How do normal men find wives or girlfriends in America?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
fdiv
Freshman Poster

Re: How do normal men find wives or girlfriends in America?

Post by fdiv »

Just go to the Philippines. If you are tall and not bald and fat, and have a big schnoz, you will have older women offer their younger relatives to you for marriage. Honest to god, this one Chinese filipina lady I am friends with is trying to set me up with her grand niece who is 18 and a "virgin". If you go around and socialize a bit, you will get plenty of opportunity to meet marrigable girls there. By the way they arent poor either. Yolanda owns property and runs a shop. She is from a respectable family in her area. Its too bad because of my work situation I cant consider it. I'm making good money now but I have to be in the U.S. and I work long hours and I'm away from home all the time. I need to transition to other work first. I'm in no position to marry and start a family right now.
options in the US: maybe have a shot at a angry bluehaired landwhale and then, prison :roll:
options abroad: limitless 8)
Joe_
Freshman Poster

Post by Joe_ »

Last edited by Joe_ on April 6th, 2022, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

If you want to find a wife or girlfriend in America, you need the help of your friends. If you are trying to meet women on your own, good luck. :roll:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

JollyBengali wrote:
July 3rd, 2015, 3:24 pm
Social circles and college environment is the right answer. People form friends early on in middle/high school/college. Those friends will introduce you to other people, some of whom will become your friends. Those friends will introduce you to other people, some of whom will become your friends, and so on. It's a self-reinforcing positive feedback loop. As your network grows, you'll keep getting introduced to social circles, each with at least a couple of single available women.

Breaking into the cycle to begin with is the hard part, and comes down almost entirely due to luck/circumstance. If you have parents who moved around a lot making it difficult to establish a network in one location, or you made friends with people who then moved away (bad luck), or ended up with an antisocial roommate in college, or ended up in a team of older people in your first job, or have careers/hobbies that are not appealing to women, you're going to struggle. It's pretty rare that a person is so socially skilled that he can make the most of bad circumstances; most people would struggle if they, say, moved to a new city where they knew no one.

Excellent points, social circles are the right environment to meet people (not just women but also to make friends with guys). Those friends you make will introduce you to other people. This way you are meeting other guys and single women through your social circles.

Like you said, initially breaking into the social circle is the difficult part. If you had parents that moved around a lot when you were growing up that would make it difficult to establish friendships. It's rare that a person can make lot's of friends on his own and meet lot's of women on his own. You need to have a social circle set up in order to have meet people and have a good social life.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
ArchibaultNew
Freshman Poster

Post by ArchibaultNew »

Winston wrote:
June 15th, 2015, 2:02 pm
Teal Lantern wrote:
Winston wrote:But not young women, no way, they are the most averse to talking to strangers.
Sheeeiiiiit. :lol: Let her like your looks or think you have something she wants, she'll come up with a reason to say something to you.
They can be quite aggressive about this, too. Painting your house? Putting in a new driveway? Have a remodel going on? Doing some of your own car repair?
Suddenly soft voices and smiling faces are greeting you 'Good morning', when you're checking the mailbox or tending your yard. :roll: :lol:

Winston wrote:Now I know society has cliches such as "just go out and meet people" but as we all know, such cliches aren't realistic and don't work, since all the above obstacles don't make it easy or natural at all.
Nothing is 100%. A girl giving me the cold shoulder may well be all over you. YMMV.
As an aside, you're more likely to get chatted up at a DIY home improvement store than at a Walmart. :wink:
I don't need 100 percent anything. A 5 or 10 percent hit rate would be good enough. But that's very hard in the US. You are talking fantasy here. Your reality is in TV sitcoms, not in real life. Women in suburban neighborhoods are married and do not chat up single guys in the neighborhood who are outside doing stuff. Even if you have friendly neighbors who will chat with you or say hi, it's just superficial chat. They don't invite you over and stuff like they do on TV.

In America people keep a polite distance. It's a "You mind your own business, I mind my own business, let's just wave politely if we see each other" type of society.

Home improvement store? Excuse me, but women rarely go to Home Depot or Ace Hardware, and if they do, they are getting stuff for their family because they are married. What world do you live in? There are more women in Walmart. But women there do not talk to strangers. What fantasy land do you live in?
Great comment Winston. It's interesting that you find Americans this way. I wonder how much ethnicity plays a role? The more I learn about American society the more it seems like its mostly insular tribes groups. So far only in the big liberal cities(NYC..) do I see people mixing with each other. It seems that otherwise most people "stick to their own."