Anyone know if international travel will be reopened soon?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Light
Freshman Poster

Post by Light »

yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Anyone know if international travel will be reopened soon?

Post by yick »

They're selling international flights on trip.com for July. It will be around then - it will be real soon or else all the airlines are going to go bust.
Light
Freshman Poster

Post by Light »

yick wrote:
May 2nd, 2020, 8:09 pm
They're selling international flights on trip.com for July. It will be around then - it will be real soon or else all the airlines are going to go bust.
I hope the tickets are still cheap like they were in March right before the shutdowns began and not double or triple the price they were before Covid-19 went global.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Here in Asia not before end of May, more likely middle of June it will be possible to travel again using international flights with reasonable prices.
it is more or less impossible now as a tourist or pensioner to travel to Thailand, Philippines etc. at least not here starting from Japan.

I am just waiting it out, as I am not in a hurry.
I and wife and younger daughter are fairly safe here in Japan, in Okayama province - so far only 23 infections and 11 already recovered among about 2 million people. Only 12 people are here in Okayama in hospitals in isolation with confirmed corona-virus infection. Nobody died so far.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Europe will re-evaluate the international airline travel posture on May 16. Don’t be surprised if they continue the restrictions at that time.

But when they do resume, expect to wear your mask for the entire flight.
Light
Freshman Poster

Post by Light »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
May 2nd, 2020, 9:11 pm
Europe will re-evaluate the international airline travel posture on May 16. Don’t be surprised if they continue the restrictions at that time.

What about the complimentary meal and beverage on international flights? I don't think people can eat those without removing the mask?
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Light wrote:
May 2nd, 2020, 9:17 pm
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
May 2nd, 2020, 9:11 pm

What about the complimentary meal and beverage on international flights? I don't think people can eat those without removing the mask?
That’s a question for the airlines to answer. American flight attendant unions demanded that passengers wear masks and the airlines folded. I’m sure international airlines will have similar requirements. https://www.google.com/search?ei=oUqu ... s-wiz-serp
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Yohan wrote:
May 2nd, 2020, 9:02 pm
Here in Asia not before end of May, more likely middle of June it will be possible to travel again using international flights with reasonable prices.
it is more or less impossible now as a tourist or pensioner to travel to Thailand, Philippines etc. at least not here starting from Japan.

I am just waiting it out, as I am not in a hurry.
I and wife and younger daughter are fairly safe here in Japan, in Okayama province - so far only 23 infections and 11 already recovered among about 2 million people. Only 12 people are here in Okayama in hospitals in isolation with confirmed corona-virus infection. Nobody died so far.
Philippines have grounded all national and domestic flights at least until May 15. It si very likely that the Extended Community Quarantine (ECQ) will be extended at least until end of May.