The Good in Human Nature

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Re: The Good in Human Nature

Post by Kradmelder »

Wolfeye wrote:Kradmelder: Good stuff! Might have something to do with you having a motorcycle- a car seems like shielding & like you're being greedy for conveniences. By the way: What bike(s) do you have? I'm looking into getting one & I want off-road ability combined with an ability to go cross-country while sitting upright. I'm thinking of maybe having a Harley converted to a semi-dirt bike (meaning it would mostly be a Harley, but I could handle things like curbs & driving it straight off the bed of a truck/van- you never know when that would come in handy or when you'd need to cut through some unpaved ground). I'm very new when it comes to bikes & I have a hard time finding things that explain it. Living in New York doesn't help, since everything's a pain in the ass & I don't live way upstate.

Speaking on the topic of people helping out & being sociable, I had a similar experience when I was in Hungary: I couldn't find the place I booked a room at & was having problems getting the internet to work on my phone (which was still pretty new to me). I couldn't call the place, since I didn't have internet to get the number & I booked it on Booking.com- not from the people at the actual place (so no "recently called" list). It was called Apartments4You. I wind up going to a place that HAS apartments, and people DO rent them out, but it's not a place that's like a hotel with a front desk to book rooms at.
So I'm wandering around, trying to find the right place, and I go into a gym because it was open (it was at night & there weren't a lot of people around or places that were open) & I asked the woman at the desk about it. She looks all kinds of stuff up, writes me things down, explains things to me, and tells me if I can't find the place I could just go straight down the Danube & I'll eventually run into one that probably wouldn't be that cheap, but it would be there.
So I'm walking around, I couldn't find the place, and I'm taking her advice to go down the Danube. I'm walking for a while & I run into these three guys that were speaking English with what sounded like a British accent (apparently, the British teach English in other countries like Americans do & people sometimes pick up that accent when they're speaking English). I ask them if there's a hotel up ahead & tell them my situation, then they offer to help me out. They walked with me for a good long while, in the cold, to help me find the place (we wind up at the same place) & then they book me a room at a hotel I didn't know about that was a bit further up. They walk me to the place & wait until I'm checked-in, I offer to give them some money for all the help they gave me & they turned it down (twice, actually), we exchange numbers & didn't wind up doing anything- but I was utterly floored by that. I told them I thought that this would NEVER happen in America.

We also had good conversation along the way, about a variety of things. I noticed the Hungarians are a pretty worldly people & it was a lucky thing I have some historical details & a philosophical ability or things would probably have been pretty dull. A conversation about mostly anything in detail is a rare thing in the US (in my experience) & it's rare that the subjects are on things that are more intangible (like cultural traits & historical situations having influence down the road). Oh- and no one freaked-out & accused someone of racism! I think it came up jokingly, but it was just that.

Dont get a harley. Their suspension is not geared for offroad. Nor do they have ground clearance nor the seating position for offroad.

They just turn money into noise. They vibrate and are slow with poor brakes. Harley is the ultimate marketting company selling image.

In america they are cheap because of duties on all other bikes.

Off road ktm is best but if you ride a lot of tar they are not ideal. Bmw is better on tar worse on dirt. The jap bikes stay away from sports bikes. You will kill yourself and they are very oncomfortable. The jap dual sport that can do off road are a good compromise and cheaper then the ktms and bmws. But i only buy white. I prefer to pay more for quality and to keep whites employed. Hence i only have ktm and bmw.

For that reason i understand an ami buying harley. But it is not a good bike nor suited for off road.

The concept of offering money, touchy and could be offensive. I often help stranded people. If they offer me money i feel offended and tell them i m not a hired man. To offer them money twice is worse.

The time some young man helped me fix my bike and find a place to stay, i just said let me buy you a beer. It shows appreciation but doesnt make him feel i see him as just wanting money. Americans are quick to offer money. For many other people money isnt the purpose.

It isnt only a white thing. Muslims, blacks whatever have often lent a hand and asked no money. Blacks are most prone to do so, but not all. A jew wot help except to help push you further into the ditch. I dont know asia.

I must say in america you dont often get offered help. Everyone is too afraid of strangers. That is why the reaction of jognny law makes sense. But if you meet american for work they are very friendly and helpful. One yank even lent me a car. A .mindset like helping someone just to screw them or for money is anathema to a white person here.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

Dear Kradmelder,

You say: "It isnt only a white thing. Muslims, blacks whatever have often lent a hand and asked no money. Blacks are most prone to do so, but not all."

NEWSFLASH!
You are p***y-SLAYING SON-OF-A-BITCH. AND YOU HAVE A MOTORCYCLE!
THEY WANT TO f**k YOU!
Most mortals unlike yourself are not RICH, p***y-MAGNETS that everyone wants to f**k!

