Covid-19 Travel Restrictions

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Re: Covid-19 Travel Restrictions

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

@publicduende

This site's layout may look like it's from the 90's, but gives us good insight about French culture and education.
If you have time to read..

http://www.understandfrance.org/France/ ... ncre518687
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
December 5th, 2023, 6:40 am
You mean the "Grande école" ? That's where all the French politicians, CEOs, and Head Engineers came from.
My experience is based on shipping Lines that I worked with. I guess what your say about each nation's education system are reflected into the workforce.
Exactly. Having worked in the City, I met with a few of these elite-educated Frenchmen. They're all elite minds honed to perfection by elite institutions. One of my best friends and former business partners is a Supelec-educated software engineer. He's a top of the cream guy at his job, he makes half a million a year working for a major hedge fund.

Most importantly, he is married to a Filipina ;-)
Most of the French people I worked with, CMA CGM(French Shipping Line), are stupid bastards and snails. I wanted to strangle them with an electrical code, metaphorically speaking. I guess "they" are not from Grande ecole? Just regular sh*tty underfunded French university.
Exactly part 2! Those are "the rest", which happens to be a good 80% of the so-called "educated" populace.
The Italians don't have a shipping Line, but the one I visited in the past, a Italian freight forwarding company near Milan was pretty good. I have good experience with them.
We do, actually. MSC is Swiss by convenience, its founder and initial capital are all Italian!

Have you had any experience with them?
The German Shipping Line, Hapag Lloyd, is one level better than CMA CGM, but the Germans are not as flexible and accommodating as the Italians. They are all "By the Rule Book" and sometime those bastards like to "over charge" or put in "additional charged" in shipments. So much for German honesty. And some Germans, especially German men are total assholes. German women are just dead silent and cold.

The same can be said for German freight forwarder, Carl Hartmann. Total bastards. They overcharge and they do inferior, cr@ppy job with packing customers stuff. They use cheap ass cardboard box which cause all the boxes to flatten and bend, causing customer's household goods lot of damage. Total kaka. I guess their vocational training didn't cover how to handle customer's cargo properly did they? German efficiency my ass.
Germans are like that in every sector if the industry. They believe they are superior to everybody else by Divine Right. We Italians sometimes laugh at them and play along. It's certainly true that they have top minds, yet they're still a minority, compared to the hordes of people trained to do one thing, and one thing by the book, as you say.

Their reasoning outside the box, if you forgive me the pun, is poor. Italy's labour market is kind of the opposite: lots of extremely qualified people who have to work below their capacity because there's not much else available. Also, lots of Italian workers, at any level, are lazy and corrupted, so fewer good people have to use their ingenuity and sense of sacrifice to compensate for those who do next to nothing.
Last edited by publicduende on December 5th, 2023, 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

@publicduende

I didn't know that the founder of MSC is Italian. I guess the Italian founder is from Italian speaking canton or Italy?
In my experience, MSC is alright. Better than CMA CGM and on parity with Hapag Lloyd. Nothing to write home about or rave about.
Exactly part 2! Those are "the rest",, which happens to be a good 80% of the so-called "educated" populace.
Oh god! that's terrifying and pretty depressing at the same time! :lol:
Exactly. Having worked in the City, I met with s few of these elite-educsted Frenchmen. They're all elite minds honed to perfection by elite institutions. One of my best friends and former business partners is a Supelec-educated software engineer. He's a top of the cream guy at his job, he makes half a million a year working for a major hedge fund.
Yeah I guess.. "Crème de la crème". While the rest of the country work like retarded snails.
Germans are like that in every sector if the industry. They believe they are superior to everybody else by Divine Right. We Italian sometimes laugh at them and play along. It's certainly true that they have top mindsz yet they're still a minority, compared to the hordes of people talked to do one thing, and one thing by the book, as you say.

Their reasoning outside the box, if you forgive me the pun, is poor. Italy's labour market is kind of the opposite: lied of extremely qualified people who have to work belowc their capacity because there's not much else available. Also, lots of Italian workers, at any level, are lazy and corrupted, so fewer good people have to use their ingenuity and sense of sacrifice to compensate for those who do next to nothing.
Yes, the Germans might think they are superior than the rest, but as previously mentioned before, they are quite overrated. The Germans
are bunch of lying assholes.

