A bright light in america

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

A bright light in america

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Went christmas caroling with my church. Was so much fun to see the smiling on the elderly peoples face. Then went back to the pastors house. I never knew americans could be so nice. I was observing how the kids were so well behaved and how the were having fun playing with the toys and the parents were off talking. I was a bit jealous in some ways of these families. This was actually one of the greatest days in my life. Almost better than any time in philippines. Maybe im just lucky or have seen the light. :D
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 2nd, 2020, 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Re: A bright light in america

Ghost wrote:Christmas is one of those few times of the year that the U.S. doesn't seem so bad. People are a tad bit nicer, perhaps. It gives you something pleasant to look at in those otherwise soul-killing suburban areas too.
Yeah wish i could do this more often. I think there is good people in the u.s you just wont find them easily. not everyone is miserable in america.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

I agree with the OP.

PLENTY of nice folks in Athens, Georgia, where I am (still) trying to return to for Christmas.

I would be willing to go live there if I could get a young wife there, and get paid enough to support her and a brood of children there.

But neither the nice old folks, nor the nice married folks, help me do either one of those things.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Jester wrote:I agree with the OP.

PLENTY of nice folks in Athens, Georgia, where I am (still) trying to return to for Christmas.

I would be willing to go live there if I could get a young wife there, and get paid enough to support her and a brood of children there.

But neither the nice old folks, nor the nice married folks, help me do either one of those things.
Yeah people in the south are nicer then californians but there are some good people left even here. Wish I could find a nice sweet christian woman someday (here or abroad to take back) ;) but im not gonna rush things and i may not be ready anyways. It will come in time if its meant to be. In college I knew someone from Georgia. Really nice friendly guy. The people there seem down to earth. Its rare to find people like that in california.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Ghost wrote:Southern women are not better, though, don't forget that. Remember that the same cultural rot and the same daddygov rule down here, too. Southern women are AWs too, and probably in some regards worse.
slightly better. but overally usually very bad still lol
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
Its rare to find people like that in california.
True.

...but there are some good people left even here.
Well sure, but you have to look. I guess you're going back to church these days? That's a start, but you cant stay around one small congregation. You need to church-hop till you find a trove of lookers. Even if it means going to 2 services a Sunday.

In LA lots of churches have the White service in the AM, then an ethnic service around noon or as late as 3pm.

One advantage about women in the US, they aren't looking for your green card.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Jester wrote:
Its rare to find people like that in california.
True.

...but there are some good people left even here.
Well sure, but you have to look. I guess you're going back to church these days? That's a start, but you cant stay around one small congregation. You need to church-hop till you find a trove of lookers. Even if it means going to 2 services a Sunday.

In LA lots of churches have the White service in the AM, then an ethnic service around noon or as late as 3pm.

One advantage about women in the US, they aren't looking for your green card.
Ha but on the flipside the green card is all i have to offer :D

Im always antsy of the idea of meeting a woman in church it seems so inappropriate and most women aren't really there to look for your advances.

apart of me doesn't really want to find an american woman cause im still dreaming about my adventures of running around asia. Id like to visit china or other places in asia. Its a big world out there and ive had a taste of asia and id like to go back. Dont get me wrong id give that up if i found the woman of my dreams in america but shed have to be very special cause im about 1 year from having enough cash to go into partial retirement (change directions to a more low key stuff) so i can start traveling or even living abroad with alot of my finances more secure.

Yeah i hear what you say I was thinking of going to multiple churches just cause i need to get out but i dont really want to go to church in my town its supposed to be sort of big but i dont want to be in my town to church. The one im going to is 13 miles away and there might be one like 5 miles away but i think that one is small and not sure how good that is. I dont want to drive to go see that one.

Im not going to church to find a woman. This church is very very small. Like the smallest church in history ;) I think its a bit disengious to go to church for women. Although when i go abroad i may check out the churches out of curiosity like china or whatever if i go there. I figure it would be a good place to meet christian people in a foreign country and id learn a thing or 2 and maybe even find the girl of my dreams you never know. But i never assume that cause even in phil thats hard to do. only one girl i remember was quite aggressive even when i was with my bargirl at the time she didn't care she wanted to approach us in church and talk etc lol
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

I should post some pictures. I am not such a Scrooge but do wear a Scrooge shirt however. Yes I am a Christmas light aholic and even lights on my motorcycle. Last night I had a confrontation with the College Carbon Nazi's but sped away on my lighted sled. :D
Last edited by Moretorque on December 17th, 2014, 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Ha but on the flipside the green card is all i have to offer :D
:lol: :roll: :lol:
Cute.

Im always antsy of the idea of meeting a woman in church it seems so inappropriate

Where else will you meet a Christian woman?

In the bar?

Society is broken. There are no more communal folk dances.

Deal with it.

most women aren't really there to look for your advances.
On the contrary that is the only reason most single women motivate themselves to get dolled up on a Sunday morning and go to church.

Not just my opinion.

In the old days I heard the frustrations of single women who were never approached in church. More than once.

[quote}

apart of me doesn't really want to find an american woman cause im still dreaming about my adventures of running around asia. Id like to visit china or other places in asia. Its a big world out there and ive had a taste of asia and id like to go back. Dont get me wrong id give that up if i found the woman of my dreams in america but shed have to be very special cause im about 1 year from having enough cash to go into partial retirement (change directions to a more low key stuff) so i can start traveling or even living abroad with alot of my finances more secure.

Yeah i hear what you say I was thinking of going to multiple churches just cause i need to get out but i dont really want to go to church in my town its supposed to be sort of big but i dont want to be in my town to church. The one im going to is 13 miles away and there might be one like 5 miles away but i think that one is small and not sure how good that is. I dont want to drive to go see that one.

Im not going to church to find a woman. This church is very very small. Like the smallest church in history ;) I think its a bit disengious to go to church for women. Although when i go abroad i may check out the churches out of curiosity like china or whatever if i go there. I figure it would be a good place to meet christian people in a foreign country and id learn a thing or 2 and maybe even find the girl of my dreams you never know. But i never assume that cause even in phil thats hard to do. only one girl i remember was quite aggressive even when i was with my bargirl at the time she didn't care she wanted to approach us in church and talk etc lol
Go to a church in Cali that has an ethnic congregation, walk in and act like the joke is on you, you didnt know it is all Chinese, and find yourself an FOB girl who needs a green card to stay.

A Chinese wingman would help. You could actually ask them where to go to church and ask to go with them. My acupuncturist commutes to Ensenada from Orange County, she only dates White men, stays chaste since divorce, but attends a church that is all-Chinese. No wonder she has a hard time finding you.

You're addicted to whores, so find yourself a good girl, turn her into a whore gradually. Quite a few girls would go along with that happily.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Jester there is only spanish speaking where i live in california. I dont live where there is anything other than whites and mexicans.
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

I personally enjoy Christmas in Europe more than the US....It just feels more genuine, "Christmassy" and less politically correct.....