exposing pentecostalism and the charismatic movement as demonic

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
The Wily Fox
Freshman Poster

Re: exposing pentecostalism and the charismatic movement as demonic

Post by The Wily Fox »

MrMan wrote:
January 1st, 2024, 10:30 am
The Wily Fox wrote:
December 30th, 2023, 12:13 pm
MrMan wrote:
December 30th, 2023, 12:09 pm
But if you really thought something was demonic, wouldn't you want to embrace it, since you posted about a blood offering to Enki. Don't you like demonic stuff?

I wouldn't say all speaking in tongues is necessarily the real thing. It is something that could be faked. During the Azusa Street Revival a little over 100 years ago, there were numerous account of people from different ethnic backgrounds coming to the meeting and hearing 'speaking in tongues' in their own languages, like Japanese, Russian, etc. This has happened in the Pentecostal movement since. Sometimes they could confirm the interpretation of tongues in their own language as accurate. I've known other people who have had similar experiences. I can think of five people including online acquaintances.

Some of those guys you post are the type I wouldn't listen to. I avoid those who have a greed-centered message. I am not saying all of the ones in he video are necessarily like that, of course. I don't know who all of them are, though I recognize most of them.

Demonic manifestations sometimes occur when a preacher is praying for people. I think I've seen that while my wife and I praying for people also. A woman started acting wild and swinging arms and legs at people, but other people took her off and prayed with her and she came back peaceful and in her right mind.
Some people may refer to such behaviour as "demonic possession" the stable minded and those who are firmly rooted into reality simply refer to it as mental illness.
I remember a conversation with a young woman who acknowledged that bite marks could appear on the bodies of those who had been involved in some occultic ceremonies, not someone biting them, but bite marks appearing. She argued it could be psychosomatic. I don't recall if I made this point exactly, but I would say Occam's Razor favors the work of demons over that explanation.
And we're to take this young woman's word at face value? I sincerely doubt that any demons would waste their time leaving hickey marks all over someone. If one of these ceremonies involved an orgy then maybe that's where these bites came from. If that's the case, ask this young woman if there's room for one more.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: exposing pentecostalism and the charismatic movement as demonic

Post by MrMan »

The Wily Fox wrote:
January 4th, 2024, 2:05 am
MrMan wrote:
January 1st, 2024, 10:30 am
The Wily Fox wrote:
December 30th, 2023, 12:13 pm
MrMan wrote:
December 30th, 2023, 12:09 pm
But if you really thought something was demonic, wouldn't you want to embrace it, since you posted about a blood offering to Enki. Don't you like demonic stuff?

I wouldn't say all speaking in tongues is necessarily the real thing. It is something that could be faked. During the Azusa Street Revival a little over 100 years ago, there were numerous account of people from different ethnic backgrounds coming to the meeting and hearing 'speaking in tongues' in their own languages, like Japanese, Russian, etc. This has happened in the Pentecostal movement since. Sometimes they could confirm the interpretation of tongues in their own language as accurate. I've known other people who have had similar experiences. I can think of five people including online acquaintances.

Some of those guys you post are the type I wouldn't listen to. I avoid those who have a greed-centered message. I am not saying all of the ones in he video are necessarily like that, of course. I don't know who all of them are, though I recognize most of them.

Demonic manifestations sometimes occur when a preacher is praying for people. I think I've seen that while my wife and I praying for people also. A woman started acting wild and swinging arms and legs at people, but other people took her off and prayed with her and she came back peaceful and in her right mind.
Some people may refer to such behaviour as "demonic possession" the stable minded and those who are firmly rooted into reality simply refer to it as mental illness.
I remember a conversation with a young woman who acknowledged that bite marks could appear on the bodies of those who had been involved in some occultic ceremonies, not someone biting them, but bite marks appearing. She argued it could be psychosomatic. I don't recall if I made this point exactly, but I would say Occam's Razor favors the work of demons over that explanation.
And we're to take this young woman's word at face value? I sincerely doubt that any demons would waste their time leaving hickey marks all over someone. If one of these ceremonies involved an orgy then maybe that's where these bites came from. If that's the case, ask this young woman if there's room for one more.
I believe the topic of our conversation, back in the 1990's, were her psychological studies at university of those who had gone through ritual abuse. I think the perspective was psychology, rather than sociology, etc. She didn't say bit marks had appeared on her.