Would You Get the Covid-19 Vaccine?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Would You Get the Covid-19 Vaccine?

Poll ended at April 18th, 2021, 7:14 pm

Yes
40%
Undecided
12%
No
48%

Total votes: 42
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Would You Get the Covid-19 Vaccine?

Post by Cornfed »

Spencer wrote:
November 8th, 2021, 3:55 pm
I know person healthy less 60 age recent die from covid and know other deaths from news reporting happen in last months
How do you know he died from covid, or for that matter anything other than having his lungs blown out with a ventilator? Of course people die from flu all the time - 80k+ in the US in the 2018 season.
Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

Cornfed wrote:
November 8th, 2021, 4:11 pm
Spencer wrote:
I know person healthy less 60 age recent die from covid and know other deaths from news reporting happen in last months
How do you know he died from covid, or for that matter anything other than having his lungs blown out with a ventilator? Of course people die from flu all the time - 80k+ in the US in the 2018 season.
But it seem strange cus never i ever know people who drop dead from flus

but wit covid already i see many died
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Spencer wrote:
November 8th, 2021, 4:50 pm
Cornfed wrote:
Spencer wrote:

Well clearly they do drop dead by the thousands from flu, but they were generally not at risk of being murdered by being put on ventilators up until now.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Yohan wrote:
November 8th, 2021, 8:21 am
Luckily here in Japan we have no problem about Covid-19 anymore. Japan reported 231.596 patients 2 months ago - peak.
Now it's over, more or less a finished matter.

People came by themselves for vaccination, and those who did not, no problem up to them.
The Japanese government has no legal power to force anybody to be vaccinated.

Today only 107 new infections were reported in Japan.
The total number of patients in hospital care in all Japan is 3531 and still declining.

About 99 million people out of the total population of 125 million are now vaccinated most of them with Pfizer.
3rd shot will also be available around end of this year.

In the meantime there is seasonal influenza vaccination ready, if you want to get this shot too.

24 out of 47 provinces reported ZERO new infections.

No restrictions at all. Covid-19 is not existing in many areas in Japan.
However nobody knows if there will be another wave of infections in Japan in the near future.
Bless the land where collective discipline meets common sense.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

publicduende wrote:
November 8th, 2021, 9:33 pm
Collective discipline and common sense would involve not taking experimental gene manipulation injections for silly reasons and hanging the animals proffering them - at least after the stupid sheeple had signed their own death warrants by taking them.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Cornfed wrote:
November 8th, 2021, 9:38 pm
publicduende wrote:
Collective discipline and common sense would involve not taking experimental gene manipulation injections for silly reasons and hanging the animals proffering them - at least after the stupid sheeple had signed their own death warrants by taking them.
I know, I know...but compared to most other countries, including Australia and your own, they have faced this entire farce much more rationally.

Even here in the Philippines, life is slowly but surely going back to normal. Especially now that presidential candidates and their entourages are keen to give away "policy candy" for their electorate.
Guts
Freshman Poster

Post by Guts »

Cornfed wrote:
November 8th, 2021, 4:56 pm
Spencer wrote:
November 8th, 2021, 4:50 pm
Cornfed wrote:
Spencer wrote:

Well clearly they do drop dead by the thousands from flu, but they were generally not at risk of being murdered by being put on ventilators up until now.
The article is hidden behind a pay wall and I wouldn’t give (((them))) a penny to read their website but you can at least read the headline. Apparently the 2017/2018 flu season was one of the worst in the last decade, claiming 80,000 lives allegedly.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/01/heal ... ccine.html
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

publicduende wrote:
As said before, it really looks fine in Japan,

Covid-19 almost disappeared - last count today evening, 9th Nov. 22:00h was only 2003 acute cases totally known nationwide in all medical facilities. A very small number.

Here in Japan, the nationwide Pfizer vaccination campaign was starting around the first week of July, but the vaccine requires at least 3 weeks after the first shot to wait, and then the 2nd shot will be administered, and it takes again at least 3 weeks more to finally achieve best possible protection for an healthy adult.

It is not possible to vaccinate 125 million people the same day of course, so you can consider it takes 3 months at least before any positive result can be seen. During the campaign, more than 1 million people were vaccinated on a single day.

