Winnie, why are your forums censored now?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

I hope to God they don'tforce those domains. Worse comes toworse, tor is there.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

designer wrote:There are standards. But sadly a few generations have gone by in which Americans no longer recognize that there are standards in any thing. Anything goes and few people now can speak without swearing each and every other word. There is no class among most americans and the lewdest most vile of topics are presented without shame. They believe this to be "freedom of speech", however despite this 'freedom' so many are unable to articulate their personal opinions and ideas. Filth is 'IN' and popular these days. Thus reality tv prevails. I am just amazed that these americans believe that they even deserve to take part in dating abroad. They fail to see how they themselves, despite their declarations of how bad american women are. They themselves promote the american ideology of ignorance and filth all over the world. Many Americans have no class and it is reflected in their daily interactions. Most americans believe it is their right to promote speech of behavior that is no good for anyone. Even at the cost of life, children and humanity itself. Please don't take away our ability to use profanity. Indeed, yet then many asks why feminists and others fail to take the date/marriage abroad movement seriously. The language and lewd topics themselves help to invalidate the movement. I think highly of what Winston is doing to help bring standards to this site. Allowing it to continue to function as a resource of positive information for those who wish to date abroad. As opposed to allowing HA to spiral into just another typical conspiracy theory/p**n/racist/mangina/ignorant rant site. I do not want to be associated with a p**n site and I will leave if the topics here continue to lean towards that type of filth.
+1
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Winston is doing all this, so he can continue to earn money from this site(my guess is his income depends on it ;) ).

Otherwise, I don't think he would give a damn. Certainly doesn't about the trolls. >_>
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

C.J. wrote:Winston is doing all this, so he can continue to earn money from this site(my guess is his income depends on it ;) ).

Otherwise, I don't think he would give a damn. Certainly doesn't about the trolls. >_>
Ha! So his income depends on policing these forums and making them as politically correct as possible? If that ain't poetic justice...
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

All_That_Is_Man wrote:Ha! So his income depends on policing these forums and making them as politically correct as possible? If that ain't poetic justice...
Google AdSense is apparently profitable. However you get side-listed if your site contains adult content - you don't earn money from AdSense I believe.

But that's not my biggest pet peeve about this site. It's all these dating site and who knows what else ads that make the site fully load only after 10 whole minutes!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Hi Winston,

Just to let you know that your site is stupendously slow here today, it loads the header then says waiting for tag.contextweb.com. It's not the first time it's done this. If you're only earning peanuts from them, then ditch them!

Also put your other ads into iframes, then they'll load while the rest of the content is coming up (don't put AdSense in an iframe though!).

And to everyone else, sheesh it costs money to run websites - there's hosting, email costs and TIME, especially for a forum. Winston needs to police this place to stop dumb Indian SEO companies overrunning it with spam, plus there are the usual trolls and weirdos to contend with. And when Winston's deleting spam, he isn't writing informative eBooks, or out meeting tall and skinny Chinese girls.

And the Internet is full of weirdos, from people impersonating us on other forums, to people who fake their own death (yes this happened to another forum I used to post on!).

So Winston deserves every cent he makes from this place!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

xiongmao wrote:Hi Winston,

Just to let you know that your site is stupendously slow here today, it loads the header then says waiting for tag.contextweb.com. It's not the first time it's done this. If you're only earning peanuts from them, then ditch them!

Also put your other ads into iframes, then they'll load while the rest of the content is coming up (don't put AdSense in an iframe though!).

And to everyone else, sheesh it costs money to run websites - there's hosting, email costs and TIME, especially for a forum. Winston needs to police this place to stop dumb Indian SEO companies overrunning it with spam, plus there are the usual trolls and weirdos to contend with. And when Winston's deleting spam, he isn't writing informative eBooks, or out meeting tall and skinny Chinese girls.

And the Internet is full of weirdos, from people impersonating us on other forums, to people who fake their own death (yes this happened to another forum I used to post on!).

So Winston deserves every cent he makes from this place!

I've noticed the same here too. Very very slow and sometimes the page doesn't even load completely after refreshing a few times.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

LoveMe's slowing the boat down now. Where is Winston anyway? Sleeping?
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

This website is so slow now! What happened? It takes me two or three minutes just to load one page on HA.