Would You Get the Covid-19 Vaccine?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Would You Get the Covid-19 Vaccine?

Poll ended at April 18th, 2021, 7:14 pm

Yes
40%
Undecided
12%
No
48%

Total votes: 42
rudder
Junior Poster

Re: Would You Get the Covid-19 Vaccine?

Post by rudder »

publicduende wrote:
November 3rd, 2021, 12:58 am
Cornfed wrote:
November 2nd, 2021, 7:12 pm
publicduende wrote:
November 2nd, 2021, 6:52 pm
That's why I suggested him to maybe look into developing skills that can be sold online, like copywriting, testing software or writing software.
Out of those I would suggest copywriting. You can't generally snap your fingers and become a skilled software developer late in life.
@rudder

From an online resource:
Copywriting is the strategy of creating persuasive content for Marketing and Sales with the goal of generating conversions and sales. Some examples are emails, websites, advertisements, catalogs and others. The professional assigned to write and develop the “copy” is the copywriter.
I am not a copywriting expert but I do know that native English speakers can get decently-paid gigs once they have learned the trick of the game and have a few clients in their portfolios.

I personally know young Filipino copywriters, mostly in their mid-20s, who can easily make $2/3,000 a month. I don't know where you are but, in the Philippines, one can live quite comfortably with that money.
Thanks. Who's the target market? Latino businesses that want to publish stuff in English without sounding silly? Why wouldn't they just send their spanish copy to an official, certified translator?
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

rudder wrote:
November 4th, 2021, 10:59 am
Seriously... goes to a different thread and then tags me just to hurl insults at me based on some other thread that I started.
I tagged you because it didn't seem right to call you feeble minded without giving you a chance to respond.

If you read my posting history, you'd know I never took covid seriously. I said from the start that it's like a bad flu: kills the elderly and weak, leaves the healthy alone. Unlike you, I also never took these vaccines seriously. Like flu vaccines, covid vaccine is probably useful, but unnecessary if you're young and healthy. Getting hysterical about the vaccine is just as bad as getting hysterical about covid itself. And that's why I called you feeble minded, because you apparently made some serious decisions on the basis of hysteria about eventual forced vaccination. And I extend that epithet feeble minded to @publicduende and various other members of this forum who are pissibg their pants about the jab. (But not @Cornfed. He's more crazy than feeble minded.)

Regarding my reply to PAG in your thread. He hijacked the thread, not me. My original reply to you was on topic and answered your question regarding what happens to unvaccinated USA citizens returning to USA as of recently, based on my recent personal experience. (Of course, I couldn't resist adding some insulting commentary to my reply.) PAG's question was legitimate, but he should have started a new thread for that instead of hijacking. PAG is very trollish and constantly violates forum etiquette.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

rudder wrote:
November 4th, 2021, 11:37 am
Thanks. Who's the target market? Latino businesses that want to publish stuff in English without sounding silly? Why wouldn't they just send their spanish copy to an official, certified translator?
Copywriting is about creating new contents in your native language (English I assume), not about translating contents made by someone else into your native language.

It's another term for "sales/marketing content writer". Nowadays there a lot more types of contents one can write, from proper ads to blog posts that are effectively, full-blown endorsements of a product or service, to social media contents.

It's not a bad industry to be in, if you ask me, and it's one of the best way to make money online, legally at least :D
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

rudder wrote:
November 4th, 2021, 10:59 am
So yes, Shemp, or is it Shrimp? Sometimes a man has to make a choice between doing what he believes in and doing what's comfortable.

Can someone please ban this troll? Seriously... goes to a different thread and then tags me just to hurl insults at me based on some other thread that I started. Lovely moderation.
For the sake of objectivity, @Shemp is not a troll, it's one of our staple members. Like many here, he is opinionated and it's not my first time that divergent opinions on Covid-19, pandemic, lockdown, vaccines etc. clash, both online and IRL.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Shemp wrote:
November 4th, 2021, 3:55 pm
If you read my posting history, you'd know I never took covid seriously. I said from the start that it's like a bad flu: kills the elderly and weak, leaves the healthy alone. Unlike you, I also never took these vaccines seriously. Like flu vaccines, covid vaccine is probably useful, but unnecessary if you're young and healthy. Getting hysterical about the vaccine is just as bad as getting hysterical about covid itself. And that's why I called you feeble minded, because you apparently made some serious decisions on the basis of hysteria about eventual forced vaccination. And I extend that epithet feeble minded to @publicduende and various other members of this forum who are pissibg their pants about the jab. (But not @Cornfed. He's more crazy than feeble minded.)
@Shemp I don't follow you here. If you yourself don't believe in the lethal effects of Covid on your body, then why did you do the jab? To be able to travel?

I have done my own homework and gathered enough information to know that:

1) I am not at risk of having serious consequences from Covid, if I ever contracted it, especially in the latest variants which (as science predicted) are more aggressive and contagious, but less damaging. Matter of fact, both C and I might have already had it, around June this year. C lost the sense of taste and smell for a couple of days and felt tired. I only had fatigue symptoms and a bit of headache.