Carl Hartmann seems to hire bunch of ghetto Turks or Middle Easterners and they use the most cheapest packing material they can find in a basic hardware store. That's why when we opened one of their container in our warehouse, most of the boxes are flattened, bend, ripped, and customer stuff get squished. Total mess. Coincidentally, We also got a container from Italian freight forwarder in Roma, and their boxes were sturdier and more cleaner than German ones. The Germans do sub standard job while being paid high standard.

I know a friend in Rhine Palatinate, German state near the Netherlands, and she said she and her friend have to get medicine in the Netherlands
because the Doktors in the Rhine are useless and peddle homeopathic crap instead of giving actual medicine and pharmacies there doesn't have the adequate number of medications because of the supply shortage. And rest of the German Bureaucracy is total mess.. They can't find decent rent in the city, and takes bunch of paperwork to get permit to rent the place, and trying to get unemployment is a total nightmare.. and her employer fudges the paperwork, replacing her resume with resume of a 11 year old disabled person to get State Disability benefits for his company, to game the system?.. I don't know.

In short, Germany is a mess.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

December 5th, 2023, 12:26 pm
@publicduende

I didn't know that the founder of MSC is Italian. I guess the Italian founder is from Italian speaking canton or Italy?
In my experience, MSC is alright. Better than CMA CGM and on parity with Hapag Lloyd. Nothing to write home about or rave about.
Exactly part 2! Those are "the rest",, which happens to be a good 80% of the so-called "educated" populace.
Exactly. Having worked in the City, I met with s few of these elite-educsted Frenchmen. They're all elite minds honed to perfection by elite institutions. One of my best friends and former business partners is a Supelec-educated software engineer. He's a top of the cream guy at his job, he makes half a million a year working for a major hedge fund.
Yeah I guess.. "Crème de la crème". While the rest of the country work like retarded snails.
Germans are like that in every sector if the industry. They believe they are superior to everybody else by Divine Right. We Italian sometimes laugh at them and play along. It's certainly true that they have top mindsz yet they're still a minority, compared to the hordes of people talked to do one thing, and one thing by the book, as you say.

Their reasoning outside the box, if you forgive me the pun, is poor. Italy's labour market is kind of the opposite: lied of extremely qualified people who have to work belowc their capacity because there's not much else available. Also, lots of Italian workers, at any level, are lazy and corrupted, so fewer good people have to use their ingenuity and sense of sacrifice to compensate for those who do next to nothing.
Yes, the Germans might think they are superior than the rest, but as previously mentioned before, they are quite overrated. The Germans

Carl Hartmann seems to hire bunch of ghetto Turks or Middle Easterners and they use the most cheapest packing material they can find in a basic hardware store. That's why when we opened one of their container in our warehouse, most of the boxes are flattened, bend, ripped, and customer stuff get squished. Total mess. Coincidentally, We also got a container from Italian freight forwarder in Roma, and their boxes were sturdier and more cleaner than German ones. The Germans do sub standard job while being paid high standard.

I know a friend in Rhine Palatinate, German state near the Netherlands, and she said she and her friend have to get medicine in the Netherlands
because the Doktors in the Rhine are useless and peddle homeopathic crap instead of giving actual medicine and pharmacies there doesn't have the adequate number of medications because of the supply shortage. And rest of the German Bureaucracy is total mess.. They can't find decent rent in the city, and takes bunch of paperwork to get permit to rent the place, and trying to get unemployment is a total nightmare.. and her employer fudges the paperwork, replacing her resume with resume of a 11 year old disabled person to get State Disability benefits for his company, to game the system?.. I don't know.

lol these countries are about to be a bigger mess with all these migrant dipshits. They bring all these people in when their countries are already f***ed. Hence why I said running isn't going to cut it anymore. People need to either do better or stop allowing idiots to get elected to f**k shit up if they have any control over that. Here in America we don't.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

MSC was founded in Naples. His founder, Gianluigi Aponte, is from near Naples and still at the helm. Happy to know there's nothing majorly negative about them :)
That's why France is so full of resentment, always simmering just below the surface, and takes it to the street at the first occasion. It's a country who still runs a two or even three tier system. The Ecole-educated manager, businessman, politicians, and intellectuals at the very top, running the place from their Parisian ivory towers. Then the vast majority of people living in dire rural conditions outside those 5 or 6 large cities, spending 45 minutes in their cars every time they need to see a doctor or take their kids to school. Finally, the post-colonial "invisibles" who live in the "banlieu" (suburbs) without much purpose.