Beginning around end of September the number of infected people was starting to decline strongly - from peak 231.596 down to 2003 patients today evening. A huge difference.

Entire hospital wards are now empty and 6 provinces out of 47 provinces report Zero patients. 19 provinces report only a few new cases, not over 10.

Counting since February 2020 of all patients up to today 1,699,606 persons were infected and 18,306 persons died - death rate is about 1.07 %.

It seems, Pfizer vaccine really helps to get finally rid of Covid-19, but it takes time to become effective and you need 80 to 90 percent of the population vaccinated. -

There is no experience about other vaccine except Moderna, which is used only by military medical facilities, which are also open to public.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

publicduende wrote:
November 8th, 2021, 9:53 pm
Cornfed wrote:
November 8th, 2021, 9:38 pm
publicduende wrote:
I know, I know...but compared to most other countries, including Australia and your own, they have faced this entire farce much more rationally.

Even here in the Philippines, life is slowly but surely going back to normal. Especially now that presidential candidates and their entourages are keen to give away "policy candy" for their electorate.
We have no anti-vaxx demos in Japan, no disputes among politicians - all is calm here.

The Japanese government has no legal power to restrict individual citizens in such a situation like covid-19, but it asks obtrusively to co-operate and offers 'recommendations' with the help of media. A lockdown is out of question, not possible.

Most of these hygienic rules are no problem in Japan, like face-masks, keep public restrooms clean, keep windows open in places like in meeting rooms, avoid close contact with other people, wash your hands with alcohol etc.

The Japanese government invites people to show up for free vaccination, but if you don't come nobody will care anyway.

Japanese people in general do not shake hands, are not so communicative people and keep always some distance from each other if possible
- face masks are in use since decades, not a big issue.

The large majority is indeed showing up for vaccination and many are following basic rules to prevent infection. Nobody is however forced to do so.

-----

The Japanese government has only the legal power to restrict entry into Japan, restrict opening time of shops, supermarkets and restaurants, it can force cinemas to close down and events to be cancelled, it can reduce traffic of trains, buses, airplanes, ferries between islands, etc. It can also order public schools to close down for a while etc.

Next step is about influenze and pneumonia vaccination - this is really the worst what might happen to you: Covid-19 + flu + followed by pneumonia, nobody can deny that this might be a life-threatening situation for the patient.

3rd covid-19 shot will start around January/February 2022. I think many will show up again and why not?
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Yohan wrote:
November 9th, 2021, 7:34 am
As said before, it really looks fine in Japan
Mochiron! Compare and contrast with your homeland, where it was recently deliberated that "the unvaccinated" is banned from restaurants, pubs, cinemas, public places, the lot.
Yohan wrote:
November 9th, 2021, 7:34 am
Covid-19 almost disappeared - last count today evening, 9th Nov. 22:00h was only 2003 acute cases totally known nationwide in all medical facilities. A very small number.

Here in Japan, the nationwide Pfizer vaccination campaign was starting around the first week of July, but the vaccine requires at least 3 weeks after the first shot to wait, and then the 2nd shot will be administered, and it takes again at least 3 weeks more to finally achieve best possible protection for an healthy adult.

It is not possible to vaccinate 125 million people the same day of course, so you can consider it takes 3 months at least before any positive result can be seen. During the campaign, more than 1 million people were vaccinated on a single day.

Beginning around end of September the number of infected people was starting to decline strongly - from peak 231.596 down to 2003 patients today evening. A huge difference.

Entire hospital wards are now empty and 6 provinces out of 47 provinces report Zero patients. 19 provinces report only a few new cases, not over 10.

Counting since February 2020 of all patients up to today 1,699,606 persons were infected and 18,306 persons died - death rate is about 1.07 %.

It seems, Pfizer vaccine really helps to get finally rid of Covid-19, but it takes time to become effective and you need 80 to 90 percent of the population vaccinated. -

There is no experience about other vaccine except Moderna, which is used only by military medical facilities, which are also open to public.
I am glad the Japanese acted with common sense and discipline, as it usually expected from them in even more dramatic circumstances, like the Fukushima tsunami/nuclear disaster.