2) I am here in the Philippines and haven't travelled abroad for a while, nor I plan to. Domestic flights are pretty much back to normal (saliva PCR tests needed, and they're not expensive) and several tourist destinations are wide open.

My deep concern, which you may want to call "hysteria" if you like, is not about the vaccination itself, but the techno-medical authoritarian agenda that entire governments (or whoever pulls the strings) are enacting. If one wants to buy a flu jab, like in the past few decades, their choice.

I personally don't want to be forced to be inoculated with whatever experimental gene therapy passes as a "vaccine", potentially multiple times a year, and certainly don't want to be forced to use an app that tracks my whereabouts.

For a staple member of the group of freedom-loving renegades this forum is, your views are surprisingly conformist. Nothing to object to that, but HA is probably not the best place to preach the benefits of the Pfizer vax or the Green Pass.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

publicduende wrote:
November 2nd, 2021, 5:24 am
I respect your opinion, @Shemp. However, if you have time and curiosity, please do give that PDF even just a cursory read. Among other things, it also makes a comparison of this one pandemic against the post-WW1 Spanish flu epidemic. It also explains why calling the mRNA genic therapy a "vaccine" is a classic case of lipstick on a pig. It doesn't turn the pig into a pretty woman.
I had to do some hunting to find this PDF (the link was in another thread), but it was a good read. I'm fairly sympathetic to his view, and I'd been using the term "subscription-based immunity" already. That is a thing I definitely do not want.

He might be downplaying the seriousness of covid-19 a little, though, so that's one criticism. Yes covid has a high survival rate, but that doesn't mean many ppl who catch it don't go through hell. "Worse illness I've ever had" are words I've heard more than once. Not to mention it's more likely to leave lasting symptoms and complications. I think it is reasonable to treat it as a more serious problem than the flu.

Not to the extent of having these bullshit mandates though.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Shemp wrote:
November 4th, 2021, 3:55 pm
And I extend that epithet feeble minded to @publicduende and various other members of this forum who are pissibg their pants about the jab. (But not @Cornfed. He's more crazy than feeble minded.)
Because obviously you'd have to be feeble minded or crazy to believe anyone forcing you to take unnecessary experimental medical procedures has anything other than your best interests at heart lol.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

flowerthief00 wrote:
November 7th, 2021, 6:45 pm
publicduende wrote:
November 2nd, 2021, 5:24 am
I respect your opinion, @Shemp. However, if you have time and curiosity, please do give that PDF even just a cursory read. Among other things, it also makes a comparison of this one pandemic against the post-WW1 Spanish flu epidemic. It also explains why calling the mRNA genic therapy a "vaccine" is a classic case of lipstick on a pig. It doesn't turn the pig into a pretty woman.
I had to do some hunting to find this PDF (the link was in another thread), but it was a good read. I'm fairly sympathetic to his view, and I'd been using the term "subscription-based immunity" already. That is a thing I definitely do not want.

He might be downplaying the seriousness of covid-19 a little, though, so that's one criticism. Yes covid has a high survival rate, but that doesn't mean many ppl who catch it don't go through hell. "Worse illness I've ever had" are words I've heard more than once. Not to mention it's more likely to leave lasting symptoms and complications. I think it is reasonable to treat it as a more serious problem than the flu.

Not to the extent of having these bullshit mandates though.
Covid-19 was lab-designed to be much more lethal than a standard Coronavirus type of flu. Those who contracted the virus in 2019 and early 2020, including my ex-wife, speak of at least 2 weeks of respiratory hell, followed by at least another 2 weeks of slow recovery, with fatigue, headache and other tail-end flu symptoms. Nobody is trying to downplay the virus.

It is also a fact that the subsequent variants have been more aggressive but less lethal, as it always happens. Those who were vaccinated might have well gotten a lighter form of Covid, but surely didn't have a chance to develop natural immunity which, according to the paper and common sense, it's the only way for the virus to be diluted away in the population, as our bodies learn to counterattack the mutations better and better.

To summarise, a man-made evil bioweapon neutralised by the immensely benign Mother Nature.

I could have perhaps seen a benefit in a vaccine against the earlier variants. Yet, as of end of 2021, with the virus reduced to the ranks of a standard flu, all this obsession, this paranoia, this fabricated panic, clearly hides a much more sinister agenda that, as CF says, doesn't look like having our best interest at heart.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

publicduende wrote:
November 7th, 2021, 8:37 pm
Covid-19 was lab-designed to be much more lethal than a standard Coronavirus type of flu. Those who contracted the virus in 2019 and early 2020, including my ex-wife, speak of at least 2 weeks of respiratory hell, followed by at least another 2 weeks of slow recovery, with fatigue, headache and other tail-end flu symptoms. Nobody is trying to downplay the virus.
But what about all the people who say it was no big deal or tested positive with no symptoms at all? It sounds like a classic case of conformation bias fallacy where you are taking what could be an essentially random set of people who have had the flu, choosing the worst tales of suffering - which there always are in any group of flu survivors - and discarding all other cases.

