Getting a strategy type job abroad

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
football84football
Freshman Poster

Getting a strategy type job abroad

Post by football84football »

I'm in America. I'm interested in moving to a more social country. MY work experience is in strategy and consulting. I only speak English. Lastly, freedom and a good justice system are important too. Any options? Thanks.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Re: Getting a strategy type job abroad

Post by Jonny Law »

football84football wrote:I'm in America. I'm interested in moving to a more social country. MY work experience is in strategy and consulting. I only speak English. Lastly, freedom and a good justice system are important too. Any options? Thanks.
Meanwhile in Reality
:twisted: You will have to pick one.
Freedom and a Good Justice System DO NOT GO TOGETHER!
Singapore has an extremely low crime and a brutal law enforcement system.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Is there a country in the world where there is a good justice system and freedom? I can't think of one.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

football84football wrote:
November 11th, 2017, 12:01 am
I'm in America. I'm interested in moving to a more social country. MY work experience is in strategy and consulting. I only speak English. Lastly, freedom and a good justice system are important too. Any options? Thanks.
Having just relocated out of the west 2 years ago and working on my new biz I can tell you it was hard to get the work permit and visa in the destination location even thought I had friends helping me do that.

There is nowhere in the world that has a "good justice system" because the legal system is a creation of the committee of 300. The JUST-US system does just what it says....it is just for THEM.

I proposed men work together in 2011 to create the ability for men to leave the west more easily. I proposed that men in good countries open their own businesses and then they would be able to hire men out of the west in to their business. I proposed it would be a win, win since the man leaving the west would be so grateful he would work for less than the locals and so that would help the man in business.

This idea was not even discussed let alone followed up by men. So now what I am doing is working in internet marketing and showing men that it is possible to learn to sell over the web and make a living doing so. I have proposed to Winston again to join the new company I am with. And I will leave that with Winston.

If he does not want to join I have offered to pay him for ads like I am doing over with MGTOW101. I have run 3 infomercials on MGTOW101 and gotten 265 email addresses for the ad spend. But since Winston has an audience and a theme with HA I think it would be great for him to run a HA franchise for this biz.

In either case I am both Happier Abroad AND a Man Going My Own Way I could run both.....but there is more money in selling to MGTOWs because they are really clear they need to find a way to earn money and there are many more men who identify as MGTOW who might be interested in what I am selling.

In the end, I worked out and proposed how to solve the problems men were complaining about between 2008 and 2011.

But men were not interested. After I was jailed in Germany in 2014 I had had enough of putting myself on the line for men who would not even do so much as to buy a book from me to help me pay for my food and rent while I was being persecuted by 4 national governments....and in November 2014 I decided to leave.

Interestingly enough I met my new business partner in December 2014 and we worked on deals in 2015 to support my relocation.

Through my skills he has earned more money in the last 2 years than in his previous 5 years and we will do much better yet. We want to be at EUR1M revenue per year in a few years and that is a very easy target to make in my biz.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

PeterAndrewNolan wrote:
November 22nd, 2017, 11:37 am
I proposed men work together in 2011 to create the ability for men to leave the west more easily. I proposed that men in good countries open their own businesses and then they would be able to hire men out of the west in to their business. I proposed it would be a win, win since the man leaving the west would be so grateful he would work for less than the locals and so that would help the man in business.
I have spent quite a bit of time in Indonesia, and I think this is unrealistic. If you are paying Indonesians $1000 a month to work for you, do you think western men are willing to work for less than $1000 a month just because they are grateful you helped them get work overseas?

Does your theory apply to relocating to high labor rate countries only?

Most expats need to be able to be paid a premium to work overseas. There are extra expenses, so they need to be paid a premium for it.
This idea was not even discussed let alone followed up by men.
Maybe because most people in the west aren't the entrepreneur type because our education system and much of our culture is based on working for someone else. We've even got to the point where works have 'rights' that come at the expense of those they work for. Employers are forced to pay for health care and are given the responsibility to make sure employment reflects the gender of racial composition of society, and even the demographics for sexual preferences.
So now what I am doing is working in internet marketing and showing men that it is possible to learn to sell over the web and make a living doing so.
I would imagine it is very possible to find niches on the Internet where one could work overseas and earn more than working a job in the US.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

What's the deal with all the quotes being covered with giant quotation marks so that we can't see the quotes?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I've never worked in consulting. I did get an offer (I think it was an offer, if not, it was close to it) to work at a boutique consulting firm once, and someone in Jakarta who does work in finance asked me if I'd be interested in doing consulting. But my current employer keeps me so busy, I don't think I'll go that route right now. Overseas, doing side jobs in consulting is not always legal unless that is your main job.

