Any of you ever try a Speed Dating Event?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Any of you ever try a Speed Dating Event?

Post by Winston »

Have any of you gone to one of those speed dating events before? If so, was it fun? Did you meet anyone? Was it a positive friendly experience? Were there any quality women there?

They have some on Meetup.com. Here is one Speed Dating group there:

http://www.meetup.com/LAS-VEGAS-SINGLES-SPEED-DATING/

I went to a speed dating event at the mall in Angeles City, Philippines once. It was ok, and I met a few cute girls there. But nothing else came of it. One girl from the speed dating went bar hopping with me afterward. Before she left, she asked if she could borrow money from me. I refused. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Any of you gone to a Speed Dating Event?

Post by Taco »

A friend of mine tried it and said its the same as regular dating only faster. Result, all the women he liked were not interested in him. Speed dating in China is not much different.

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

I know that in America its a total, complete waste of time....Been there, done that...The ones who got the girls were complete psychopaths or pathological liars...Maybe overseas it may fare a bit better?!?!
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Funny that this came up.

I just went to a speed dating event yesterday in LA. It was very exhausting and a waste of time. I had 4 matches, only 1 of which responded to my text message afterwards (and her response was weird).

The other men that I talked to at the event had similar experiences.

I say try it once, but it will likely be a waste of time, just live most avenues of meeting women in the US for any guy that's not in the top 10%.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Any of you ever try a Speed Dating Event?

Post by Winston »

How do they match people at those events? Do they have to "like" you for you to get a match? What if you no one "likes" you and you get zero "likes"? Wouldn't that be humiliating?

How do you find out about such events? Where are they advertised, besides Meetup.com that is?

When the women are interviewing you, does it feel like a job interview? What is their attitude like? Do they pretend to be having fun? lol

Can you during an interview just say to the woman, "Hey you wanna go out sometime? Maybe we can exchange numbers and emails?"
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

The advantage of speed dating is you get rejected by substandard women faster.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

In a sane society,there is no need to make speed dating as a way of meeting.
It's not surprising this thing comes from the US.
I wouldn't bother to try and from what i have seen here in France,you get the same deal as any dating websites.
More men than women,women can pay less to enter,many women just go there to meet new guys in a friend mode,they also test their attractiveness without looking for more...
You can be sure the ones who are more interviewed are the men..not the women.
They have many others options if they really want to break the celibacy.
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

green1976 wrote:In a sane society,there is no need to make speed dating as a way of meeting.
I wouldn't bother to try and from what i have seen here in France,you get the same deal as any dating websites.
More men than women,women can pay less to enter,many women just go there to meet new guys in a friend mode,they also test their attractiveness without looking for more...
Is France just as bad as america? Just looking for clarification? Thx! :mrgreen:
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Winston wrote:How do they match people at those events? Do they have to "like" you for you to get a match? What if you no one "likes" you and you get zero "likes"? Wouldn't that be humiliating?
It's not made public. The organizer emails you afterwards with the results.
How do you find out about such events? Where are they advertised, besides Meetup.com that is?
I was curious about it and Googled it. Figured I'd give it a try.
When the women are interviewing you, does it feel like a job interview? What is their attitude like? Do they pretend to be having fun? lol
They were friendly and fun. It didn't feel like an interview.
Can you during an interview just say to the woman, "Hey you wanna go out sometime? Maybe we can exchange numbers and emails?"
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. You could also stay after and mingle. I was unable to do this because I had a date in another county after the speed dating lol.

I'm thinking that I may have lost the women then....because the other guys had a chance to talk to them after the event.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Taco wrote:The advantage of speed dating is you get rejected by substandard women faster.
One of the women that I met there was one of the hottest that I've ever seen in person (in any country), a solid 9+. I got way too tongue-tied and botched it though lol.

It's probably for the better though. I'm not confident enough to date a woman like that.
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

The wrote:
green1976 wrote:In a sane society,there is no need to make speed dating as a way of meeting.
Is France just as bad as america? Just looking for clarification? Thx! :mrgreen:
Maybe not as bad but but bad if you compare to Latin America,SEA or EA.
I think you can get a better deal in some others Western countries.
French women have the advantage to be less obese and also less big mouthed compared to AM that's true.
But you don't go quit far with that and the invisible feeling man and the feminist attitude is quite prevalent.

Do you know guys here some time fantazise on the US and believe sincerely women there are more approachable,easy to fu ck?
That's the same story of US men who are certain to get a better deal in France or in the Western world.

Just don't bother your time using your hard earned money,unless you are very wealthy,to come here for having a positive experience in the dating scene.

Better stick to SEA,Latin America or EA.
I prefer by far SEA and the countries like Thailand,Philippines or Cambodia.
I think it's quit difficult to find a better deal if you want the whole package(women availability,p4p,not expensive,some security..)