to understand and many foreign learners use it as a model but, despite its clarity, Mexican Spanish definitely has many distinctive features that immediately tell you that it is Mexican and so it doesn't sound as neutral as the Colombian, Ecuadorian and Peruvian varieties of Spanish. Mexican Spanish actually has a lot of lexical and grammatical peculiarities that seem strange to other Spanish speakers.

I don't know much about Venezuelan Spanish. I've heard that most regions of Venezuela speak in a similar way to Caribbean Spanish.

As for how to develop a nice Latin American accent, watch a lot of telenovelas and other Spanish-language media and speak with native speakers while trying to imitate the speech patterns you heard on TV. Also read aloud. Pay attention to pronunciation and intonation. Try to pronounce all of the words correctly and with a natural intonation.

Immersion is extremely helpful. Try to spend months at a time in a Spanish-speaking country speaking nothing but the local language. That tends to improve pronunciation a lot.
Jsport
Freshman Poster

Post by Jsport »

Paraguayan Spanish I would say is, the most unique Spanish there is but, its not an ideal Spanish for a non-Spanish speaker to learn. The Spanish that is spoken by Paraguayans is, a completely different vibe and accent from the Spanish spoken anywhere else. Many Paraguayans also mix Spanish with Guarani which makes it even more unique. I personally speak Spanish with a Paraguayan accent and with a few words that I know in Guarani, here and there but, I don't actually speak or understand Guarani and only use some Guarani words only when I speak to Paraguayans or to Paraguayan Americans like myself.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

When I was in Argentina 30 years ago I heard Thalia singing. Her spanish was just awesome. I think Argentine spanish sounded nice too. Many people learn spanish with Thalia songs. I know I talked about her before but her songs are amazing