Is there any reason to think that covaids even exists? To your knowledge, has it been isolated and gone through Koch's Postulates? If it does exist, how do these people know they had it rather than a bad reaction to some other cold or flu? We presumably all know that PCR tests to detect the presence of anything are completely bogus.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

To Corny's point, here's a recent covid "survivor" tossing around 200 pound medicine balls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXP3om1Pz-g
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Cornfed wrote:
November 7th, 2021, 9:31 pm
publicduende wrote:
But what about all the people who say it was no big deal or tested positive with no symptoms at all? It sounds like a classic case of conformation bias fallacy where you are taking what could be an essentially random set of people who have had the flu, choosing the worst tales of suffering - which there always are in any group of flu survivors - and discarding all other cases.

Is there any reason to think that covaids even exists? To your knowledge, has it been isolated and gone through Koch's Postulates? If it does exist, how do these people know they had it rather than a bad reaction to some other cold or flu? We presumably all know that PCR tests to detect the presence of anything are completely bogus.
I only have indirect experience from people who had "some sort of bad flu" which gave them a mix of strong chest pain, respiratory fatigue, loss of sense of taste and smell. Curiously enough, all these bad cases trace back to end of 2019 and early 2020 at most.

My ex-wife lives in an area of the UK with a sizeable Chinese community and had it, together with her partner and her partner's family, early December 2019, when Covid-19 didn't even have a name and hadn't even been "officially introduced" in Europe courtesy of travellers from Wuhan.

Suffice to say, none of the people I know of, who got "bad Covid-19" died, but one. The exception was an 85-yo man, one of my former junior high school teacher, whom, as I heard, had a severe pulmonary condition and could have, literally died out of a common cold.

Of course, as you say @Cornfed, the bias has been placed by the media. For each of these severe cases, touted as the ultimate proof of the virus' lethality, there might have been hundreds or even thousands of mild of asymptomatic cases we will never know about. Especially in the UK, where people are used to getting cold or flu a couple of times a year and are used to self-medicate at home.
Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

But hi status people die of the covid sometimes like tanzania pres and head of human rights in philipin
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Luckily here in Japan we have no problem about Covid-19 anymore. Japan reported 231.596 patients 2 months ago - peak.
Now it's over, more or less a finished matter.

People came by themselves for vaccination, and those who did not, no problem up to them.
The Japanese government has no legal power to force anybody to be vaccinated.

Today only 107 new infections were reported in Japan.
The total number of patients in hospital care in all Japan is 3531 and still declining.

About 99 million people out of the total population of 125 million are now vaccinated most of them with Pfizer.
3rd shot will also be available around end of this year.

In the meantime there is seasonal influenza vaccination ready, if you want to get this shot too.

24 out of 47 provinces reported ZERO new infections.

No restrictions at all. Covid-19 is not existing in many areas in Japan.
However nobody knows if there will be another wave of infections in Japan in the near future.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

publicduende wrote:

It is also a fact that the subsequent variants have been more aggressive but less lethal, as it always happens. Those who were vaccinated might have well gotten a lighter form of Covid, but surely didn't have a chance to develop natural immunity which, according to the paper and common sense, it's the only way for the virus to be diluted away in the population, as our bodies learn to counterattack the mutations better and better.

To summarise, a man-made evil bioweapon neutralised by the immensely benign Mother Nature.

I could have perhaps seen a benefit in a vaccine against the earlier variants. Yet, as of end of 2021, with the virus reduced to the ranks of a standard flu, all this obsession, this paranoia, this fabricated panic, clearly hides a much more sinister agenda that, as CF says, doesn't look like having our best interest at heart.
Putting aside evil bioweapon theories I'm not ready to hop on board with....

In my case the people I know who have had bad cases of the virus have been in 2021. I have one (very beautiful) friend in her early twenties who was released the other day after weeks of hospitalization and is continuing treatment.

I want to believe that the virus is becoming less lethal. It is what I expected to happen. But the data from the latter half of 2021 didn't support my expectation, or was conflicting at best. There was a Canadian study some months back, for example, that found that those who contract delta were twice as likely to be hospitalized and 1.5 times more likely to die.

You might know something that I don't know. Please share your reasoning why you say it is a fact that subsequent variants of covid are less lethal. As you stated, there are who-knows-how-many asymptomatic cases we will never know about, so how can we be sure what the lethality really is?
Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

flowerthief00 wrote:
November 8th, 2021, 12:59 pm
publicduende wrote:

Putting aside evil bioweapon theories I'm not ready to hop on board with....

In my case the people I know who have had bad cases of the virus have been in 2021. I have one (very beautiful) friend in her early twenties who was released the other day after weeks of hospitalization and is continuing treatment.

I want to believe that the virus is becoming less lethal. It is what I expected to happen. But the data from the latter half of 2021 didn't support my expectation, or was conflicting at best. There was a Canadian study some months back, for example, that found that those who contract delta were twice as likely to be hospitalized and 1.5 times more likely to die.

You might know something that I don't know. Please share your reasoning why you say it is a fact that subsequent variants of covid are less lethal. As you stated, there are who-knows-how-many asymptomatic cases we will never know about, so how can we be sure what the lethality really is?
I know person healthy less 60 age recent die from covid and know other deaths from news reporting happen in last months
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen