Anyone else feel this way?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Anyone else feel this way?

Post by zacb »

So I have set up an account with VK , and made some friends. One that I really enjoy talking with. But anyways, so that kind of eased my pressure about moving overseas (after I build up a stream of income) and has put me in a good mood, along with some other things that are working out. When I feel like this, nothing else matter except what I am trying to get done. It is like the only thing that matters is my stock trading (doing pretty well on some trades right now), my html course, working on my business, and learning some new languages. In the past I have felt this way, but I would get love sick and snap out this wonderful zen. But something hit me today.

You see, today I turned 18. And so up to this point, I have seen immature, albeit somewhat interesting people showing up on my match on meetme.com. 15-16, then 17-19 is what I could choose from, which was boring but alright. So today since I am 18, I got some new choices, and not to be stereotypical, but 50% of the single women on this part of the site had children (even the ones 21 and under) and were rather interesting to read (their bio). It then hit me. This isn't Kansas Todo (or whatever that dogs name was). Now look, I don't mind if people make mistakes, But when you realize that there is more than one and you might have to take care of them, it kind of puts things in perspective. Not to be rude, but has anyone heard of birth control and condoms??? And don't give me the bs everyone is Catholic. But anyways, it made me think, and now I think the decision is final, I am going overseas. And as soon as I decided that, I had the zen, or piece of mind more. So now all I think about is moving, my business, learning languages, college a bit, programming, and investing. And I should note that prior to this I had similar feelings with politics. Now that I won't live with these issues, why should I care? Sure I care enough as long as it interferes with me moving. Other than that, no. So anyone else have a moment that sent them to zen? I don't know if it is apathy, lethargy, or happiness, but I used to worry about alot of things, but now that I know I am moving, I don't worry about half the stuff I used to.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Re: Anyone else feel this way?

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

"So anyone else have a moment that sent them to zen? "

I live most of my life in what you would call a "zen like" state.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

I guess it is somewhat like what Harry Browne was talking about "How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World". It is kind of nice.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com