The Great Escape - I Need Your Help To Live My Life

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

The Great Escape - I Need Your Help To Live My Life

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

First of all, I have only been on this site for two weeks, and this is my very first thread. I feel that this is a place where I can be a man and not have to worry about American society attacking me for it. Unlike a lot of sites on the web that claim to be "for Men", here I can actually be openly NON-politically correct and say exactly what I need to get off my chest. I come here to ask a very open-ended, life-changing question:

I'm starting from scratch with little money, lots of luggage, and no job! How do I travel, live, and work abroad now!

I am only 25, and long story short, I am not happy with my living situation. Then again, at 25, living in the suburbs (forget about meeting friends/women), with no real friends in the area, no car, living with overbearing parents - who would be happy? I live with my parents and I have to walk on eggshells and have repressed my true self only to please them. My money situation isn't the best. I have unemployment insurance, but that only covers $68 per week (although I use that to pay student loans which is $215 per month). To make ends meet, I have been selling things like my artwork or my old belongings (rare games, books, home appliances, etc.) on eBay. My parents are SO overbearing that they actually disuade me moving out. They are old-fashioned and expect me to get a job first. Except there are no jobs in my area that a guy without his own car can really prosper from. My initial plan was to move in with a friend and his well-off family in a different state and work on our independent business together. This state also has far more employment opportunities (as many states do) than Illinois. What I got from my parents' reaction is that they don't want me to move out and be an independent man because they selfishly want things to be sunshine and rainbows for themselves. They can't fathom a life where their youngest son is not under constant supervision, like two wardens overseeing a prisoner! If a 25-year-old hates his home life with Mommy and Daddy, can't he just pack up his shit and walk out the front door without any hard feelings?

I intend to move out and not let my parents know where my destination is so that they cannot follow and bring me back to this unhappy state that I inevitably feel when they are around me.

I have (and currently still) been selling everything I own ever since June 2011 when my last job ended. Believe it or not, the few times my father lets me borrow the car, I sneak off to the post office and ship off my belongings to their respective buyers. This process is not easy as my folks always have a watchful eye, and would be even worse if they knew that I had every intention of living a fulfilled life abroad (where in particular - doesn't matter).

Which brings me to my next dilemma - tons of luggage. Despite the sacrifices that I have made parting with most of my possessions (prized or otherwise), I still am one man with a whopping 8 bags worth of luggage! Granted, when I leave I intend to take everything I will need in my new life with me in one trip: clothes, important shoes (boot, work shoe, non-slip shoe, "good" shoe, running shoe), guitar/bass, keyboard, tools set, art supplies/projects, amplifier if possible, bedsheets/blankets, etc. How, after giving up 99% of everything that I have ever owned, do I still have so much, and how am I to travel/escape with so much baggage (literally!)?

Joining the Air Force Reserve was an option that had considered, but don't know much about. I like the benefits of them paying for your travels through training, the option of tagging along when they fly overseas, the money they contribute to going to school, etc. But is being in the armed forces and risking your life really worth it? And do I really want to answer to western, butch lesbians in sergeant uniforms for the next 20 years? A few people here have considered the AFR, which would easily be the quickest solution (may even meet tons of new friends, travel tons of new places for free, and have tons of options of foreign women), but I'm very skeptical. I wouldn't let my parents know of this either until I am settled far from home and I had the option to call/email them.

My education level is BA in college. I actually received my Bachelor of Arts degree at a design and technology college about 4 years ago. I want to now teach English in a foreign country. From what I hear, some foreign countries will hire you as a teacher just for having any BA college degree. My field was not related to teaching, but this is what I want now! I hear that there are certain schools that actually pay you for the trip out there, they set you up with housing, and then they also pay you well to teach! I heard a similar story for if you are in the Air Force Reserve, but I don't know a whole lot of details. How can I start my journey teaching abroad!? I don't mind where I go, but housing, a job, and a paid ride to a foreign country will give me everything I want right now! I have no passport, visa, etc., but is all this covered when a school hires you? Any advice on this path is highly appreciated. I would seriously leave today if I could!

So, in a nutshell...

o I have roughly $400 to my name.
o I do not work and I have unemployment insurance until July/August 2012.
o I have tons of luggage, and I need helpful advice on what to keep and watch to sell/donate.
o Any overview/advice on the Air Force Reserve is appreciated and still an option.
o Can someone in my position teach overseas without a passport, or visa, etc.
o How can my overbearing/controlling parents not ruin this for me?

