Foreign Wife, American Family

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Foreign Wife, American Family

Post by Yohan »

fschmidt wrote: ... How did I deal with this? I didn't care. I didn't argue with my family, I just ignored them and did what was right. They gradually accepted it.

Do you really want your Mexican wife to assimilate into American culture, the world's worst culture? I certainly didn't and I encouraged my wife to have Mexican friends or friends from any country except America...
This is a good advice, my Japanese wife never had any friends from Europe. Maybe USA is worse than Europe, but if you ask me, only a little, basically the same.

However there are agreements between Continental Europe/Japan, we never had any visa problem or social insurance problem, in general formalities for bringing in a foreign wife are much easier in Continental Europe than in USA, Australia and UK. Also unpleasant issues like racism and religion have less influence in Continental Europe than in USA. - Anyway, we left soon Europe and were moving finally to Japan.

The point is you have to decide what to do, you cannot live a little bit in your own country and then again a little bit in her country. You have to decide where to settle down.