No Biscuits, mashed potatoes, green beans

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

No Biscuits, mashed potatoes, green beans

Post by MrMan »

I remember when I first moved to Indonesia. I went to KFC at a mall to look around. They served food on actual plates. I saw fried chicken next to what I thought for a split second was a big scoop of mashed potatoes. No, it wasn't. It was rice.

I looked at the side items and I thought, "This isn't Kentucky Fried Chicken. It's Indonesian Fried Chicken."

I was wrong about that, since the local style doesn't use crunchy batter. They also chop their chicken up the Asian way, which looks like someone put on a blind fold and started hacking it into small pieces. They chop a regular sized piece up smaller to spread it around to more people I guess.

For a while KFC had some tiny portions of mashed potatoes. Church's Chicken goes by 'Texas Fried Chicken' in Indonesia. Many years ago, they had slaw, but it had raw onions in it, which I didn't like. They also had hot sauced mixed into what was supposed to be ketchup in the dispenser. I probably didn't eat there again for about 15 years.

Then one time years later, I took my kids to eat at a Texas Chicken at the airport in Malaysia. They had biscuits with honey on them, mashed potatoes and gravy, and these delicious chicken wraps. The chicken was good too. But we checked it out in Jakarta. Just fried chicken, rice, and maybe some local fixings. No wraps. No biscuits. No mashed potatoes. We left without ordering and got Chinese food.

In Indonesia, McDonald's serves fried chicken, on the bone, not just nuggets. And it's pretty good. In the US, I didn't see any kind of burger at KFC, but in Indonesia, they have chicken burgers and sandwiches. But I think they got rid of their mashed potatoes which they introduced for a while, or had the last I went there. So if you want a chicken burger, you can go to KFC, and if you want fried chicken, you can go to McDonald's.

In my experience, if you want some digestive problems, you can go to Wendy's and eat a large chicken sandwich. It happened to me twice. The second time, I forgot what I had ordered earlier. They had Frosties there many years ago.