Thank you all in advance! I told myself that 2012 will be a different year, and I owe it to myself to not be prisoned in Mommy and Daddy's house, living in secrecy all the damn time. I was born to contribute to the world around me! I hate that I've oppressed that successful, healthy, joyful person for even 1 minute, let alone for the past 3 years!
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Re: The Great Escape - I Need Your Help To Live My Life

Post by E_Irizarry »

All_That_Is_Man wrote:First of all, I have only been on this site for two weeks, and this is my very first thread. I feel that this is a place where I can be a man and not have to worry about American society attacking me for it. Unlike a lot of sites on the web that claim to be "for Men", here I can actually be openly NON-politically correct and say exactly what I need to get off my chest. I come here to ask a very open-ended, life-changing question:

I'm starting from scratch with little money, lots of luggage, and no job! How do I travel, live, and work abroad now!

I am only 25, and long story short, I am not happy with my living situation. Then again, at 25, living in the suburbs (forget about meeting friends/women), with no real friends in the area, no car, living with overbearing parents - who would be happy? I live with my parents and I have to walk on eggshells and have repressed my true self only to please them. My money situation isn't the best. I have unemployment insurance, but that only covers $68 per week (although I use that to pay student loans which is $215 per month). To make ends meet, I have been selling things like my artwork or my old belongings (rare games, books, home appliances, etc.) on eBay. My parents are SO overbearing that they actually disuade me moving out. They are old-fashioned and expect me to get a job first. Except there are no jobs in my area that a guy without his own car can really prosper from. My initial plan was to move in with a friend and his well-off family in a different state and work on our independent business together. This state also has far more employment opportunities (as many states do) than Illinois. What I got from my parents' reaction is that they don't want me to move out and be an independent man because they selfishly want things to be sunshine and rainbows for themselves. They can't fathom a life where their youngest son is not under constant supervision, like two wardens overseeing a prisoner! If a 25-year-old hates his home life with Mommy and Daddy, can't he just pack up his shit and walk out the front door without any hard feelings?

I intend to move out and not let my parents know where my destination is so that they cannot follow and bring me back to this unhappy state that I inevitably feel when they are around me.

I have (and currently still) been selling everything I own ever since June 2011 when my last job ended. Believe it or not, the few times my father lets me borrow the car, I sneak off to the post office and ship off my belongings to their respective buyers. This process is not easy as my folks always have a watchful eye, and would be even worse if they knew that I had every intention of living a fulfilled life abroad (where in particular - doesn't matter).

Which brings me to my next dilemma - tons of luggage. Despite the sacrifices that I have made parting with most of my possessions (prized or otherwise), I still am one man with a whopping 8 bags worth of luggage! Granted, when I leave I intend to take everything I will need in my new life with me in one trip: clothes, important shoes (boot, work shoe, non-slip shoe, "good" shoe, running shoe), guitar/bass, keyboard, tools set, art supplies/projects, amplifier if possible, bedsheets/blankets, etc. How, after giving up 99% of everything that I have ever owned, do I still have so much, and how am I to travel/escape with so much baggage (literally!)?

Joining the Air Force Reserve was an option that had considered, but don't know much about. I like the benefits of them paying for your travels through training, the option of tagging along when they fly overseas, the money they contribute to going to school, etc. But is being in the armed forces and risking your life really worth it? And do I really want to answer to western, butch lesbians in sergeant uniforms for the next 20 years? A few people here have considered the AFR, which would easily be the quickest solution (may even meet tons of new friends, travel tons of new places for free, and have tons of options of foreign women), but I'm very skeptical. I wouldn't let my parents know of this either until I am settled far from home and I had the option to call/email them.

My education level is BA in college. I actually received my Bachelor of Arts degree at a design and technology college about 4 years ago. I want to now teach English in a foreign country. From what I hear, some foreign countries will hire you as a teacher just for having any BA college degree. My field was not related to teaching, but this is what I want now! I hear that there are certain schools that actually pay you for the trip out there, they set you up with housing, and then they also pay you well to teach! I heard a similar story for if you are in the Air Force Reserve, but I don't know a whole lot of details. How can I start my journey teaching abroad!? I don't mind where I go, but housing, a job, and a paid ride to a foreign country will give me everything I want right now! I have no passport, visa, etc., but is all this covered when a school hires you? Any advice on this path is highly appreciated. I would seriously leave today if I could!

So, in a nutshell...

o I have tons of luggage, and I need helpful advice on what to keep and watch to sell/donate.
o Any overview/advice on the Air Force Reserve is appreciated and still an option.

