Census shows 1 in 2 Americans is poor or low-income

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

I live about 3 hours north of there, it's just south of the Salton Sea. I've seen fixer upper homes by the Salton Sea for $20,000+ (and empty lots for $2,000+), but you'd have to be pretty eccentric to live there. The state has plans to spend $9 billion over 25 years to fix up the place, but I doubt they'd get the funding any time soon.

http://www.water.ca.gov/saltonsea/
Attilburgh
Freshman Poster

Post by Attilburgh »

Its very alarming and i am of the opinion it is due to recession and the unnecessary wars that we are fighting.I am confident that once the wars stop, our economic crisis will end.
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Post by ErikHeaven »

I do not see the wars stopping and i only think gloom and doom these days. I am sorry to depress you all. I really see Obama getting re-elected again or selected again whatever your viewpoint on it. The American people have Stockholm syndrome the way the North Koreans have it now with the death of their loony leader.
People here love misery and suffering. They will not pick the only choice which is Ron Paul and if Obama lost which i seriously doubt he will, they will pick the ultimate scumbag Newt Gingrich. We will have more war, IRAN and Syria, and more currency debasement until America collapses. The people are too stupid to rise up.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

ErikHeaven wrote:I do not see the wars stopping and i only think gloom and doom these days. I am sorry to depress you all. I really see Obama getting re-elected again or selected again whatever your viewpoint on it. The American people have Stockholm syndrome the way the North Koreans have it now with the death of their loony leader.
People here love misery and suffering. They will not pick the only choice which is Ron Paul and if Obama lost which i seriously doubt he will, they will pick the ultimate scumbag Newt Gingrich. We will have more war, IRAN and Syria, and more currency debasement until America collapses. The people are too stupid to rise up.
Yes Erik, my thoughts exactly. I really don't see the difference between brainwashed North Koreans and brainwashed Americans, except North Koreans are constantly ridiculed while American sheeps get a pass. And of course, the war on Iran will happen regardless of which party is in power.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

momopi wrote:I live about 3 hours north of there, it's just south of the Salton Sea. I've seen fixer upper homes by the Salton Sea for $20,000+ (and empty lots for $2,000+), but you'd have to be pretty eccentric to live there. The state has plans to spend $9 billion over 25 years to fix up the place, but I doubt they'd get the funding any time soon.

http://www.water.ca.gov/saltonsea/
I don't know, eccentric maybe but if you can find a source of potable water and collect rain water since it wouldn't be effected as much as what's in the Salton Sea. I used to drive by their all the time when I drove for Schneider. I had to pick up glass loads in Calexico. Its also not near anything, you can find housing in Mexicali that's just as cheap if not cheaper still and the wait time is no where near as bad as San Ysidro/Tijuana broader wait.

The desert is not impossible to live in by modern standards, you can easily setup a passive solar home - http://www.builditsolar.com/Projects/So ... t/West.htm Let the sun to all the work and you won't need a heater at night, lights during the day or even a large A/C system, just a smallish one.

It just would be hard to talk some woman into living out there and as I said you're not near anything, everything is at least 30-40 mins away by car (Indio). Then again, I think there's a airfield near by, hmmmm.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Attilburgh wrote:Its very alarming and i am of the opinion it is due to recession and the unnecessary wars that we are fighting.I am confident that once the wars stop, our economic crisis will end.
Okay some facts -

The US Mainstream Media is ramping up the saber-rattling on Iran, I give it a 50-50% chance some major aerial bombing campaign will happen in 2012.

The US GDP is now at 100% debt to income ratio (Greece is 120-140% of GDP). They are just printing more money. Deflation, followed by rapid hyperinflation will cause social unrest, think the Occupy Movement turned to 11 with the National Guard or North Com being called on to quell the outburst, likely causes the death of protesters.

Said bombing of Iran would send Brent Crude prices to the moon ($200+ a barrel) and also put a booster rocket under Gold and Silver, as the Debt Crisis worsens, people that ran to the Dollar believing something major was going to happen to the Euro, will run to Gold in large sums, sending the prices into orbit ($3-4K an oz).

That would then crash the US Economy after the strategic reserves would need to be tapped. That would spend food prices zooming upward putting more pressure and like I said causing hyperinflation as a run on the supermarkets and big box stores who only have about 2-3 days worth of food would happen with $5-6-7-8 a gallon gas.

A Bank Holiday is likely to happen in the next 2-5 years, maybe followed by a debt holiday. There is no way the current system can survive with that much debt on its books.