Are Millenials Lazy?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Re: Are Millenials Lazy?

Post by eurobrat »

xiongmao wrote:Now I'm in Spain I see a lot of unemployed millenials. Hopefully I'll find out more why youth unemployment is so high. But in Barcelona it's clear that millenials aren't really getting on their bikes and starting businesses - Chinese immigrants are doing that here.
Most of us don't have the money to just go out and start a business worthwhile that will provide a decent salary, it's easier just to work for a good company.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

eurobrat wrote:
xiongmao wrote:Now I'm in Spain I see a lot of unemployed millenials. Hopefully I'll find out more why youth unemployment is so high. But in Barcelona it's clear that millenials aren't really getting on their bikes and starting businesses - Chinese immigrants are doing that here.
Most of us don't have the money to just go out and start a business worthwhile that will provide a decent salary, it's easier just to work for a good company.
The only problem with working for a good company is that most of us are striking out in the job hunt because women, baby boomers, and members of the elite are taking all the jobs.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

MattHanson1990 wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
The only problem with working for a good company is that most of us are striking out in the job hunt because women, baby boomers, and members of the elite are taking all the jobs.
It is worse in the US with "Affirmative Action" which punishes single men, especially caucasians.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Most young men should probably ignore EuroBrat's advice about working for a big company. He has a tough hide, like a rhinoceros, and is totally brazen as a marketer.

Most people aren't like that.

So, if you are starting off, unless you have (or can fabricate) a commodity-skill -- like a CPA,or an IT certification -- big companies will break your heart. They will hire you and give you a position (like sales) in which failure is a certainty. Because even if failure is a certainty (like an ice company's Alaska territory), they STILL need to fill that position. Firing you for failing to sell ice to Eskimos, will give them someone to blame. You.

Churn and burn, baby. Churn and burn.

PS to Eurobrat:
I mean that "rhinoceros" and "brazen" stuff in a GOOD way.
:mrgreen:
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Jester wrote:Most young men should probably ignore EuroBrat's advice about working for a big company. He has a tough hide, like a rhinoceros, and is totally brazen as a marketer.

Most people aren't like that.

So, if you are starting off, unless you have (or can fabricate) a commodity-skill -- like a CPA,or an IT certification -- big companies will break your heart. They will hire you and give you a position (like sales) in which failure is a certainty. Because even if failure is a certainty (like an ice company's Alaska territory), they STILL need to fill that position. Firing you for failing to sell ice to Eskimos, will give them someone to blame. You.

Churn and burn, baby. Churn and burn.

PS to Eurobrat:
I mean that "rhinoceros" and "brazen" stuff in a GOOD way.
:mrgreen:
I myself have been placed in the failed before starting position before, we all have.
Having the willpower to pick yourself off the ground, dust yourself off and get back on the horse is what separates the winners from the losers.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

MattHanson1990 wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
That is accurate but you forgot to include a lack of decent jobs that pay a livable income and more people than there are available jobs.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Tsar wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
That is accurate but you forgot to include a lack of decent jobs that pay a livable income and more people than there are available jobs.
That too. But even men strike out when they apply to minimum wage jobs, which make up most of the jobs in today's economy. Not only most men can't get decent jobs, they can't get any job. It's just like fat unattractive women being unattainable as well quality women.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

MattHanson1990 wrote:
Tsar wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
That too. But even men strike out when they apply to minimum wage jobs, which make up most of the jobs in today's economy. Not only most men can't get decent jobs, they can't get any job. It's just like fat unattractive women being unattainable as well quality women.
All the more reason to just pack up and move elsewhere.