Meanwhile on Earth!
Most people are not that nice to everyone.
Last edited by Jonny Law on May 6th, 2017, 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Johnny law, newsflash. I have 3 top end european motorcyles and a 4x4. And a large house. They all want to f**k. But most want to move in, f**k, and then leave with a merc or bmw. But not all.

And kit to fit everything from 8 yo old boys to my size. Like 64 helmet and size 12 boot. But not to fit fat chicks. Nothing with a big enough waist size :lol: I have no intention to take fat chicks for that kind of ride. Or to be taken for a ride.
Man With a Plan
Freshman Poster

Post by Man With a Plan »

Meh. I'd say avoid cruisers/Harleys. Personally, they're too loud, overrated, and carry a white trash image. I imagine the only lass you'd have sitting bitch would be Betty from the diner down the road with sagging breasts and an obscene smoking habit. Litrebikes are what I prefer, but they don't offer the most comfortable ride. I wouldn't mind a naked or a standard, or even a dirt moto. Nice and light, and not too bad on asphalt.

Buy what you like, of course. Try each kind of bike out. Go with the one that you enjoy most.
BACK IN IT! || Happier Abroad Discord Server now open!

Knowledge Seeker | Sleeping Revolutionary | Lone Wolf
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Man With a Plan wrote:Meh. I'd say avoid cruisers/Harleys. Personally, they're too loud, overrated, and carry a white trash image. I imagine the only lass you'd have sitting bitch would be Betty from the diner down the road with sagging breasts and an obscene smoking habit. Litrebikes are what I prefer, but they don't offer the most comfortable ride. I wouldn't mind a naked or a standard, or even a dirt moto. Nice and light, and not too bad on asphalt.

Buy what you like, of course. Try each kind of bike out. Go with the one that you enjoy most.
Agree. But the litre crotch rocket sports bikes are not practical as regular transport and are uncomfortable. Also they are high risk for a beginner. Those jap super bikes are a samurai hara kiri wish :lol:

Harleys have a white trash image only in america. Here only doctors and dentists and lawyers ride them. The white trash can only afford jap stuff :lol:

You also a biker?
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

Kradmelder wrote:Johnny law, newsflash. I have 3 top end european motorcyles and a 4x4. And a large house. They all want to f**k. But most want to move in, f**k, and then leave with a merc or bmw. But not all.

And kit to fit everything from 8 yo old boys to my size. Like 64 helmet and size 12 boot. But not to fit fat chicks. Nothing with a big enough waist size :lol: I have no intention to take fat chicks for that kind of ride. Or to be taken for a ride.
I AM SO VERY DISAPPOINTED IN YOU KRADMELDER!
You only have 3 top-end european motorcyles :evil:
You are such a Rich-Wealthy, p***y-Slaying, Son-Of-A-Bitch.
I actually thaought you would have at least a minimum of 5 or 6 top-end european motorcycles.
I kind of feel sorry for you.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Jonny Law wrote:
Kradmelder wrote:Johnny law, newsflash. I have 3 top end european motorcyles and a 4x4. And a large house. They all want to f**k. But most want to move in, f**k, and then leave with a merc or bmw. But not all.

I AM SO VERY DISAPPOINTED IN YOU KRADMELDER!
You only have 3 top-end european motorcyles :evil:
You are such a Rich-Wealthy, p***y-Slaying, Son-Of-A-Bitch.
I actually thaought you would have at least a minimum of 5 or 6 top-end european motorcycles.
I kind of feel sorry for you.
No more space in the garage :lol: believe me my eyes are open to another bike :lol: mr and bikes are like a darkie chief and wives.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

I sure hope you don't have an accident on your bike such as someone intentionally causing you to careen off a cliff or something. It would not be pleasant to hear that they had to scrape up what was left of you off the ground or off of a brick wall.

8)
Man With a Plan
Freshman Poster

Post by Man With a Plan »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:I sure hope you don't have an accident on your bike such as someone intentionally causing you to careen off a cliff or something. It would not be pleasant to hear that they had to scrape up what was left of you off the ground or off of a brick wall.

8)
I am a biker, but no pushover. I'd deal with anyone I saw in a vehicle trying to bully or endanger a biker. I get that not a lot of people like bikes, but that's no right to almost murder their riders.
BACK IN IT! || Happier Abroad Discord Server now open!

Knowledge Seeker | Sleeping Revolutionary | Lone Wolf
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Kradmelder: Thought there was a few conversions of Harley Sportsters that could do off road. I would definitely want to at least be able to zip around off the road if something came up. I noticed the seats were kind of low, but I'm also 5'3"- would it make sense to maybe have a low seat & a very strong suspension? I'd think if I beefed up the suspension, it might be a rougher landing (since they're not gradually compressing like they would if they had a long distance to slow things down), but it would work at a lower seat height to keep the bike from slamming against the ground. True? False?

