Do Italians really think America is wonderful like this? No way!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Do Italians really think America is wonderful like this? No way!

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

yick wrote:
November 15th, 2020, 5:21 am
Italianman wrote:
November 12th, 2020, 12:34 pm
yick wrote:
November 11th, 2020, 8:10 pm
There are only two countries on the exemption list for the Diversity Lottery Visa that could be considered first world countries and that is Canada (right next door...) and the UK (excluding Northern Ireland...) the rest are third world countries. To get on the list - the citizens of any country have needed to supplied 50000 immigrants to the United States within the last five years.

A lot of the Brits and Canadians have married Americans and got legality that way. But it seems that a lot of Europeans aren't trying to live the 'American Dream' or even trying to attempt it but I am sure it is still quite attractive for Indians, Pakistanis, Chinese and Russians.

Has anyone seen that daft movie about Tom Hanks living in an airport and he wanted to go back to his home country than take up US residency and the Pakistani cleaner 'it is EVERYONES dream to live in this country you coward' and I laughed at that scene because there are obviously Americans who believe this shit. :lol:
Yeah, to make it top tier in America, most Europeans do not have the imagination or overall brains. If you're not the best of the best, living in whatever country you're from is safer.
Very few Europeans are interested in living in America. Brits, Irish, Russians, Poles, Ukrainians and one or two others.
I'm not sure I would say "very few" because there are now 4.6 million European-born Americans living in the USA right now. Since most Europeans can have visa-free access to the USA, there is no need to emigrate there. However, some smaller non-EU countries like Georgia, Armenia, Ukraine, and other former East Bloc nations have populations clamoring to get into America even today. I shake my head in disbelief about it, but it is almost entirely employment and economy based.

https://data.census.gov/cedsci/table?t= ... view=false

As Europe's economy tanks, that number will rise however.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Re: Do Italians really think America is wonderful like this? No way!

Post by hypermak »

yick wrote:
November 15th, 2020, 5:21 am
Very few Europeans are interested in living in America. Brits, Irish, Russians, Poles, Ukrainians and one or two others.
I would personally never live in the US unless I have a serious career reason for it. Especially knowing the state of complete collective hysteria that is accompanying the fall of the empire.