Question: Windows 10

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Question: Windows 10

Post by Tsar »

How many people here use Windows 10? Is it completely terrible garbage like most people say it is? Do you like it? I feel like smashing everything I own in a rage if I'm stuck with garbage instead of the nice Windows 7.

Windows XP was great and then I got Windows 7 when my old computer XP died.

I'm really messed up right now because I hate that garbage smartphone OS aka Windows 10.

Does anyone here on HappierAbroad have anything good to say about Windows 10? Otherwise I'm going to lose it...
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Re: Question: Windows 10

Post by starchild5 »

Get Windows 7...Its stable...don't switch 10 into old computer as it needs more CPU power ...
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

starchild5 wrote:Get Windows 7...Its stable...don't switch 10 into old computer as it needs more CPU power ...
I'm not putting it on an old computer. It will be what comes on a New computer. Does anyone here like Windows 10? All I hear is that it's garbage and a spyware Operating System.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Where are all the answers? Every f-ing member of this f-ing forum uses a computer. Some of you must use Windows 10 so give me your opinion on it.

Otherwise I'm done with all of you and type random things on my change password to lock myself out of my own account. This isn't the same good and helpful community I joined back in 2012 if you can't even share a simple opinion.
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Post by drronnie »

Never tried WIndows 10 because I have an older notebook. But I heard from friends it is not bad. I suggest to try it out first and you still can throw it out later.
Signet
Freshman Poster

Post by Signet »

Purely anecdotally, Windows 10 has made everything I have ever put it on worse (a laptop, and a school hard drive), caused weird, random problems that end up being unfixable. Several people I know have had their computers go to shit completely. That's not even getting into the spyware. I don't know anybody who likes it, who actually has experience with it. I know a few who are very diplomatic about their distaste for it ("it's...interesting"), but that's about the closest I've managed to finding an endorsement. I would avoid. Only use it if you have to (some jobs only use Windows 10). If you get it on a store-bought computer, I'd grab a Windows 7 disc -- I actually like 8.1, but most people don't -- off the internet. OEM versions will save you a few dollars.

Also, why are you spazzing out about not getting replies only 3 hours after you made your thread? Most people have things to do during the day (on top of that, it's middle of the night/early morning in Europe, where several posters are).
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Im on windows 10. It is better than the windows 8 i had before.

One thing i dont like is that if i plug in my modem it sees it as a unlimited adsl line and starts doing massive auto uodates, eating all my data. So i have to use my modem as a wireless router on battery power to avoid this.

Why they need so many and such updates, who knows. They just keep causing startups to take longer and longer. But given all the jews that run microsoft, it is probably another form of kikery to make you yet another computer with pre installed windows.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Signet wrote:Purely anecdotally, Windows 10 has made everything I have ever put it on worse (a laptop, and a school hard drive), caused weird, random problems that end up being unfixable. Several people I know have had their computers go to shit completely. That's not even getting into the spyware. I don't know anybody who likes it, who actually has experience with it. I know a few who are very diplomatic about their distaste for it ("it's...interesting"), but that's about the closest I've managed to finding an endorsement. I would avoid. Only use it if you have to (some jobs only use Windows 10). If you get it on a store-bought computer, I'd grab a Windows 7 disc -- I actually like 8.1, but most people don't -- off the internet. OEM versions will save you a few dollars.

Also, why are you spazzing out about not getting replies only 3 hours after you made your thread? Most people have things to do during the day (on top of that, it's middle of the night/early morning in Europe, where several posters are).
I guess it settles it. When I get my new laptop I am uninstalling Windows 10 and putting Windows 7 on it. I will remove any Windows 10 sticker on the new laptop.

I'm very upset because I need to spend $2,000 to buy a new gaming laptop after my mom ruined the one I had for 5 years. Amazon is late with shipping me a keyboard and mouse pad actually it's the USPS. I get Free Two Day Shipping. But I hate Windows 10. I had a meltdown today over not being able to buy a new laptop with Windows 7 on it.

So now I get to try to uninstall Windows 10 and replace it with Windows 7 (64-bit oem from Amazon. I f***ing hope its a genuine one that works) and hopefully not break a $2,000 laptop in the process. :(

I pay for the Windows 10 garbage OS only to remove it and spend $100 on the Windows 7 64-bit OEM software. In reality: $2,000 give or take + $100 not to mention the external optical drive I'll need for CDs since new gaming laptops do not have CD/DVD players.

I loved my old gaming laptop I bought in 2011 and only spent $1,079.00 to buy but it was great and still worked like new. But my mom f***ing ruined it on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All that work keeping it running as new just like when I bought it, all up in f***ing flames. Now it's just my "travel laptop" I'll bring on vacations abroad after she ruined it on me. I loved that laptop and I really loved Windows 7.

...If that Purge movie series was real, then I'd f***ing Purge my entire family with a Smith and Wesson. F-U-C-K!!!!! If they all just died years ago like I wished they would, with my wish being their car would skid on ice and crash into a tree or a big truck and they all f***ing die...then I would still have my laptop!!!
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

You don't need to pay that much for Windows 7. Hell, you might not need to pay anything at all. If you had a computer with Windows 7 originally on it, you can just use the license code from it, and input it into Microsoft's site and they'll give you an ISO to download. Otherwise, if you're feeling a bit adventurous (super adventurous) you can download a non-cracked Win 7 iso from somewhere, or buy a disc from ebay for not much money, $5-10 or something. Then off ebay, buy a code from an old computer for $5 (generally from the same seller) and put it in to activate, and tada. Hell, you could sell your Windows 10 code as well to make up the difference, haha. Note, on ebay they're sold as "barebone/scrap PC" to circumvent the rules about directly selling license codes.

As far as Windows 10 goes, I don't have a lot of input, as my mom has it, but I've not used it much. It annoys me. Supposedly, it is a bit better for gaming, and some of the latest stuff can run 1% better or something on Windows 10. Also one weird functionality specifically with Windows 10 is you can actually run some Xbox One games in Windows 10 if you enable some setting in your CD drive, but you don't get graphical options/etc like the PC version would have. You run into messes with drivers and the like. Also it's just an annoying OS just as far as the menu, etc, goes. For spyware, it depends. Windows 10 had some sort of option to turn off the spying in settings, but whether or not it actually does anything, who knows. If the NSA wants to get into your Win 7 computer, they'll be in. I wouldn't say it's a non-issue, but the backdoor access is built into pretty much all OSes. If you wanna be secure run an Amiga or something.

That said, I'd really recommend Linux, I used it until recently, when I built a semi-gaming PC finally and wanted some Windows games and some emulators that ran better in Windows. Linux overall is a bit faster/smoother than Windows, but it and 7 are pretty tied, assuming your 7 is running right. And it's not that hard to learn, etc. I actually wouldn't recommend Ubuntu, but would recommend Peppermint OS or LXLE. Gaming is limited, though, to basically emulators, and certain emulators, the Linux versions aren't too good compared to Windows. What I miss most about Linux is the really high quality freeware programs, some that I still don't have good functional equivalents to in Windows currently.

Also... how exactly did your mother ruin your old laptop? Can't you just fix it? If it still works good enough for a travel laptop, then surely it's salvageable, right?