My French friend, who is Supelec-educated but hasn't forgotten his tier 2 roots (his Dad is a retired pig farmer and his Mom can't even write and read properly) told me, just the other day, that La Haine, the movie with Vincent Cassel, is almost 30 years old, yet very little has changed in France, ever since. "If it did, it surely got worse" - he said.

Consider that German "standards" have been tarnished a lot by the sub-standard work of the mass of migrants - the Turks and the Middle Easterners as you mentioned them. Those are the people who push for higher wages while not sporting the same qualifications and training levels as native Germans.

I agree, they surely took a chapter from Italy's book, when cooking data about unemployment and social peace. In Italy an unemployed is such if they haven't been able to secure full-time, 40-hr/week, employment for the previous 12 months. In Germany they launched "mini-jobs", which are basically 20-hr/week jobs paying around 800 EUR month, but often forcing you to work the full 40, and lasting just a few months, at best, if not a few weeks. Even working in a brothel is a mini-job! And when you get any mini-job, your unemployment record resets! So lots of chronically unemployed people disappear from the dole because they managed to make 800 EUR for a couple of months, once or twice a year.

Many people, especially young people, take 2 or even 3 mini-job at the same time. Then you find them drinking in ugly bars, alone, to flush the pain away.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

publicduende wrote:
December 5th, 2023, 5:05 pm
MSC was founded in Naples. His founder, Gianluigi Aponte, is from near Naples and still at the helm. Happy to know there's nothing majorly negative about them :)
That's why France is so full of resentment, always simmering just below the surface, and takes it to the street at the first occasion. It's a country who still runs a two or even three tier system. The Ecole-educated manager, businessman, politicians, and intellectuals at the very top, running the place from their Parisian ivory towers. Then the vast majority of people living in dire rural conditions outside those 5 or 6 large cities, spending 45 minutes in their cars every time they need to see a doctor or take their kids to school. Finally, the post-colonial "invisibles" who live in the "banlieu" (suburbs) without much purpose.

My French friend, who is Supelec-educated but hasn't forgotten his tier 2 roots (his Dad is a retired pig farmer and his Mom can't even write and read properly) told me, just the other day, that La Haine, the movie with Vincent Cassel, is almost 30 years old, yet very little has changed in France, ever since. "If it did, it surely got worse" - he said.

Consider that German "standards" have been tarnished a lot by the sub-standard work of the mass of migrants - the Turks and the Middle Easterners as you mentioned them. Those are the people who push for higher wages while not sporting the same qualifications and training levels as native Germans.

I agree, they surely took a chapter from Italy's book, when cooking data about unemployment and social peace. In Italy an unemployed is such if they haven't been able to secure full-time, 40-hr/week, employment for the previous 12 months. In Germany they launched "mini-jobs", which are basically 20-hr/week jobs paying around 800 EUR month, but often forcing you to work the full 40, and lasting just a few months, at best, if not a few weeks. Even working in a brothel is a mini-job! And when you get any mini-job, your unemployment record resets! So lots of chronically unemployed people disappear from the dole because they managed to make 800 EUR for a couple of months, once or twice a year.

Many people, especially young people, take 2 or even 3 mini-job at the same time. Then you find them drinking in ugly bars, alone, to flush the pain away.
@publicduende

But Italy got lot of illegal immigrants too such as those from Africa and there are illegal Chinese sweatshops that makes knockoff brand name handbags in Italy. Illegal immigration or not, there is no excuse to totally f*ck up other people's personal stuff when sending them overseas.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/wh ... 023-09-13/
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ital ... D20131229/

I guess France wants to continue their variation of the "ancien régime" where the Gran Ecoles elites rule over the middle class and then the rural folks. No wonder most of them are near useless as a workforce. French work ethnic is total kaka. However they do enjoy their "joie de vivre" and get their fat pension at age 62 where they get 80% of their prior salary every month. I don't know if pension will be pushed back to 64... because of all the strikes.