Thank you all in advance! I told myself that 2012 will be a different year, and I owe it to myself to not be prisoned in Mommy and Daddy's house, living in secrecy all the damn time. I was born to contribute to the world around me! I hate that I've oppressed that successful, healthy, joyful person for even 1 minute, let alone for the past 3 years!
Move to a shelter and do not let anybody (not even your case worker at the shelter know you have moneY).
If you own student loans, The U.S. government took over Sallie Mae/Fannie Mae a few years ago so they will garnish your shit there or via supposed tax returns.
Get on food stamps and milk the shit out of the system for free food. Do not dip into your stash. Cash [those checks before they become expired] and stash outside of the American banking system.

Only dip into your money to pay for a passport-expedition service outside of the 6-8 week thorough background check (its worth 300 bucks to get it back in a week OR LESS with no rejection).

Read a lot of anti-fem literal and stay outside of misandry, misogynist debates/conversations. Americans are sheeple spy for the State. Se soluciona eso, bud. Good luck.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

You might want to consider teaching english in South Korea, most schools will send you a plane ticket when your hired.

Here's some links to check out.

Teaching ESL in South Korea 101
http://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-5922. ... t=teaching

Dave's ESL Korea Forum
http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Do you have a credit card? You will need to pay for a plane ticket eventually.

There are TEFL or CELTA courses in foreign capitals which will supposedly help you find a job teaching English in that country after you complete them (but I don't know for sure whether this is true or not). Just search for them. But they will probably cost around 2000 USD.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Taco wrote:You might want to consider teaching english in South Korea, most schools will send you a plane ticket when your hired.

Here's some links to check out.

Teaching ESL in South Korea 101
http://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-5922. ... t=teaching

Dave's ESL Korea Forum
http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/
I just want to point out that I had a contact in South Korea who did the same thing. He said he was disillusioned when he arrived in South Korea because it was cold and not really all that attractive place to be due to all the concrete and gray overcast. He also said, after a while, the 8-9 hours days teaching English got boring and he felt stifled.

So in other words, if your looking to teach English in another county like SK there will be no adventure or free spirited way to live unless you have the money to live such a life.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Keep your cash and collect as many checks are you can. You can get some additional income from donating plasma (http://www.donatingplasma.org/)

A friend of mine has been successfully navigating homeless shelters around the country. I'll get his take on which areas are best. He's currently back in the Bay Area (San Jose).

This will give you the free space you desire.

Another option is maybe to move to Mexico. Don't believe the hype about the Drug War between the Cartels and the Mexican/US Government. Its not in every boarder town/region. You can get affordable housing for as low as $200 a month. Anything else you need like personal grooming items and food are cheap because of the exchange rate between the dollar and the Mexican peso.

Are you a "99er"? If not when the time comes re-apply for additional benefits. I would also agree with getting a EBT card, if you say relocate to California and say your homeless in California, you will get more money for EBT, but you'll also be able to use it at Fast Food places and chains like Denny's.

Ditch as much as you can! You should only have a couple of days of clothes, maybe a week. A good windbreaker jacket, a netbook PC and a Smartphone. At worst it should cost you maybe $5 or so to wash clothes. I would also get a bottle of Febreze to keep your clothes fresh.

The way I see the Armed Forces, is this. If you don't support the idea of the Military Industrial Complex then don't join, they don't like independent thinkers...

It doesn't cost $300 to get your passport. Just apply normally and have it rushed, cost $91. Pay the extra to get a Passport Card for going to Canada, Mexico and countries in the Gulf of Mexico (http://travel.state.gov/passport/). I paid $91 for mine, about this time of year, took only a month or so. It may have gone up but its not $300...
Last edited by djfourmoney on January 22nd, 2012, 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Re: The Great Escape - I Need Your Help To Live My Life

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

All_That_Is_Man wrote:First of all, I have only been on this site for two weeks, and this is my very first thread. I feel that this is a place where I can be a man and not have to worry about American society attacking me for it. Unlike a lot of sites on the web that claim to be "for Men", here I can actually be openly NON-politically correct and say exactly what I need to get off my chest. I come here to ask a very open-ended, life-changing question:

So, in a nutshell...

Well, my only advice is to think about the long term and the short term in planing your overall life.

Short term= women, happiness, excitement, free from parents, ect.

Long term= retirement, old age, possible disability ect.

So with that being said, you need to think about how can you chip away at both long and short at the same time.

In other words, if you live your life all about fun and ride off to some cheap country having a blast for years on end, ok, well you solved the short term problem, but later on down the line you could wind up old and broke with nothing but good memories to keep you from going insane.

But on the flip side, if you spend all your life being so serious and goal oriented that you leave no time to actually enjoy life, then it's in my opinion that you're not living a life that's even worth living.

So in my opinion, I feel that finding a job, or starting a business in a Western country is the way to go because you can make enough money to save for retirement while at the same time take a month or two off every year to travel and have a blast. The key is DON'T get married or have any kids because either your wife will restrict you from going, you won't make enough to take care of your family and have fun, or BOTH.

As far as jobs, try looking for jobs in places that most men don't even think of when they look for jobs such as an oil rig at sea. I know that base jumpers use oil refinery jobs because it pays well, they get time off, and the jobs can locate you in different places around the world.

Lastly, regardless of what you decide to do, you always need to keep your nose in a good book! Books and learning information on the internet has completely changed my life for the better.

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Agree with NA Guy...

You should look at Freelance work with your education. That should allow you to telecommute which means no matter where you are, as long as you have a good broadband it doesn't matter where you are physically. Most jobs require you to come into the office at least a few times a month.

This will allow you chase women, that said, you shouldn't chase women - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDyzR13p ... r_embedded

The rest of it , I would stay tuned. You can start thinking about retirement however I think things will be vastly different in just 2-5 years. Even at 41, I am sort of thinking about it, but not really. Most jobs will not have a pension plan, I don't trust the stock market in its current configuration. I would wait for things to shake out and see how much Fascism takes over America.

Right now I would highly recommend leaving the country, buy silver which by the end of the decade should reach into the 3 digit zone (currently $32 an oz). As the Euro Crisis plays itself out, the focus will then turn onto the US and UK banks, which will have investors running towards Gold and I'm hearing it more and more from insiders that a Banking Holiday will happen, it almost happen in 2009 when Obama first took office.

You're buying Silver (Gold if you can afford it, $1,600+ an oz currently) to hedge against the devaluation of the dollar (which will happen) and when Gold zooms to $2500, $5000, some say $10,000, the key stat to look for is the exchange ratio (I believe that's right) of 20:1 between Silver and Gold. When that happens, you can own a pound of silver and while you might not be rich, you'll be solidly middle class in terms of wealth accumulation. Plus Silver is easier to spend, you can have it broken down into 1 oz coins and any retail establishment will take it.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Suck it up for a bit more so you can save a respectable nest egg, and develop a transferable skill or trade to keep yourself gainfully employed abroad.

You are not ready to succeed abroad just yet. It is a process and you are just beginning. In due time, you will be able to live abroad and flourish.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Suck it up for a bit more so you can save a respectable nest egg, and develop a transferable skill or trade to keep yourself gainfully employed abroad.

You are not ready to succeed abroad just yet. It is a process and you are just beginning. In due time, you will be able to live abroad and flourish.
He has a BA in Design and Technology, he can take some HTML courses or go with C++ or .NET from MS and he'll be employable overseas easily.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Everyone: First and foremost, I am so thankful for the responses! My real life has been hectic-busy lately, and my time online is very few and far between. I will address each response accordingly now that I have a little time on my hands!

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!

All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

E_Irizarry: That is quite an intricate plan you've got there - Are you speaking from experience? Moving to a shelter wouldn't be a bad idea. Actually when I was "virtually homeless" (we'll say) a couple years ago, I met some people who highly recommended shelter programs as they seem to take anybody in, hook them up with housing, and find them a job. I was hesitant, and I imagined the company of said people were druggies, klepto, unsanitary, etc. Not my cup of tea just for free money/food from Uncle Sam. Again, I just assumed these things and never took the offer. You make a great point of cashing any money that I get, as well as keeping my funds out of the bank system (which I actually found out TODAY that my account has hidden fees that I just narrowly avoided). You say a passport-expedition service alone is $300? Wow! Does it at least last forever? I have never had a passport and obviously been deprived from all increments of ANY travel, so I'm far from in the know of that. As far as shelters go, if you are speaking from experience and are currently doing what you speak of, all I can say is be careful living such a life. I'm not judging you, but keep such resentment for the system in check. Again, I wouldn't take that route just for free money and food, given that I am not on the street, but be careful and play it safe. From my experience, don't make any buddies with street drifters at all. Friendly chat and parting ways is more than enough.

Taco: I will view those links more thoroughly later this week.

Jackal: I am aware of schools like TEFL that offer courses and a degree at the price you mention (there is one in the city of Chicago), but after reading numerous posts on here (and other expiat blogs) it came to my attention that schools not only hire anybody, but also TEFL school degrees can be forged. You can bet that my priority was no longer "save up 2 grand", but rather "sell my shit and leave", LOL! To make matters better, friends and forum users revealed to me that schools actually buy your plane ticket and give you housing upon hiring you. Suddenly windows started opening.
To answer your question, I do not have a credit card, just a debit card.

NorthAmericanGuy: Right now, in my life this instant, I'm not lookng for a lavish lifestyle - just a much-needed escape. Given my discipline and exposure to "boring", I may be more accustomed and able to handle South Korea better than your contact. Short term and long term, admittingly I have been neglecting both (moreso the short term). I have started several businesses, and now I make money selling on eBay. Anything I can sell - old books, rare PlayStation games, old action figures, home appliances, original art crafts, music gear, etc. - even clothing from my clothing line that I started - has put me in a decent position, but it wouldn't hurt to have a steady paying job. I've been a little jaded with the 9-to-5 scene and have only told myself that I deserve a job in the fields that I love. I'm an artist, a musician, a business man, and then some - I don't need a part time minimum wage gig at Wal-Mart, or Burger King, or Dollar General. Short changing myself is the biggest mistake I have made, and starting my clothing line and selling original art is what I want. I can't settle for minimum wage jobs that have gotten me nowhere. Again, moving away from Chicagoland will give me more options of real jobs. And no, marriage is out of the question for me.
Speaking of good books, I have read the one that you recommend. Very good read! Most books that I read are non-fiction and generally related to sex and health: Mystery Method, How To Succeed With Women, How To Date Tons of Women without being an Asshole, Flogging, How To Make Friends and Influence People, In Defense of Food, etc. I'm always pondering health and sex, even if they don't take place (especially sex) in the real life world.

djfourmoney: I had a bad experience donating plasma. Long story short, the nurse decided to be a mouthy cunt to me, and I wasted like 4 hours of my day there. As far as Mexico, I will keep that in mind. I spent about 4 years in Arizona and it was quite similar - cheap living cost, affordable food, etc. What exactly is a 99er? I am not political whatsoever. I will look into an EBT card though. I don't plan on applying for unemployment for another year, but you never know. And how long does a passport last? As far as me working with computer language - it doesn't interest me. As a kid I had tons of ideas for game titles, stories, characters, cutscenes, and soundtracks - I mistakenly took on Game Design as a major. Not knowing that programming has no appeal to a designer, and that no school could teach you to create the next Super Smash Brothers from scratch in just 5 short weeks, I was in for a surprise - I wasted my time even giving video games a serious thought. By college, I was 2000 miles from Mommy and Daddy, in a climate where it was summer all year 'round, and was in bed with two 19-year-olds at once within my very first week out there... needless to say, moving out of a ghost town ghetto suburb and into a college town filled with Cali-like weather and women whom Midwest suburbanites like myself only see in magazines, and then discovering that these beautiful women actually wanted me too! - this took all the excitement out of sitting in front of a computer pretending like I was going to make the next Halo. But back on topic though :) If I do land a "Game Design" job, I will be doing just that - designing. Coding is not for me.

Contrarian Expatriate: I always admire your words of wisdom. I am planning my nest by making a profit from anything I can't carry. If it's too heavy and worthless, I donate it. If I don't need it, I group it in a bundle of other stuff I don't need at the moment and sell it online. If I need it or will need it, I keep it. If I have too much art supplies, I make a decent craft and slap a price tag on it. I have a thorough plan (and my folks need not even find out), but as you say it shall require a few more weeks of "sucking it up" and nesting before I can fly like an eagle.