How can you get a job in strategy and consulting overseas? You could try to work for one of the big firms that does consulting overseas, like McKinsey or Accenture for example. I don't know if they'd hire you for an overseas job if you didn't have some area or language knowledge. It might be easier if you work for an international firm first and then get them to transfer you.

What constitutes a good justice system? They all have problems. Family law in the west is messed up. But if you look at certain types of academic literature, overall 'Anglo' countries tend to have the best systems of law. At least, for business purposes, they are more predictable with case law. So that's the US and the British Commonwealth countries. I don't know if the Anglo-sphere is more 'social.' Singapore and Malaysia have British-influenced cultural systems. Singapore is probably not the most 'social' place, but Malaysia might be. But when it comes to freedom, religious freedom in Malaysia is not going to be on the same level you'd expect in the US, because it is predominantly Muslim. If you upset their religious apple cart, you might go missing. For most people, I'd imagine it is rather free. I've got some relatives in Malaysia and I've been there a few times. It's a bit polluted, not nearly as bad as Jakarta. KL's infrastructure is pretty good, lots of good roads and sidewalks. English is one of the national languages.

Indonesia is a very 'social' country. But the legal system is not highly efficient and reliable. Most people seem to enjoy plenty of personal freedom, but religious freedom is not quite 100%. There is a governor in jail for saying not to believe your going to Hell if you vote for him because of some verse out of the Al-Quran. That was enough to get him imprisoned. Other than that, it's pretty free. The economy is growing, but Jakarta is very polluted and crowded. Most people don't really speak English, but there are expats who come in and work without speaking the local language.

Is New Zealand 'social.' Maybe the hobbits are if you can find any. :) That might be a place to try. If you like dairy, stake, lamb, mutton, and much more affordable ocean-view property, it sounds like it would be a good place to live.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I've never worked in consulting. I did get an offer (I think it was an offer, if not, it was close to it) to work at a boutique consulting firm once, and someone in Jakarta who does work in finance asked me if I'd be interested in doing consulting. But my current employer keeps me so busy, I don't think I'll go that route right now. Overseas, doing side jobs in consulting is not always legal unless that is your main job.

How can you get a job in strategy and consulting overseas? You could try to work for one of the big firms that does consulting overseas, like McKinsey or Accenture for example. I don't know if they'd hire you for an overseas job if you didn't have some area or language knowledge. It might be easier if you work for an international firm first and then get them to transfer you.

What constitutes a good justice system? They all have problems. Family law in the west is messed up. But if you look at certain types of academic literature, overall 'Anglo' countries tend to have the best systems of law. At least, for business purposes, they are more predictable with case law. So that's the US and the British Commonwealth countries. I don't know if the Anglo-sphere is more 'social.' Singapore and Malaysia have British-influenced cultural systems. Singapore is probably not the most 'social' place, but Malaysia might be. But when it comes to freedom, religious freedom in Malaysia is not going to be on the same level you'd expect in the US, because it is predominantly Muslim. If you upset their religious apple cart, you might go missing. For most people, I'd imagine it is rather free. I've got some relatives in Malaysia and I've been there a few times. It's a bit polluted, not nearly as bad as Jakarta. KL's infrastructure is pretty good, lots of good roads and sidewalks. English is one of the national languages.

Indonesia is a very 'social' country. But the legal system is not highly efficient and reliable. Most people seem to enjoy plenty of personal freedom, but religious freedom is not quite 100%. There is a governor in jail for saying not to believe your going to Hell if you vote for him because of some verse out of the Al-Quran. That was enough to get him imprisoned. Other than that, it's pretty free. The economy is growing, but Jakarta is very polluted and crowded. Most people don't really speak English, but there are expats who come in and work without speaking the local language.

Is New Zealand 'social.' Maybe the hobbits are if you can find any. :) That might be a place to try. If you like dairy, stake, lamb, mutton, and much more affordable ocean-view property, it sounds like it would be a good place to live.