Why Are Modern Women Intent On Getting Married?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

MarcosZeitola wrote:I suppose I haven't been looking at it from that angle yet... the most logical one: free and cheap labour. No pay, no retirement, complete obedience. It's a scary thought really, becoming so independent as to be disposable. I can only hope I'll be in my grave well before this happens, if it ever comes to that.
If you reject all the stem cell and telomerase therapies during the next few decades, chances are, you won't live past 2100, so you're all set.

But if such life extension and health improvement treatments were available, esp outside of the US in places like Japan and Singapore, I'd probably go for it and live past a century. I'm already hearing about crude (call it first generation) treatments in Asia-Pacific at present time.
MarcosZeitola wrote:The whole robot-sex thing still freaks me out... but yeah, who knows what the future has in store. There'll still be poor countries in the future though. Poor countries breed poor people. Half of whom are women. Desperate women. Don't think we'll ever be without female sex companions. Real ones, that is. Your theory's pretty scary, man.
The thing is that all that excess electronic real-time surveillance and analysis, means less freedom for everyone, esp given all the corporatization going on out there.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

GOOD TAKE BY ARCHIE LUXURY ON WESTERN MARRIAGE....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgL85sAKxMU
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Ghost wrote:
Because they believe they deserve everything no matter how vile they and also because they don't believe any man should be free to live and spend his own money his own way.
Sadly, I think you are right here.

+1

Hard for me to fathom, but unscrupulous businessmen, Gypsies, and thieves look at life the same way. That's how I got my mind around it.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Hero wrote:They want a big fancy wedding to impress their friends.
sadly....
+1
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Ghost wrote:Because they believe they deserve everything no matter how vile they and also because they don't believe any man should be free to live and spend his own money his own way.
ConEx nailed it.
Lovers are for fun. Marriage is her retirement plan, and BigDaddyGov gets a revenue ramp-up, too..

(trigger warning, for nice guys)
lipstickalley.com/showthread.php?t=706423
eta: intentionally not linked
Last edited by Teal Lantern on October 4th, 2014, 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: Why Are Modern Women Intent On Getting Married?

Post by OutWest »

The wrote:Men are dragging their feet to altar now more than ever and would rather be a partner/boyfriend than husband...And women who claim to be more independent than ever, riding the cock carousel in there prime years are insisting on getting married still? Why?
There are some girls who want to get married for sound reasons. Many others like the deal in the USA.
There is little downside. Get married to some sap and if it does not work out...she gets to keep his stuff and often, much of his ongoing income. What a deal! Getting married in America is ALWAYS a threesome.
You, "your" wife, and the government. The government is every woman's default husband in the USA.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

OutWest wrote:There are some girls who want to get married for sound reasons. Many others like the deal in the USA.
There is little downside. Get married to some sap and if it does not work out...she gets to keep his stuff and often, much of his ongoing income. What a deal! Getting married in America is ALWAYS a threesome.
You, "your" wife, and the government. The government is every woman's default husband in the USA.
OW, I think you told us you were once married in the US, with a Filipina none the less. I assume your divorce was as amicable as it could get, as you said you still have an excellent relationship with your ex-wife and daughter. What percentage of divorces in the US can be considered closer to yours, I wonder... I mean, are we sure some posters aren't generalising the (probably sizeable) minority of nasty, belligerant, tragic over the entire lot and, as it usually happens over here, just exaggerating?

I have quite a few friends who are divorced, both by Italian and UK law, and only one, maybe two, over a sample of say, 25, said their divorce was completely unfair, biased against them and they were left with nothing (or less than they desired). Perhaps this extreme unfairness is in the US only...who knows...
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

publicduende wrote: I have quite a few friends who are divorced, both by Italian and UK law, and only one, maybe two, over a sample of say, 25, said their divorce was completely unfair, biased against them and they were left with nothing (or less than they desired). Perhaps this extreme unfairness is in the US only...who knows...
There is no question about that a huge amount of money is moving from the ex-husband to the ex-wife over decades after divorce in all Western countries.

