People in U.S. suburbs are very snobby

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
statnerd
Freshman Poster

People in U.S. suburbs are very snobby

Post by statnerd »

I live in the suburbs of Houston and family members, as well as other people I know who live around here, tend to be condescending, arrogant, and competitive. They feel the need to prove that they are smarter and more successful than others and regularly judge and put others down. When you talk to them, it isn't uncommon to experience snickering or smirking. They generally have sour attitudes and almost always seem pissed off about something.

Life in the suburbs is so boring and the people are mainly concerned with making money, so I figure that's why they are that way. It's a hollow and miserable existence, only caring about material things and one-upping the people around them.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: People in U.S. suburbs are very snobby

Post by Yohan »

This is the problem in many places not only in USA, but also in Europe. It is a life full with mistrust against any other person nearby. Plenty of crimes of any kind. A flood of illegal immigrants makes it even worse. The economic situation is also not the best and everybody tries to earn money 'somehow'.
This situation is getting even worse during cold wintertime. I also blame feminism partially, as it damaged seriously the dating scene between men and women.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

statnerd wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 7:33 am
I live in the suburbs of Houston and family members, as well as other people I know who live around here, tend to be condescending, arrogant, and competitive. They feel the need to prove that they are smarter and more successful than others and regularly judge and put others down. When you talk to them, it isn't uncommon to experience snickering or smirking. They generally have sour attitudes and almost always seem pissed off about something.

Life in the suburbs is so boring and the people are mainly concerned with making money, so I figure that's why they are that way. It's a hollow and miserable existence, only caring about material things and one-upping the people around them.
Welcome to America! Americans get less days off per year to have a life than any major country in the world. America is a work country. All Americans can be proud of is their job and their material objects. Oh, they can raise over-protected kids too.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/richa ... 2019-03-07
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Post by CannedHam »

Suburban life f***ing blows. I see near zero appeal in living 1+ hour from a major city center just to have a little more land and a bigger house.

I almost went crazy when I visited my parents a while back, who live in a typical run of the mill suburb that you can't tell apart from the thousands of others like it.

You need to drive literally everywhere. Coffee? 10 minute drive. McDonalds? 10 minute drive. The only thing I could see if I walked outside was an endless pool of cookie cutter homes. Streets were deserted and sidewalks totally empty. One night I googled "restaurants near me". Applebees, TGI Fridays, Outback Steakhouse, Pizza Hut - nothing but the usual shit. Endless strips malls all filled with the same f***ing stores like GNC, Dollar Store, Subway, Dry Cleaning etc.

I don't know what it is that people enjoy about this lifestyle. After working or school or whatever, you drive home and then just stay there. I've lived in Asia, South America, and have spent some limited time in large European cities and man those places were hustling and bustling. I could walk or take the bus/train to just about anywhere. People hang around, eating street food, joking, at all hours of the night. Tons of unique mom and pop stores and restaurants. Kids running around.

And yes, so many suburbanites are all about one-upping others. Constantly moving to larger houses, buying more expensive cars, handbags, lavish vacations.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Living in the suburbs is about as exciting as watching cement dry. You have to drive everywhere, public transportation is pretty much non existent. Everyone hides in their houses and people never socialize with their neighbors.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."