Have men lost the art of flirting?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Have men lost the art of flirting?

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

What's up guys, saw this post over at CityData and I think it sums up one of the major problems in regards to dating in America. This post was one of the answers to the original poster who claims that American men lost the art of flirting.

"I agree. With so many laws about sexual harrassment, it seems like men can't figure out how to approach women anymore.

When I was single, I always noticed that foreign men never had any problems flirting with me or telling me that they were interested in me. Foreign men would do all kinds of things if they were interested that men in America would get arrested for. I've lived briefly in France, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, and Brazil--and in those countries men can be very aggressive in their flirting. Some of the things they would do include getting the woman's address from someone and sending her cards and flowers, walking by the woman's house multiple times hoping to run into her, waiting for her outside her job to be able to talk to her, following her around, singing to her outside her window (yes, this still happens!). Men will see you on the bus or train and get off at your stop and start a conversation. Next thing you know, they're inviting you to have a cup of coffee.

I usually found it nice, if it was someone I was attracted to. And the women in these countries generally find that behavior flattering, or at least non-threatening. Men who do this are not considered creeps or psychos. Those are all culturally acceptable ways to let a woman know they are interested.

In America there are so many constraints that men have become very unsure of themselves, unless, as Urban Sasquatch noted, they are too stupid to care."

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relation ... rting.html
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Here's the thing ... the art of flirting in America works well in school but outside of it, it's the art of the business schmooze. Now, here's what's missing in the above forum, even if one makes good conversation, using the 5-7 min rule of cutting it off (to appear aloof and having it together), the fact of the matter is that these AWs are bi-polar, high maintenance histrionic b*tches. Thus, it's not worth flirting to start with, because the end result is that you'll have a crazy, stalking you.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

^ Exactly, what's the point of trying to pursue a woman who is defective in the first place.

I say most women over 25, in America, are defective in some way shape or form.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Ha! Complaining about the consequences of the laws they clamored for, while dealing with their fickleness and your obligation to be Carnac the Magnificent. Typical. :roll:

By page 3, men are getting slammed for looking elsewhere ("they only want a green card", etc.)
Page 4, it's all the man's fault anyway.
Page 5, Men can be dangerous, so we'll get cops involved instead of just saying "go away".

All in all: Read our minds, know whether we're interested, just playing/flirting, creeped out, or in "let's just be friends" mode -- all without any verbal indication from us, and then act accordingly. Oh, and don't you dare look elsewhere. Just sit there, no, sit over there, and take the abuse.
Pages and pages worth. :roll:

I'm so glad not to be dealing with this crap, anymore ...
If it requires more "game" than privyet or pozdrav, etc., I'm not playing. :razz:

не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Teal Lantern wrote:Ha! Complaining about the consequences of the laws they clamored for, while dealing with their fickleness and your obligation to be Carnac the Magnificent. Typical. :roll:

By page 3, men are getting slammed for looking elsewhere ("they only want a green card", etc.)
Page 4, it's all the man's fault anyway.
Page 5, Men can be dangerous, so we'll get cops involved instead of just saying "go away".

All in all: Read our minds, know whether we're interested, just playing/flirting, creeped out, or in "let's just be friends" mode -- all without any verbal indication from us, and then act accordingly. Oh, and don't you dare look elsewhere. Just sit there, no, sit over there, and take the abuse.
Pages and pages worth. :roll:

I'm so glad not to be dealing with this crap, anymore ...
If it requires more "game" than privyet or pozdrav, etc., I'm not playing. :razz:

+1
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Re: Have men lost the art of flirting?

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:What's up guys, saw this post over at CityData and I think it sums up one of the major problems in regards to dating in America. This post was one of the answers to the original poster who claims that American men lost the art of flirting.

"I agree. With so many laws about sexual harrassment, it seems like men can't figure out how to approach women anymore.

When I was single, I always noticed that foreign men never had any problems flirting with me or telling me that they were interested in me. Foreign men would do all kinds of things if they were interested that men in America would get arrested for. I've lived briefly in France, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, and Brazil--and in those countries men can be very aggressive in their flirting. Some of the things they would do include getting the woman's address from someone and sending her cards and flowers, walking by the woman's house multiple times hoping to run into her, waiting for her outside her job to be able to talk to her, following her around, singing to her outside her window (yes, this still happens!). Men will see you on the bus or train and get off at your stop and start a conversation. Next thing you know, they're inviting you to have a cup of coffee.

I usually found it nice, if it was someone I was attracted to. And the women in these countries generally find that behavior flattering, or at least non-threatening. Men who do this are not considered creeps or psychos. Those are all culturally acceptable ways to let a woman know they are interested.

In America there are so many constraints that men have become very unsure of themselves, unless, as Urban Sasquatch noted, they are too stupid to care."

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relation ... rting.html
Forum rant written by a woman? = FAIL.

First rule of red pillers: STOP READING BOOKS, ARTICLES, COLUMNS, "ADVICE", FORUM RANTS, BLOGS, ETC. WRITTEN BY WOMEN. STOP IT COMPLETELY. Only then will your natural masculinity be allowed to flow into you for a change.

So like Teal Lantern said, western females are now complaining about the misandric laws that they themselves have created. Why? Because nobody is begging for their pu$sy anymore..
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
FREEDOM1
Freshman Poster

Post by FREEDOM1 »

first of all, it isnt an art at all

there is nothing to learn, it is inate

we know if we are attracted to a woman or not and our

body language will automatically show this, eyes, expression etc..

the problem with the west is that women rarely reciprocate and

barely show minimal interest even if they are interested (rare exceptions of course),

and even you establish contact , then they play all these retarded pre-brainwashed games

which leaves you second guessing and doubting yourself if she really is interested

This confuses the crap out of men and many of us have withdrawn from flirting,

as its a waste of time dealing with childish idiots who call themselves independant women
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

FREEDOM1 wrote:we know if we are attracted to a woman or not and our

body language will automatically show this, eyes, expression etc..

the problem with the west is that women rarely reciprocate and

barely show minimal interest even if they are interested (rare exceptions of course),

and even you establish contact , then they play all these retarded pre-brainwashed games

which leaves you second guessing and doubting yourself if she really is interested

This confuses the crap out of men and many of us have withdrawn from flirting,

as its a waste of time dealing with childish idiots who call themselves independant women.
This is so true. Women in western countries DO NOT flirt with men or give any signals that they are interested in men. So this leaves men guessing as to whether he should approach a woman or not.

Most times when men approach women and ask them for their number, they get rejected. When this happens time and time again, men get to the point that they just stop asking women out.

There is only so much rejection a man can take. Winston said he was rejected hundreds of times by women in America.

The only answer to go overseas and meet real women who DO flirt with men and show interest in men.
:D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."