Many divorced men are somewhat ashamed and are not telling the truth about what happened to them.

I met in another forum a man from Western Europe, married to a Thai, and one child with her - no problems at all with his marriage.

Many years later, he told me he is divorced in Western Europe, 1 ex-wife and 4 children, and all of them want money from him and in Thailand he is safe and has a good marriage/good family since about 10 years now. As he has a good working contract with an European company and is paid as a local in Thailand/China, no way to confiscate his income.

He sends regularly child support for his 4 children in EU, but his ex-wife receives that all and almost nothing is used for the children, so his children are calling him frequently and are asking for his financial support while his ex-wife is asking with the help of lawyers even for additional alimony, further all his former property and savings in Europe were all gone to the ex-wife.

He is lucky, as he is not financially broken, but his income is in no relation with his life-style but he is not really so happy in Thailand, he did not expect his life will be like that ...

-----

Another man I know well is from Canada, ex-wife gone with a Saudi playboy over night, still he has to pay for their child, lost his house in Vancouver and now retired in Thailand, but has still to pay alimony and child support to the ex-wife, as the Saudi playboy relationship did not work out. About 60 percent of his retirement allowance is gone including his home in Canada. What else can he do but live in Thailand with the remaining 40 percent?

-----

I also know a German man in Cebu, he was working in a factory in Frankfurt, got a serious heart problem and was in hospital for over 6 months. Finally out of hospital, his house was gone, taken by his ex-wife and her new boyfriend. He was divorced, jobless and was sent by a social service to a room in an old house in the basement, 59, he gets some social support (needs medication for lifetime) and early retirement allowance - he asked me 'what did I do wrong? I was working all my life' and he also told me sadly for his son his computer is now more important than his father... he is also missing Germany, and he had a small house near Frankfurt and another small land plot outside the city with a summer-house and beautiful garden - all gone to the ex-wife.
At least in Cebu City he finds some nice people who have time talking to him, even taking care of him a little.

-----

One of my friend in Austria made the wrong decision to marry a divorced wife with a child. She left him soon, abandoned her child, was moving back to her ex-husband (who was not the biological father of her child and disliked her child), remarried him after divorcing my friend and was demanding from him to move out of HIS house. This did not work out, as she made the mistake to abandon her child, he is now financially OK, but do not ask me for the lawyer fees to regulate that. He got custody of HER child, but of course never saw a single Euro child support.

-----

If you need horror stories about divorce from USA, I can also serve you - a guy who had his hardest time to divorce finally from his cheating psychotic wife. Finally single again - lawyer's fee USD 400.000,- +.

-----

For your info, I do not know even about a single divorce (marriage/divorce) and not co-habitation/separation, where the ex-husband who had honest intentions, was willing to work, had some savings etc. got away easily.

I know however about a woman who was living with 2 thugs from Greece and Turkey in Austria rejecting any honest local man, finally 3 children and after she was beaten up several times by both of them, they left. I heard she is living a poverty life as she is now 45+.
Shall I feel sorry for her?
Last edited by Yohan on October 4th, 2014, 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

OutWest wrote: ... married to some sap and if it does not work out...she gets to keep his stuff and often, much of his ongoing income. What a deal! Getting married in America is ALWAYS a threesome.
You, "your" wife, and the government.
Not only in USA, UK is said to be even worse. In case of problems with your divorce, take a gun or a hammer and kill your husband while he is sleeping and claim self-defense as a battered wife and walk free out of the court room and collect the inheritance. Finished.

In EU there are also serious problems, divorce rates somewhat between 50 to 70 percent, the majority initiated by the woman, especially children are used as pawns to get the house and kick the husband/father out, and often a new boyfriend is moving in very soon.

Now Germany finally regulated all these disputes about alimony, it is now strictly limited with 3 years, even if the ex-wife gets custody of the children. Feminists are crying...but the German Supreme Court confirmed this new law recently as a case of precedence.

USA is often legally seen worse than other countries, as it has harsh laws regarding domestic violence. A woman demanding a divorce needs only to claim abuse and the husband is arrested, this makes a lucrative divorce easy, even if it later turns out all these accusations were done out of fantasy. Legal fees to prove your innocence are a horror. Not much will happen to the liar, as filing a false police report is only a few hours of community work...

Western family law is gender-neutral, but law execution is very much biased towards the wife/mother.
In my native country we know about cases with the mother in prison, using child support money paid by the father for cigarettes and similar items while the children are living with the father.

Simply said, men (especially ex-husbands and fathers) in Western countries are 2nd class citizens. Walking ATMs, and when unable to work and to earn money, they are considered as broken tools - direction trash bin and forget about them. Feminism makes it possible.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

publicduende wrote:
OutWest wrote:There are some girls who want to get married for sound reasons. Many others like the deal in the USA.
OW, I think you told us you were once married in the US, with a Filipina none the less. I assume your divorce was as amicable as it could get, as you said you still have an excellent relationship with your ex-wife and daughter. What percentage of divorces in the US can be considered closer to yours, I wonder... I mean, are we sure some posters aren't generalising the (probably sizeable) minority of nasty, belligerant, tragic over the entire lot and, as it usually happens over here, just exaggerating?

I have quite a few friends who are divorced, both by Italian and UK law, and only one, maybe two, over a sample of say, 25, said their divorce was completely unfair, biased against them and they were left with nothing (or less than they desired). Perhaps this extreme unfairness is in the US only...who knows...
For men, much of the USA is about the worst place to be getting a divorce. Payments to the ex-wife
are enforced at gunpoint, while such things as shared visitation are allowed to slide if the wife is not cooperative. I do not know what percentage of divorces in the USA are such nightmares, but it is substantial. It is very destructive.

That said, one can do things to keep out of the courts as much as possible. The best advice of course, is to not be married within a US jurisdiction. If you suspect trouble is on the horizon, do your homework early. It does not sound romantic, but that is the reality in the USA. Make a habit of sequestering assets as you go. If you are simply an employee, that is more problematic, but still possible.

>>>A very strong point is this: The same moves that will help you build wealth are also likely to
give you a strong hand in a divorce, should that ever arise. The middle class farce of living beyond
your means continually and engaging ongoing consumer credit, is to be living the life of a fool.
It does not matter if you are living in a shack- live BENEATH your means.
This way of living will also allow you options in a divorce situation.

In my case, my ex was a foreign national with a different perspective than American women.
She also wanted and needed my cooperation with a number of things that the courts could not
force me to do. It was overwhelmingly obvious that an amicable divorce was in her own interest.
I tried to make sure that this was obvious early on. I did not want the courts going through my
underwear drawers.

Remember- lawyers love divorce. They are parasites that fan the flames.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Yohan wrote:Now Germany finally regulated all these disputes about alimony, it is now strictly limited with 3 years, even if the ex-wife gets custody of the children. Feminists are crying...but the German Supreme Court confirmed this new law recently as a case of precedence.
This is great that Germany has the guts to limit alimony to 3 years. In some states in the US, alimony is for life! :shock:

For example, in California, if a woman has been married for at least 10 years, if she divorces her husband she is entitled to alimony for the rest of her life! WTF?

Only in America do we have such crazy alimony laws! :roll:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

jamesbond wrote:Only in America do we have such crazy alimony laws! :roll:
It's bad, but not the worst.
Just wait until the relationshit laws here catch up with those like British Columbia, Australia or India.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
bladed11
Freshman Poster

Post by bladed11 »

Marriage today is legal prostitution. Don't freaking do it. Women these days are so freaking stupid or greedy and smart enough to use dumb men as personal piggy banks and the dumb men sign that contract that ho is already thinking of a reason for divorce. Shes either is stupid as shit and read on a womans magazine that there is some reason why her husband isnt good enough and it can be fockin anything and she'll still go and file for divorce like a dumb c*nt and her stupid slut friends will support her and make her convinced shes the victim. The other kind of woman knows what shes doing and will gold dig you to the grave and not flinch coz she stone cold and satanic as hell.