E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

All_That_Is_Man wrote:E_Irizarry: That is quite an intricate plan you've got there - Are you speaking from experience? Moving to a shelter wouldn't be a bad idea. Actually when I was "virtually homeless" (we'll say) a couple years ago, I met some people who highly recommended shelter programs as they seem to take anybody in, hook them up with housing, and find them a job. I was hesitant, and I imagined the company of said people were druggies, klepto, unsanitary, etc. Not my cup of tea just for free money/food from Uncle Sam. Again, I just assumed these things and never took the offer. You make a great point of cashing any money that I get, as well as keeping my funds out of the bank system (which I actually found out TODAY that my account has hidden fees that I just narrowly avoided). You say a passport-expedition service alone is $300? Wow! Does it at least last forever? I have never had a passport and obviously been deprived from all increments of ANY travel, so I'm far from in the know of that. As far as shelters go, if you are speaking from experience and are currently doing what you speak of, all I can say is be careful living such a life. I'm not judging you, but keep such resentment for the system in check. Again, I wouldn't take that route just for free money and food, given that I am not on the street, but be careful and play it safe. From my experience, don't make any buddies with street drifters at all. Friendly chat and parting ways is more than enough.
Yes, it's not a facade...it's not a smokescreen...I am living proof of going through the "trial and tribulations of resilence of returning to ex-patriating". Currently, I am "living" (not "dying" per sé but I don't "reside" at where I`m about to tell you that I stay....) in the worse homeless shelter in the five boroughs of NYC and possibly in all of NYS!!

1) The staff is 96 percent Black which they typically encompass all the unmitigatedly incorrigible "capabilities" that they possess in an Anglo-Saxon free enterprise capitalist system. In laymen terms, a whopping majority of Black Americans don't have the ability to organize anything in their lives and in this context, they cannot organize clients to get into independent living because they deliberately set up clients to miss their housing interviews which hence boxes the clients into further frustration (e.g. of crabs-in-a-barrel syndrome that Black people do unto each other have coined and carried out since day one in N. America) and then those disgruntled clients constantly relapse into being arrested by the homeless shelter police (courtesy of Michael Bloomberg) due to "spazzing out from things beyond their control".

WE cannot bring laptops into the shelter because the clients are so f***ing inept and inconsiderate because they plug their DVD players and all types of conspicuous electronic items into the outlets that the incapcitated need for charging their wheelchairs in order to get around and do what they want and need to do the next business day. Therefore, I cannot study at the shelter because I'm not special enough to bring my laptop in that I need as a study aid because I'm another client hence I'm just another piece of shit.

The food they serve in from the lowest grade of mass production: cheap mass-distributed 2-percent milk, oatmeal every morning, bread (complex carbs are unhealthy yet cheap so go figure) and cheap grade of tainted meat: ham strips - every f***ing morning. Pork usually causes hypertension, but since the shelter is a Fortune 500 cashcow, they are concerned with cutting costs while keeping the clients there as long as they can (chuh-ching!). You have to love big business; corporations run America, not the people.

Let met tell you: due to the cheap-ass diet in that shelter, St Lukes Roosevelt and Lenox Hill ambulances do not go more than 2-3 days from coming to the shelter to pick up a dead body or guy with his face cut by a razor or a person with a stroke/seizure. This shelter has a 100 incapcitated/handicapped people, which makes up a third of the clients in the shelter I stay at.

However, since you have a job or unemployment insurance income, that would be the only thing that would prevent you from being a permanent or a long-term resident of the shelter so I would still advice to do it as long as you do not corner yourself out of constant income that you can save (i.e. stay on top of your weekly unemployment claims by reporting them in at the time and number they ask you --OR-- else you'll end up making permanent bedbunkies with Trouble the crack dealer or Clyde the shermhead that tries to break into your locker whilst you are taking a shower (have a good lock!!!!) or Gino the pedophile or Terry the marica mariconanso doo-doo-butter boy taking it in the arse by Trouble's HIV dick - in the showers 3 in the morning while everybody is sound asleep!!!).

See. I am special. Why? Because I don't smoke cigarettes (never did!), which shelter clients (i.e. residents) are notoriously famous for...Because I never smoked crack.....I don't drink frequently....I literally drink once every few months....and I never been to jail (and never ratted anybody out or take a plea so that I wouldn't go to jail). I'm special damn it!

But not to the idiotas that work at the shelter I "live" at. Why? Because some of them were maleant people in the criminal lifestyle and they don't respect good guys. Look at the Black community: it's run by women..it's the only matriarchal community that exists in the Western world!!! So since most Black women find good guys to be deplorable, that attitude transcends onto the shelter place, too because a plethora of Black women work there too as well as ex-con Black men whom are adminstrative staff *sigh!*

I feel like they feel that people are supposed to be stuck in the homeless system by design by putting crab-in-the-barrel niggers in authorative juxaposition that feel better that they are no long in the shelter system on the welfare end of the game so that they enjoy putting those in need down (i.e. us the shelter clients that are trying to move on).

I have to leave my laptop among other necesary electronical components at the locker of the school run by cohesive synergetic ambience and cordiality of Latinos (Thank God - Like Ladislav says: America needs them!) indefinitely (no time limit to get my shit out of there...aren't they so nice? and I'm very very thankful (no sarcasm - I am serious that I am thankful)). I have acquired my CompTIA A+ from there (they paid my cert exam for FREE, and they want to pay for my Windows 7 cert exams for FREE but I can hardly concentrate due to the time availability I have daily between working to keep my Public Assistance benefits as well as studying and going to Cisco/CCNA night school during the week!).

I hope it makes sense; it's that deep to manifest and digest all of this.

So when some you cats moan about trivial shit - just remember, I would not put it pass you all that most of you all do not have an arduous living shit-uation like I do.

Due to NYC shelter law, I cannot transfer to another shelter. I was sent to the shelter I am in now because Black people at the main walkin shelter (the shelter I am in now is only by referral not walkin) didn't like the fact that I was an "uppity light-skinned Uncle Tom"/"Carlton Banks" type that was cordially asking to be placed in a shelter that is conducive to quickly find housing and a job ("Oh how dare he be so demanding and so faggty/nice"). Again: friendly reminder: most Blacks don't like nice/good guys hence the thug subculture.

The only ways I'm getting out is by getting a job/saving up (there's a recession out there and my shelter is isolated on the island of the TriBorough Bridge so a bus only comes once an hour)
--or--
getting housing due to referrals by the shelter itself (how can they?? they are disorganized because those type of Black people run it?!?!?!)

Leave Black people alone if you have a choice. In America, they are put in a position where it's their duty to keep people down or to box them out of opportunities. Look at NYC, most people don't want to be bothered with them whom aren't ghetto nor Black.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

E_Irizarry wrote:
All_That_Is_Man wrote:E_Irizarry: That is quite an intricate plan you've got there - Are you speaking from experience? Moving to a shelter wouldn't be a bad idea. Actually when I was "virtually homeless" (we'll say) a couple years ago, I met some people who highly recommended shelter programs as they seem to take anybody in, hook them up with housing, and find them a job. I was hesitant, and I imagined the company of said people were druggies, klepto, unsanitary, etc. Not my cup of tea just for free money/food from Uncle Sam. Again, I just assumed these things and never took the offer. You make a great point of cashing any money that I get, as well as keeping my funds out of the bank system (which I actually found out TODAY that my account has hidden fees that I just narrowly avoided). You say a passport-expedition service alone is $300? Wow! Does it at least last forever? I have never had a passport and obviously been deprived from all increments of ANY travel, so I'm far from in the know of that. As far as shelters go, if you are speaking from experience and are currently doing what you speak of, all I can say is be careful living such a life. I'm not judging you, but keep such resentment for the system in check. Again, I wouldn't take that route just for free money and food, given that I am not on the street, but be careful and play it safe. From my experience, don't make any buddies with street drifters at all. Friendly chat and parting ways is more than enough.
Yes, it's not a facade...it's not a smokescreen...I am living proof of going through the "trial and tribulations of resilence of returning to ex-patriating". Currently, I am "living" (not "dying" per sé but I don't "reside" at where I`m about to tell you that I stay....) in the worse homeless shelter in the five boroughs of NYC and possibly in all of NYS!!

1) The staff is 96 percent Black which they typically encompass all the unmitigatedly incorrigible "capabilities" that they possess in an Anglo-Saxon free enterprise capitalist system. In laymen terms, a whopping majority of Black Americans don't have the ability to organize anything in their lives and in this context, they cannot organize clients to get into independent living because they deliberately set up clients to miss their housing interviews which hence boxes the clients into further frustration (e.g. of crabs-in-a-barrel syndrome that Black people do unto each other have coined and carried out since day one in N. America) and then those disgruntled clients constantly relapse into being arrested by the homeless shelter police (courtesy of Michael Bloomberg) due to "spazzing out from things beyond their control".

WE cannot bring laptops into the shelter because the clients are so f***ing inept and inconsiderate because they plug their DVD players and all types of conspicuous electronic items into the outlets that the incapcitated need for charging their wheelchairs in order to get around and do what they want and need to do the next business day. Therefore, I cannot study at the shelter because I'm not special enough to bring my laptop in that I need as a study aid because I'm another client hence I'm just another piece of shit.

The food they serve in from the lowest grade of mass production: cheap mass-distributed 2-percent milk, oatmeal every morning, bread (complex carbs are unhealthy yet cheap so go figure) and cheap grade of tainted meat: ham strips - every f***ing morning. Pork usually causes hypertension, but since the shelter is a Fortune 500 cashcow, they are concerned with cutting costs while keeping the clients there as long as they can (chuh-ching!). You have to love big business; corporations run America, not the people.