I'll look into the KTM & BMW bikes. Any particular models? I'm really looking for versatility, so I've got to be able to do road & at least a bit of off-road. That way I can get over curbs, go over stairs, drive it off of truck/van beds, and also stuff like ride across grass/dirt/stones. I'm thinking that I could get by without having to have a full-on dirt bike, but maybe I'm wrong on that? I also keep wondering on winter bikes- are there any? I think ATVs are awesome, but they're not able to zip through traffic & are almost never street legal- that combination is a bit of a problem, as one might guess.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Wolfeye wrote:Kradmelder: Thought there was a few conversions of Harley Sportsters that could do off road. I would definitely want to at least be able to zip around off the road if something came up. I noticed the seats were kind of low, but I'm also 5'3"- would it make sense to maybe have a low seat & a very strong suspension? I'd think if I beefed up the suspension, it might be a rougher landing (since they're not gradually compressing like they would if they had a long distance to slow things down), but it would work at a lower seat height to keep the bike from slamming against the ground. True? False?

I'll look into the KTM & BMW bikes. Any particular models? I'm really looking for versatility, so I've got to be able to do road & at least a bit of off-road. That way I can get over curbs, go over stairs, drive it off of truck/van beds, and also stuff like ride across grass/dirt/stones. I'm thinking that I could get by without having to have a full-on dirt bike, but maybe I'm wrong on that? I also keep wondering on winter bikes- are there any? I think ATVs are awesome, but they're not able to zip through traffic & are almost never street legal- that combination is a bit of a problem, as one might guess.
The seating position is still wrong on a sportster. And it is heavy. Look at the power to weight ratio of a sportser compared to a jap off road bike and you will how far behind a harley is.

Your height is a big issue for dirt bikes, which are tall. The bikes i ride have a seat height of 870-910 mm. That is 34 to 36 inches. If your legs are short you are out of the market. If you are a beginner dont even think of a bike that you cant touch the ground with both feet.

For a short person look at a bmw 650 with low seat option. If you are just learning dont plan on dirt. You will fall and damage the bike. Dirt riding is more tecnical as you add terrain problems and obstacles. The only dirt bike suitable for learning are plastic bikes that kids ride. But they are not street legal.

By an old mid size second hand bike to learn on. Something that wont cost a fortune to fix if you fall. And you will. After a year on that then go on from there.

And do a bike saftey course. Not just teaching you to ride but teaching you how accidents happen and avoidance techniques. They are like 2 days and not too expensive. But could save you serious injury.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Kradmelder: I'll give that one a look, thanks. Am I off-base for thinking that a custom job on the suspension would help a low bike do at least some off-road stuff?

That's a bit weird, now that I'm looking at it- isn't A LOT of the world's population pretty short? I mean 5'0'' to 5'6'' ? I could have sworn that motorcycles are the most common form of motor vehicle on the planet, too. Then again, I guess China doesn't have quite as many, even though they have a large population of short people.

What's the minimum height you need on those? Like if you're looking to just do rough terrain, not high jumps?
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Wolfeye wrote:Kradmelder: I'll give that one a look, thanks. Am I off-base for thinking that a custom job on the suspension would help a low bike do at least some off-road stuff?

That's a bit weird, now that I'm looking at it- isn't A LOT of the world's population pretty short? I mean 5'0'' to 5'6'' ? I could have sworn that motorcycles are the most common form of motor vehicle on the planet, too. Then again, I guess China doesn't have quite as many, even though they have a large population of short people.

What's the minimum height you need on those? Like if you're looking to just do rough terrain, not high jumps?
The fork angle and seating poaition still not right. How can you stand on the pegs to go over ruts and roxks on a harley?

Nothing you do to a harley can turn it into a proper bike for anything other than posing. It is too heavy to be a dirt bike, too slow for a street bike. It is a bike whose only real niche is image, complete with lots of noise and a pirate costume to get attention..harley is about a biker image, not about techical love of bikes and appreciation of a bike.

I hate that biker image. What does a pirate costume and 500 pounds of under powered chrome have to do with technical riding?

Sports bikes and cruisers are low. So are chinese bikes. They are by far the bulk of sales. The big off roaders sell largely in SA and australia and america. But in america they are not nearly as common as harleys.

Europeans by some but they ride almost entirely on tar. The tall off roaders are for where tar is not as common. Only 13 pct of sa roads are tarred. In those countries the market is white men. And southern hemisphere white men tend to be tall and large.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Kradmelder wrote:It isnt only a white thing. Muslims, blacks whatever have often lent a hand and asked no money. Blacks are most prone to do so, but not all. A jew wot help except to help push you further into the ditch.

Don't you mean "darkies"? Are you truly saying that there are blacks there in your country who are not robbing from you, or threatening your life? Is this so?

Are you certain those blacks did not use your troubles as an excuse to rob or murder you?

Are you using this thread, which you termed "The Good in Human Nature" to say that "darkies" are part of humanity and are often good people who help you in your time of need?

I am astonished at your doctrine.