La Haines looks interesting. Looks like a story of a French Gopnik/Chav/whatever. :lol: Timeless classic.

I heard about them mini jobs in Germany. My friend toward me lot of illegal immigrants, Gypsies, and Middle Easterners does that kind of jobs.
Can't really comment more about that. Germany's economy is currently at a recession now and German manufacturing not doing so hot because they chose to sanction cheap Russia Oil and Gas and accept expensive U.S oil and gas. Well sucks for Germany. Henry Kissinger said "To be an enemy of America is dangerous, but to be America's friend is fatal".
Last edited by Natural_Born_Cynic on December 5th, 2023, 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
December 5th, 2023, 2:23 pm
@publicduende

lol these countries are about to be a bigger mess with all these migrant dipshits. They bring all these people in when their countries are already f***ed. Hence why I said running isn't going to cut it anymore. People need to either do better or stop allowing idiots to get elected to f**k shit up if they have any control over that. Here in America we don't.
I agree. U.S government is a government that has divorced from it's people long time ago and now it runs amok, rampaging everywhere and sucking up all the resources.. There will a time when the beast starves itself out after consuming everything at it's path and die a putrid death.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

December 5th, 2023, 6:18 pm
@publicduende

But Italy got lot of illegal immigrants too such as those from Africa and there are illegal Chinese sweatshops that makes knockoff brand name handbags in Italy. Illegal immigration or not, there is no excuse to totally f*ck up other people's personal stuff when sending them overseas.

The basis of it all is that there are very few quality jobs in Italy. Migrants, especially illegal migrants, are forced to take jobs that no Italian would do. If they are really lucky, they get to wipe old men's asses or tend to obnoxious children.

About the sweatshop situation, it's more complicated than you think. All these companies are run by migrants from the same country (e.g. mainland China) who got their papers in order. No Italian businessman would get away with exploiting Chinese, at least not the way they do! The local Police close both eyes, often they just want to keep the peace and avoid trouble. Sometimes they are actively bribed.
I heard about them mini jobs in Germany. My friend toward me lot of illegal immigrants, Gypsies, and Middle Easterners does that kind of jobs.
Can't really comment more about that. Germany's economy is currently at a recession now and German manufacturing not doing so hot because they chose to sanction cheap Russia Oil and Gas and accept expensive U.S oil and gas. Well sucks for Germany. Henry Kissinger said "To be an enemy of America is dangerous, but to be America's friend is fatal".
:) May Kissinger rot in the hell he came from...
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

December 5th, 2023, 9:35 am
@publicduende

This site's layout may look like it's from the 90's, but gives us good insight about French culture and education.
If you have time to read..

http://www.understandfrance.org/France/ ... ncre518687
Interesting site, thanks!
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

publicduende wrote:
December 5th, 2023, 6:54 pm
@publicduende

The basis of it all is that there are very few quality jobs in Italy. Migrants, especially illegal migrants, are forced to take jobs that no Italian would do. If they are really lucky, they get to wipe old men's asses or tend to obnoxious children.

About the sweatshop situation, it's more complicated than you think. All these companies are run by migrants from the same country (e.g. mainland China) who got their papers in order. No Italian businessman would get away with exploiting Chinese, at least not the way they do! The local Police close both eyes, often they just want to keep the peace and avoid trouble. Sometimes they are actively bribed.
:) May Kissinger rot in the hell he came from...
Yeah, How depressing. Hopefully Italy comes out stronger in the foreseeable future. What a shame. I like Italian people except the Cosa Nostra. :lol: I also like the food. Margarita Pizza, Risotto,Osso Buco alla Milanese, and Gelatos, etc. Well best of luck to you. Arrivederci!

Classic Italian song- Funiculi Funicula :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW0W7j04iRQ
DENZA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OmVRQGMKAg