Let met tell you: due to the cheap-ass diet in that shelter, St Lukes Roosevelt and Lenox Hill ambulances do not go more than 2-3 days from coming to the shelter to pick up a dead body or guy with his face cut by a razor or a person with a stroke/seizure. This shelter has a 100 incapcitated/handicapped people, which makes up a third of the clients in the shelter I stay at.

However, since you have a job or unemployment insurance income, that would be the only thing that would prevent you from being a permanent or a long-term resident of the shelter so I would still advice to do it as long as you do not corner yourself out of constant income that you can save (i.e. stay on top of your weekly unemployment claims by reporting them in at the time and number they ask you --OR-- else you'll end up making permanent bedbunkies with Trouble the crack dealer or Clyde the shermhead that tries to break into your locker whilst you are taking a shower (have a good lock!!!!) or Gino the pedophile or Terry the marica mariconanso doo-doo-butter boy taking it in the arse by Trouble's HIV dick - in the showers 3 in the morning while everybody is sound asleep!!!).

See. I am special. Why? Because I don't smoke cigarettes (never did!), which shelter clients (i.e. residents) are notoriously famous for...Because I never smoked crack.....I don't drink frequently....I literally drink once every few months....and I never been to jail (and never ratted anybody out or take a plea so that I wouldn't go to jail). I'm special damn it!

But not to the idiotas that work at the shelter I "live" at. Why? Because some of them were maleant people in the criminal lifestyle and they don't respect good guys. Look at the Black community: it's run by women..it's the only matriarchal community that exists in the Western world!!! So since most Black women find good guys to be deplorable, that attitude transcends onto the shelter place, too because a plethora of Black women work there too as well as ex-con Black men whom are adminstrative staff *sigh!*

I feel like they feel that people are supposed to be stuck in the homeless system by design by putting crab-in-the-barrel niggers in authorative juxaposition that feel better that they are no long in the shelter system on the welfare end of the game so that they enjoy putting those in need down (i.e. us the shelter clients that are trying to move on).

I have to leave my laptop among other necesary electronical components at the locker of the school run by cohesive synergetic ambience and cordiality of Latinos (Thank God - Like Ladislav says: America needs them!) indefinitely (no time limit to get my shit out of there...aren't they so nice? and I'm very very thankful (no sarcasm - I am serious that I am thankful)). I have acquired my CompTIA A+ from there (they paid my cert exam for FREE, and they want to pay for my Windows 7 cert exams for FREE but I can hardly concentrate due to the time availability I have daily between working to keep my Public Assistance benefits as well as studying and going to Cisco/CCNA night school during the week!).

I hope it makes sense; it's that deep to manifest and digest all of this.

So when some you cats moan about trivial shit - just remember, I would not put it pass you all that most of you all do not have an arduous living shit-uation like I do.

Due to NYC shelter law, I cannot transfer to another shelter. I was sent to the shelter I am in now because Black people at the main walkin shelter (the shelter I am in now is only by referral not walkin) didn't like the fact that I was an "uppity light-skinned Uncle Tom"/"Carlton Banks" type that was cordially asking to be placed in a shelter that is conducive to quickly find housing and a job ("Oh how dare he be so demanding and so faggty/nice"). Again: friendly reminder: most Blacks don't like nice/good guys hence the thug subculture.

The only ways I'm getting out is by getting a job/saving up (there's a recession out there and my shelter is isolated on the island of the TriBorough Bridge so a bus only comes once an hour)
--or--
getting housing due to referrals by the shelter itself (how can they?? they are disorganized because those type of Black people run it?!?!?!)

Leave Black people alone if you have a choice. In America, they are put in a position where it's their duty to keep people down or to box them out of opportunities. Look at NYC, most people don't want to be bothered with them whom aren't ghetto nor Black.
I live in a shelter myself in San Antonio, Texas. I am trying to move on myself... :-(
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

All_That_Is_Man wrote: Jackal: To make matters better, friends and forum users revealed to me that schools actually buy your plane ticket and give you housing upon hiring you.
Hmm, some jobs might buy your plane ticket, but I think that that's a rarity--especially if you have no experience or teaching credentials. You will limit your opportunities a lot if you only consider jobs overseas that will pay for your plane ticket. There will be much fewer of those jobs. You might as well earn enough money to pay for a plane ticket or get a credit card now, so you can have more options in your job search. A job which "only" gives you housing is still a good deal!