I wouldn't be so quick in giving the vaccine (Pfizer?) credit. It might well be a combination of vaccinal immunity plus natural immunity, plus the excellent general state of health of the Japanese population. Plus the fact that, unlike so many other world governments, the Japanese never really had any incentive from spreading panic and invoking the Apocalypse if less than 99.999% of the population doesn't get at least two shots a year.

Singapore is one of Earth's most vaccinated countries and had one of the strictest forms of lockdown and travel ban, since early last year. They are still recording 2,000 to 3,000 "cases" a day.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Yohan wrote:
November 9th, 2021, 7:54 am
We have no anti-vaxx demos in Japan, no disputes among politicians - all is calm here.

The Japanese government has no legal power to restrict individual citizens in such a situation like covid-19, but it asks obtrusively to co-operate and offers 'recommendations' with the help of media. A lockdown is out of question, not possible.
No government, no government that wants to at least pretend to be a democracy, has the legal power to force their population to take some experimental gene therapy concocted in 6 months by private companies (who charge $25 a dose). They are doing all this on the drumbeat of propaganda and brainwashing the likes of which we haven't seen since WW2.

Japanese people, at least, chose to voluntarily turn up to the jabbing stations and get their shot. Most people I know, back in Italy, have tried to procrastinate as much as they could and are now doing it not to lose their job and their right to a normal social life.
Yohan wrote:
November 9th, 2021, 7:54 am
Next step is about influenze and pneumonia vaccination - this is really the worst what might happen to you: Covid-19 + flu + followed by pneumonia, nobody can deny that this might be a life-threatening situation for the patient.

3rd covid-19 shot will start around January/February 2022. I think many will show up again and why not?
By now Covid-19 and its delta variant is nothing scarier than a standard-ass flu, Which, in the US alone, can make up to 50,000 deaths a year. In Italy there have been allegedly 152K deaths since the beginning of 2020. And I say "allegedly" because by now even the rocks know that at least 4 deaths out of 5 have been misrepresented or misreported as "by Covid".
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

publicduende wrote:
November 9th, 2021, 8:35 am
Singapore is one of Earth's most vaccinated countries and had one of the strictest forms of lockdown and travel ban, since early last year. They are still recording 2,000 to 3,000 "cases" a day.
I would consider Singapore more as a city state, not really a country - but because of its vaccination policy, so far since February 2020 it reports only 511 deaths.

Compare Singapore with other small countries with about similar population, for example Denmark, reporting 2,742 deaths or with ElSalvator 3,690 deaths - many more than in Singapore despite this city state has a rather dense population.

The neighbor of my native country - Slovakia - reports 13,314 deaths!
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Yohan wrote:
November 9th, 2021, 9:49 am
publicduende wrote:
November 9th, 2021, 8:35 am
I would consider Singapore more as a city state, not really a country - but because of its vaccination policy, so far since February 2020 it reports only 511 deaths.

Compare Singapore with other small countries with about similar population, for example Denmark, reporting 2,742 deaths or with ElSalvator 3,690 deaths - many more than in Singapore despite this city state has a rather dense population.

The neighbor of my native country - Slovakia - reports 13,314 deaths!
Haven't you got it yet? They just proclaim as many deaths as the IFM pays them to.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

publicduende wrote:
November 9th, 2021, 9:03 am
By now Covid-19 and its delta variant is nothing scarier than a standard-ass flu...
Yes and no... depends on the patient.

There are differences, covid-19 and seasonal flu are two different diseases.

Covid-19 - and this is a major very serious difference if compared with a seasonal flu - has often long-term aftereffects in many patients and can attack various important organs for months.

In case a covid-19 patient is also infected - even later on after recovery of covid-19 but still suffering of aftereffects - with seasonal flu or pneumonia, this might become a life threatening condition.

Even if a person is unwilling to accept covid-19 vaccination, he should at least accept seasonal flu and pneumonia vaccination which exist since years and which are not disputed with some strange 'conspiracy stories'.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Yohan wrote:
November 9th, 2021, 10:06 am
Covid-19 - and this is a major very serious difference if compared with a seasonal flu - has often long-term aftereffects in many patients and can attack various important organs for months.
The flu has been known to do this. There is nothing new here.